Boss Interrupt Macro Question

90 Goblin Mage
On Well of Eternity, Azshara must be interrupted, but she is never the dps target. It is better for a ranged (i.e. me) to do the interrupts so that melee can stay on the adds. Would this macro work to toss an interrupt on the boss and resume dps almost immediately?

/target Queen Azshara
/cast counterspell
/targetlastenemy
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Unnecessary. Just use focus, focus her and then do something like this:

/cast [@focus] counterspell
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Xyrestic,

I dont understand your marco, can you explain that?

Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Xyrestic,

I dont understand your marco, can you explain that?

You can find more information about macros in WoW at wowpedia.org. Reading some of the stickies at the top of the forum will help too.

/cast [@focus] counterspell

Means cast (/cast) on the focus (@focus, which is a short form for target=focus) the spell Counterspell (counterspell).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You should do:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,exists] Counterspell

as without exists conditional, it will try to fire it whether focus exists or not, regardless.

Anywhoo to figure out what macros do, copy paste them at www.macroexplain.com for step by step explanation.
Also, read the tutorial:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro

In this case, you're casting counterspell on focus directly, without having to switch your targets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]