Blood PvP 4.3...a little help?

72 Draenei Shaman
Coming back to my DK and looking to go blood for PvP. Is there a good guide for builds/stats/gear etc. for Blood DKs in 4.3 anywhere?
Reply Quote
84 Orc Death Knight
Bump, I'd love to know the same thing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Take up pale horse along with the meta gem that give additional 10% shorter snare duration. You'll get in total 40% less snare duration which makes it harder for people to kite blood dk, if you know their class well. *This advice is for mostly 2s arena.

Untill the new pvp tier 11 comes out then i'll play with the stats. By then i'll let ya know what went well for me. My guess is that there be enough crit to make it worthwhile compared to mastery and haste.
Edited by Naarusii on 11/30/2011 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
Same gear priority as unholy (avoid mastery)

Haste vs Mastery

Mastery is your survivability stat. It directly effects your "Blood shield"

If I were going for FC spec i'd stack Mastery, but if you're going into deal damage, I'd go with the haste > mastery, which is what I use because I run unholy as my primary PvP spec and my Blood spec is optimised for 10 man raiding.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
11/30/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Errow
Coming back to my DK and looking to go blood for PvP. Is there a good guide for builds/stats/gear etc. for Blood DKs in 4.3 anywhere?

You act like Blood's hard to get the hang of..

...spec blood. Even freaking 41 blood will work. Stack mastery. Hit Death strike a lot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Same gear priority as unholy (avoid mastery)

Haste vs Mastery

Mastery is your survivability stat. It directly effects your "Blood shield"

If I were going for FC spec i'd stack Mastery, but if you're going into deal damage, I'd go with the haste > mastery, which is what I use because I run unholy as my primary PvP spec and my Blood spec is optimised for 10 man raiding.

Mastery is a hell of a lot more useful than haste for Blood in PvP. You should almost never have a spare global cooldown in Blood Presence because of Rune Strike (which hits hard as hell, has a large crit bonus with the glyph, and can't be dodged by rogues or cats, use it).
Edited by Nachtwind on 12/10/2011 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
All the haters just gotta realise that all you need to do to kill a blood deathknight is stay out of melee range. If you are a healer or caster/range and u cant keep out of melee range from a tank spec then I'm sorry but it's your own lack of skill to blame.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/14/2011 08:55 AMPosted by Foblespuker
All the haters just gotta realise that all you need to do to kill a blood deathknight is stay out of melee range. If you are a healer or caster/range and u cant keep out of melee range from a tank spec then I'm sorry but it's your own lack of skill to blame.

Exactly!

Stun, Disarm, Root, Snare, Fear, Mind Control = LOL Blood Dk
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
First off, i would like to start with, i am not a pro or even think i am. I find blood is a fun spec to pvp but there a 2 totaly diffrent stats prorities to work with depending on what u want to do. Blood is now a viable DPS spec in pvp ,with correct stats. Treat the bdk like a mellee class and stack strenght and crit and if u cant do either of those then MASTERY. I say this because mastery keeps u alive, plain and simple. last season i had about 16% crit and with the right timing with procs from fallen crusader, trinkets and Runic Focus(frost passive talent, VERY wicked talent btw!!!) i would crit for 40-50k pretty regularly(with death strike/rune strike macro). 240 spell pen is a given for casting (Becuase we are basterd melee class that uses casting mechanics), but anything above 200 will work fine. (Get spell pen from gems and cloak enchant). DEFINETLY get enigmatic shadow spirit diamond for ur meta. The snare/root duration reduction is PRICELESS. Dont worry about stuns, you will live through any of the dps caused by stun classes. It is the kiting thats a MOFO. Use Dark Simulacrum whenever u see a mage poly or any other cc and use AGAINST THEM. Its incredible how freaked out mages get when i poly them and slap them, laugh at them then call the ghould, disease,blood bloil, death them back(because they always blink) COI, Trinket ,D/S,D/S Blood Tap D/S, R/S,R/S,R/S,R/S... GG
Now i will end by saying this....Blood is a VERY easy class to overcome and any1 who understands PvP will just keep ur vengence down and kite the bajesus out of u, buuuut, on the flip side, There are ALOT of CRAPPY players out there so have fun.
P.S dont forget Necrotic Strike on healing classes, Icebound Fortitude gets you out of stuns but not saps and u can walk through ROF with ur AMS.(another way to freak out the mage)
Edit: just wanted to add, i only replied becuse i see so few threads about it that i felt obligated to try to guide with as little as i know.
Edited by Divinci on 12/19/2011 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Keybind all your buttons into the shape of a fist on your key board (Hint: Half of them should be Death strike). Target someone and proceed to punch your keyboard. Pvp Gear will be added to your bags soon after.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
lol hes mad
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
All I have to say is !@#$ you to anybody playing Blood.

Hands down the easiest spec in the game right now. Deathstrike unavoidable? For %^-*'s sake. You people who need to get carried by blood are a !@#$ing joke.

Oh stop crying. Everyone else gets to be OP over time and when it's finally a melee's turn, seems like all the ranged lose their minds. Kite us, that's all you have to do and it's all you've ever done.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Follow me if you want to live...

No seriously...this is the cookie cutter FC spec/glyphs/runeforge/gems.

Now, if you want to go into a more dps dealing spec, I can't help you...I just don't die while killing off multiple people in a 40 yard range of me :P.

Edit: the troll dk above gave some good advice...the one thing I would change: as a blood dk, you become more susceptible to caster damage than melee, look into Effulgent Shadowspirit Diamond.
Edited by Legrange on 12/28/2011 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
lolololololololololololol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]