LFR loot exploit is so bad. Free Tier for all

6 Worgen Priest
Seriously, guilds farming 20+ LFRs to stack their entire guild with a four set is pretty stupid. Paragon even hinted at it in their "The Raid Observer" blog today.
And never mind the new introduction of our Raid Finder! This has created an interesting, new element that is being seriously considered by some of our elite guilds.
Yeah, a new element that is allowing you to outfit your raiders with free tier.

Well done blizzard.
Edited by Notfat on 12/1/2011 10:37 PM PST
85 Goblin Warrior
How does that work? I thought once you were there for a kill, you couldn't roll on loot again (til it reset), regardless if you won anything?
85 Night Elf Druid
CLEARLY CREATIVE USE OF GAME MECHANICS

for those that want to read the discussion on it

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1034351-Paragon-what-is-going-on

maybe someone has a better link
Edited by Avermra on 12/1/2011 10:38 PM PST
85 Orc Death Knight
12/01/2011 10:38 PMPosted by Gnobgoblin
How does that work? I thought once you were there for a kill, you couldn't roll on loot again (til it reset), regardless if you won anything?

You can all but 1 take alts, give all gear to the one main raider. Then switch an alt in for a raider and repeat. So each raider gets the whole lockout to themselves.
85 Night Elf Druid
12/01/2011 10:39 PMPosted by Atheistgods

You can all but 1 take alts, give all gear to the one main raider. Then switch an alt in for a raider and repeat. So each raider gets the whole lockout to themselves.

This is the legitimate way of doing the system and no complaints if done this way.

This issue is whether the rumored "intentional DC" thing is real or not.
85 Human Paladin
yes, if they did what averna quoted, then that's pure farming. nothing creative or exploity there. just 24 people doing the lfr many many times an 25th being a rotated main.

if they did that whole zone-out, loot corpse thing, that, however is...or should be...ban-worthy more than the saronite bombs were.

so I hope its the first, but if it isnt, i hope the hammer lands. and i'm not talking about ragnaros.
1 Dwarf Warrior
I'd like to see something be done about this. Maybe a week long ban for all of the offenders? This is reminiscent of instance cascading from Classic when you had guilds running 5+ BWL run on the same characters in a week. In those cases, the loot was stripped and the people were given one week bans. Why can't it be the same in this case?

It figures that a new exploit would be introduced via LFR.
85 Night Elf Druid
yes, if they did what averna quoted, then that's pure farming. nothing creative or exploity there. just 24 people doing the lfr many many times an 25th being a rotated main.

if they did that whole zone-out, loot corpse thing, that, however is...or should be...ban-worthy more than the saronite bombs were.

so I hope its the first, but if it isnt, i hope the hammer lands. and i'm not talking about ragnaros.

you could at least get my name right after all the times we argued
85 Human Paladin
I read casually, I have a life.

sowwy. <3.
1 Dwarf Warrior

It's definitely the latter. When you have people getting 8 pieces of LFR gear, including 4/5 LFR tier, over the span of 8+ hours and it's like this for the entire guild, something is amiss. If it was only one person that was like this, I might write it off as a fluke. But when EVERYONE in the guild is like this, it reeks of exploiting.
Something needs to be done regardless even if its a temp ban with a time roll back on everyone single one of their toons to remove gear that was obtain by a way that was not intended.
85 Human Paladin
can you check if the people getting gear got it close together or scattered across those 8 hour?

aka guy XYZZ got pieces a few hours apart? because that woul suggest exploit since the runs itself arent that long and he cant 'fairly' loot out of multiple runs.

basically look if between first and last piece is more than 1 hour difference for a few characters.
Edited by Robokapp on 12/1/2011 11:04 PM PST
1 Dwarf Warrior
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Wakoz/feed

He obtained the Rockhide Bracers and Siege of Wyrmrest 12 hours ago. Since then he recieved other pieces of 384 tier over a four hour span.

For those who have run LFR as a full guild, at most, it doesn't take long. I could see a guild like Paragon being able to clear it once every 20 minutes.
Edited by Hayekk on 12/1/2011 11:10 PM PST
85 Dwarf Warrior
If they put in this much time, I'm fine with them having lower quality gear sightly ahead.
1 Dwarf Warrior
12/01/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Asane
If they put in this much time, I'm fine with them having lower quality gear sightly ahead.

By this logic, it was fine when Ensidia exploited normal Lich King because it was just normal mode and it provided a lesser quality of gear.
Same if they did it in a that works in a way that it was intended.

85 Human Paladin
12/01/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Asane

it doesnt matter, if it wasnt obtained by means that are achievable without exploiting...then i dont care what it is. could be a fishing recepy for all I care. justice is blind :D

edit: I still disagree with ensidia's exploit. If you found out Heroism rebuilds the platform would you do the fight without popping heroism? they posted proof that the bombs were used regularly, and their rotation which lead to the paltform problems was not different from other fights and trash.
Edited by Robokapp on 12/1/2011 11:14 PM PST
100 Troll Hunter
12/01/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Hayekk
It's definitely the latter. When you have people getting 8 pieces of LFR gear, including 4/5 LFR tier, over the span of 8+ hours and it's like this for the entire guild, something is amiss. If it was only one person that was like this, I might write it off as a fluke. But when EVERYONE in the guild is like this, it reeks of exploiting.

You do know for a terrible LFR pug, it takes all of 30-40 minutes to clear the first four, right? Now imagine Paragon. LFR fights are a complete and utter joke.
Edited by Naumu on 12/1/2011 11:38 PM PST
5 Orc Shaman

it doesnt matter, if it wasnt obtained by means that are achievable without exploiting...then i dont care what it is. could be a fishing recepy for all I care. justice is blind :D

edit: I still disagree with ensidia's exploit. If you found out Heroism rebuilds the platform would you do the fight without popping heroism? they posted proof that the bombs were used regularly, and their rotation which lead to the paltform problems was not different from other fights and trash.
If they were just "using the bombs in their rotation" somewhere in the many other guilds there had to be at least one other player who was using Saronite Bombs to up his or her DPS before the hotfix. And it would have been a widely known issue.
Edited by Rhogh on 12/1/2011 11:40 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]