Aggra

90 Troll Shaman
Remove her. Seriously.

/thread

Edit: Or make her better. In game she seems as flat as a wall. In the book, Twilight of the Aspects she had depth.
Edited by Juuju on 12/1/2011 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Remove her. Seriously.

/thread

Edit: Or make her better. In game she seems as flat as a wall. In the book, Twilight of the Aspects she had depth.

She wasn't looking all that flat to me.

I wouldn't worry about her too much for this point forward. She's served her purpose, she has Thrall's (sorry, I mean GO'EL's) orc babies bouncing in her stomach now. I doubt we'll be seeing much out of her in the future.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Aggra has fulfilled her true destiny as a semi-powerful baby factory.

And yet, I can't get mad about her, because I look at Garona, Medivh, and Med'an and go, "Oh. At least her kid won't be a orc/human/draenei paladin/mage/shaman."

I don't get why they're willing to write off everything in the RPG books as non-canon but they decided to write in MED'AN. Heck, I'm surprised his name wasn't Medona (if a girl) or Garivh. Blech.
Reply Quote
12/01/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Faine
She's served her purpose, she has Thrall's (sorry, I mean GO'EL's) orc babies bouncing in her stomach now.
Pretty much. Disappointing, but that's how it seems to go.

I doubt we'll be seeing much out of her in the future.
Now, if only the same could be said of Thrall. I'm quite frankly tired of him.

Aggra has fulfilled her true destiny as a semi-powerful baby factory.

And yet, I can't get mad about her, because I look at Garona, Medivh, and Med'an and go, "Oh. At least her kid won't be a orc/human/draenei paladin/mage/shaman."

I don't get why they're willing to write off everything in the RPG books as non-canon but they decided to write in MED'AN. Heck, I'm surprised his name wasn't Medona (if a girl) or Garivh. Blech.
Ehh, I still say that while Med'an is a multiclassing cheater of a hybrid, he's not nearly as bad as a certain fiery-haired single-class human mage with fiery red hair.
Edited by Khasiim on 12/2/2011 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I hate this character so much. she basically shows up out of nowhere, is kinda just there until that thrall event where she does nothing but talk about how much she loves the green sonnuva!@#$%. marries him at the end of the damn quest line then gets knocked the hell up at the end of the xpac. Besides baby maker, what was her point exactly? to put the kabosh on that Thrall/Jaina thing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It would actually show good story telling if Blizzard had Varian have SI:7 to assassinate Aggra.

But then, you know, Thrall would go all crazy earth warder and destroy Azeroth in a hissy fit.
Reply Quote
12/02/2011 04:54 PMPosted by Tibbi
Besides baby maker, what was her point exactly? to put the kabosh on that Thrall/Jaina thing?
Pretty much.

What's especially egregious is that I've heard rumors that she was created because there weren't any lady orcs "cool enough" for Thrall. And yet, most of the previous stand-out female orc characters have been a lot more interesting than Aggra.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The trouble with these characters are that they are hard to remove.

Possible Scenarios:

1. Aggra is killed.
A cheapshot by Blizzard to charge an emotional war. (Can't say I know many woman in games who have died whilst bearing children, it would be daring I give them that)

2. Aggra/Thrall break up.
Thrall maybe is a little bitter, not creating alot of impetus outside of unfocused anger.

3. Aggra turns to Stone/Goes to Outland/Busy with paperwork/Leaves a Bus.
Not really solving the problem with this one, but it is one way to take her out of the plot. Leaves a great lack conclusion to linger about however. (Seems to be where the aspects are headed..)

4. Aggra goes Alpha, Thrall goes Omega.
Kind of like what happened with Malfurion/Tyrande. Inexplicably the relationship is flipped on its head for no good reason. It doesn't seem to amount to much outside castrating the omega. It wouldn't remove Aggra from the plot either, but it would put a damper on Thrall.

5. Time jump and all the Old Characters are dead/grandparents?
Kind of a nuclear bomb in terms of plot devices, just jump ahead a number of years and remake things. Worried about this one at the moment, given all these characters getting pregnant.. I don't think WoW has fostered a strong enough "second gen" that could amount to anything, and sequels are frankly the wrong way to go. The only plus note would be for another Cataclysm of sorts, only with a rebuilding of the world.

6. Aggra is metaed out of lore.
Any change made by fan-pressure or Blizzard's divine intervention. Who knows, other characters have been killed off in novels rather silently. Perhaps once the novels shift horde side we will see some changes shaking up.

