Arena / PVP Addons Thread - 4.3 + S11 Ready

85 Undead Priest
Here's a list of PVP related addons I use, paired with the reason I use them. They help with the basic stuff so you can focus more on the little things that make a good player great.

First, here's a ss of my ui (from org, arenas are down so I cant get a real good one):
http://i39.tinypic.com/ix4ikx.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Addon Control Panel -
This addon isn't PVP related, but it allows you to enable/disable your addons from ingame as opposed to having to log out (why wouldn't you use this?)

Aloft -
This gives you the ability to completely customize your ctrl+v frames (above peoples heads), which you need in arena so you can follow people through walls. Also lets you toggle which totems / pets you want to see.

GladiatorLosSA -
Calls out relevant CDs that the enemy uses as they use them (verbal sound files play). You can't really fail with this addon.... unless you ignore it as it tells you important !@#$

Gladius -
Everyone uses gladius; track enemy pvp trinket cd and other cds etc.

Icicle -
Shows relevant enemy cooldowns WITH timers above their heads. This is ESPECIALLY important for healers.... you can shadow word death or sac %^-* like scatter shot / repentance / blind if you're watching the cd on it and an enemy player's range.

InterruptBar -
This addon used to be important, but nowadays every class has a !@#$ing interrupt and 99% of the arena teams you'll face will have a shaman tha'ts gonna windshear your hard casts, but anyways this addon tracks enemy interrupts and places a CD timer on them while they're on CD.

LoseControl -
When you lose control of your character, you see the icon of whatever CC is affecting you in the middle of your screen along with a duration timer on it. Communicate CC duration to your team as relevant

PitBull4 UnitFrames -
I use these because it's very customizable, specifically I configure it to help me with dispels when im healing with what it displays.

Quartz -
This just lets you customize castbars and place them wherever you want. I put my char's castbar below my char, and I put a faded Focus-Target castbar right above my char, so I can easily shut down an enemy caster or what-not by watching their casts

SpellAlerter -
Puts an icon of a relevant spell used by an enemy on your screen (you set the location+duration it will stay there). Very useful when you need to disarm a recklessness or something, and again it forcefeeds you relevant information so you cant help but become a better player

TellMeWhen -
This has alot of capabilities with displaying your cds or an enemy cds. I personally only use it to track the internal cooldown of improved hamstring on my warrior.

------------------------------------------------------------

In closing, you don't need to use any addons to be a good player. And in Blizzcon you CANT use any addons. But regardless using addons can definitely help you become a better PVPer

if you want to download all of the addons I use (including ones for professions & other stuff) you can get them all here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/815235558/ryanh_addons_4.3.rar

[AddonControlPanel, Aloft, Auctionator, Bagnon, Bartender4, CCReport, CLCRet, DBM, GladiatorLosSA, Gladius, Grid, Icicle, InterruptBar, LoseControl, Panda, PitBull4, Postal, Prat, Quartz, Recount, SpellAlerter, TellMeWhen, Xperl]
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
<3 actually useful for me
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I would also like to suggest adding IceHud to your list. IceHud is fantastic and extremely customizable. I track my cooldowns and target/focus casting with it. It is an incredible add-on if you spend the time getting it where you like.

Also, can someone explain the draw to me for using addons like Aloft and TidyPlates. Doesn't the Bliz UI for nameplates do the same thing, just without the new skin?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i just like how aloft is customizable in virtually every way with the ctrl+v bars
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know MLG kids don't use these. You can't see the spell animations for interrupts and count while you're handling things? Smh.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

In closing, you don't need to use any addons to be a good player. And in Blizzcon you CANT use any addons. But regardless using addons can definitely help you become a better PVPer

ty incompetent 2100 player (who proly got 2100 when arena ratings were inflated) who cares about nerd points err i mean achievement pts for your input/for demonstrating your inability to read

edit: typo
Edited by Ryanhwins on 1/13/2012 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
bumping this for the sake of the world
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pfft, i use gladius AND GURTHALAK, SKILL OF THE DEEPS!
Reply Quote
61 Human Priest
gimme some KT gold ill be 85 by monday
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ysMOV8TYU&feature=related the only add on your truly need
Reply Quote
bump for the sake of incompetent lazy nerds who play this game and suck at it because they refuse to spend 10 seconds installing an addon that will show them relevant information they need to be good
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Boring
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Is Pitbull really that useful? Seeing as grid if used has a nice debuff tracker, and I can never figure out how to set Pitbull up nicely enough to where it's worth it.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
03/19/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Ryanhx
bump for the sake of incompetent lazy nerds who play this game and suck at it because they refuse to spend 10 seconds installing an addon that will show them relevant information they need to be good
Someone playing a fantasy game calling others nerds? If you need an addon to play for you, how are you good anyway?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Someone playing a fantasy game calling others nerds? If you need an addon to play for you, how are you good anyway?

He was a gladiator on his pally...
And why are you using an alt to say this?
Edited by Cliventlol on 3/25/2012 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
So he was a gladiator in a fantasy game, calling others a nerd? Doesn't that make him a super nerd? How does the character I post on matter?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/25/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Chania
addon to play for you

03/19/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Ryanhx
addon that will show them relevant information
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
relevant information they need to be good
I can play too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]