7. [Your idea here]
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
She is captured by the Legion (maybe Nathrezim) and put into carbonite freeze for a few years. Make Thrall hunt her down and happen accross Alleria and Turalyon in the process, who almost kill him. He'd be dragged away from Azeroth to find her, giving us some time to recover from the thrall-centered content, and set up some decent new adventures.
Edited by Opheron on 12/2/2011 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Best story idea: Thrall and Aggra go off and raise some kids, letting someone else have the story spotlight for an xpac.
Reply Quote
12/03/2011 04:39 AMPosted by Tibbi
Best story idea: Thrall and Aggra go off and raise some kids, letting someone else have the story spotlight for an xpac.
You're jerkin' our chain, right?

...I mean, only one xpack? He needs to stay out of our hair for longer than that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/02/2011 04:08 AMPosted by Lokra
I don't get why they're willing to write off everything in the RPG books as non-canon but they decided to write in MED'AN. Heck, I'm surprised his name wasn't Medona (if a girl) or Garivh. Blech

I agree. I read the background book The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm by Christie Golden WAY before I even saw any mention of Aggra in game, and quite frankly I was surprised at how much they left out about her lore, and any other RPG book lore. To me, it's an extra, enjoyable tidbit which explains many backgrounds to the game. It's dissapointing that WoW IGNORES RPG books which explain backgrounds more thoroughly, and just randomly decide to throw in characters that come out of bloody nowhere, and make important characters, like Thrall, less important. (I don't care if you're sick of him, he was trying to save the bloody world while the Alliance and the Horde went all half !@#$ and crazy).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The main purpose Aggra was supposed to fill was a seed that Blizzard should have planted long, long ago. (No pun intended you sickos..) The fact that she first appears in a BOOK of all things and suddenly shows up in the game as Thrall's arm candy is a huge no-no.

Blizzard had SO much time to give Thrall a possible love interest. His first time in Nagrand for example, why couldn't they have done something there? Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense there? There could have even possibly been some development with Garrosh too.

I don't outright hate Aggra, as I think Thrall would and should have to have settled down sooner or later.. but the way it was implemented was terribly done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Despite my views on Thrall and how this relationship has developed, I don't get why people have, Idk, negative views on a woman being a mother in WoW. Yes, we do need more single, powerful women, but being a mother isn't and shouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness or being a sign that their story is done. If Thrall can be developed as a father (hopefully outside the game, that's the one time I feel lore should be told outside of game), why not her as a mother?
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
AMAGAD DID U HEAR AGGRA'S PREGGERS?!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Aggra's problem was she was so woefully undeveloped and then thrust into a position of emotional attachment for which we have no reason.

When we first met Aggra, she was feeding Thrall some BS line about being a Shaman AND a WarChief and generally being ridiculous / annoying. Thrall gives in, leaves Lumpy McHellscream in charge, pouring salt on the injury, and turning Aggra into the Delilah of this calamity.

Then, later, she and Thrall are supposed to be an item, but guess what? That all took place off stage, and could scarce mean less. We never saw this relationship unfold, and so when it comes to her saving Thrall... she means NOTHING to us. In fact, she's just the screamy, annoying arm candy that stranded us with Garrosh.

Kill her, keep her, shovel her off to some hovel in Nagrand and forget about her... I just don't want to see her in the spotlight again.
Edited by Dryker on 3/10/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Goodbye, Thrall and Aggra.....Thrall, you were awesome......and Aggra.........well, it was nice to get to know a fifth wheel like you......NOW GTFO!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/03/2011 05:47 AMPosted by Khasiim
You're jerkin' our chain, right?

...I mean, only one xpack? He needs to stay out of our hair for longer than that.

Have him an Aggra raise babies for an expansion. After that, go ahead and knock of Muln Earthfury (lets face it, Blizzard has done JACK with him, and seems to show no interest in doing so) and put Thrall in charge of the Earthen Ring.

I just don't want to see him as Warchief again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/02/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Khasiim
Besides baby maker, what was her point exactly? to put the kabosh on that Thrall/Jaina thing?
Pretty much.

What's especially egregious is that I've heard rumors that she was created because there weren't any lady orcs "cool enough" for Thrall. And yet, most of the previous stand-out female orc characters have been a lot more interesting than Aggra.

Zaela/Gorgonna stand out to me and HECK who says thrall needed an orc chick. Plenty of female's of other races are out there
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
03/10/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Kensaii
Pretty much.

Zaela/Gorgonna stand out to me and HECK who says thrall needed an orc chick. Plenty of female's of other races are out there
I have to tell you, that transmog set looks amazing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]