LFR loot exploit is so bad. Free Tier for all

90 Undead Warlock
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1034351-LFR-Exploit-Discussion?p=14471523&viewfull=1#post14471523

for clarity.

blood legion is legit.

rooting for them for world first.
85 Orc Death Knight
12/02/2011 11:40 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Id say kudos to vodka, except for the people in their guild with 4 piece already, one of their tanks has 20+ lfr boss kills etc.

Funny, I'd say the fact that their tank has 20+ lfr kills and only one piece of his 384 Tier set would indicate that they aren't exploiting.

But then again I'm not an idiot.
90 Undead Priest
12/02/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Zooeey

And by doing something, I hope it's a hotfix and move on. Banning or other punishment for Blizzard's lack of testing (or fixing a known issue) is just wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but PTR is Public Test Realm, they release it to the wild to catch these bugs and have the players test them and report them so they can be fixed.

If the guilds knew about this and withheld the information from blizz, how is this blizz' fault?

Because there's a post a few above yours from a Vodka officer saying that they knew about it and had reported it. Let's assume that's accurate.......where's the blame now?
90 Human Death Knight

And by doing something, I hope it's a hotfix and move on. Banning or other punishment for Blizzard's lack of testing (or fixing a known issue) is just wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but PTR is Public Test Realm, they release it to the wild to catch these bugs and have the players test them and report them so they can be fixed.

If the guilds knew about this and withheld the information from blizz, how is this blizz' fault?

Apparently it WAS reported to Blizz but not fixed before going live.
Edited by Ellinore on 12/2/2011 11:46 AM PST
If you are getting loot off of a boss twice then it is an exploit. This has always been the case in World of Warcraft, and we expect players to know better.

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix to fix the exploit, and are deciding what steps we'll be taking for the gear that was already obtained.
considering top end guilds did it... you will probably do little to nothing...(to them at least)

though it would be 'nice' to see them get in trouble for using exploits... that they seem to use every available time... in each expansion
100 Tauren Paladin
Who else thinks the bans will only last UNTIL Tuesday?
16 Dwarf Hunter
I disagree with rightfully. If you solo Kael'Thas and get the mount, by the same token it should be taken away from you as, "that's not how it's supposed to be done".

That's where the fine line between exploit and creative use comes into play. IE, I don't think Ensidia was exploiting when using flower power.

If you think something is an exploit, you can always ask. If you continue to proceed down that path then you take your own bull by the horns and hope Blizzard agrees with you.
90 Gnome Death Knight
I'm calling clever use of game mechanics on this one, but... still is wrong.
100 Tauren Paladin
Because there's a post a few above yours from a Vodka officer saying that they knew about it and had reported it. Let's assume that's accurate.......where's the blame now?

Still on the players because it is an obvious exploit. We discussed it in my guild and chose not to do it b/c it is an exploit. Nobody had to tell any of us that it is an exploit. The ToS doesn't say, "It's okay to exploit a bug if we (Blizzard) already know about the bug."
Edited by Blizzhoof on 12/2/2011 11:49 AM PST
100 Orc Hunter
The gear was definetly stripped from most players. Wondering if they'll see some type of temporary ban though. Glad blizz is taking care of this.
90 Tauren Druid
12/02/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Blizzhoof
Who else thinks the bans will only last UNTIL Tuesday?

i dont think the bans should START until tuesday

if they started today, a 72h ban would last untill sunday.
100 Human Paladin
Funny, I'd say the fact that their tank has 20+ lfr kills and only one piece of his 384 Tier set would indicate that they aren't exploiting.

Perhaps he was gearing up other members of his guild?

Guilds like that are known for not being selfish and giving gear to others first.
Make an example out of these cheaters and ban them all. Show the top level guilds IT IS NOT OKAY to use these obvious exploits that were clearly not intended to further themselves somehow. Enough of these guilds exploiting some thing or another every freaking content patch to "win the race."

Make an example for future content patches (and expansions) that using these exploits WILL result in a permanent ban. No more double standards that make these top raiding guilds think they can get away with using whatever exploit they deem "necessary" to compete in the race to world first boss kills.
12/02/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Angoth

Odds are they will (rightfully) get a 72h for knowingly exploiting and move on. You may see some minor changes in rosters as those with previous suspensions get theirs moved to bans.

I disagree with rightfully. If you solo Kael'Thas and get the mount, by the same token it should be taken away from you as, "that's not how it's supposed to be done".
but that is a different thing entirely...

old content... soloed.. using the 'default' mechanics (start fight, move platforms, repeat.. kill bird so he rezzes.. kill the adds.. repeat till the boss is dead and loot drops.. gg see ya next week)

is not the same as 'kill the bird, pick up the loot without being saved, do it again... and again... and again.. in the same week till pheonix mount drops' which is what the LFR bug did... except it was loot not a mount.
90 Human Death Knight
If you are getting loot off of a boss twice then it is an exploit. This has always been the case in World of Warcraft, and we expect players to know better.

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix to fix the exploit, and are deciding what steps we'll be taking for the gear that was already obtained.
considering top end guilds did it... you will probably do little to nothing...(to them at least)

though it would be 'nice' to see them get in trouble for using exploits... that they seem to use every available time... in each expansion

LOL. The hypocrisy here is astounding.
90%+ of WoW's playerbase take advantage of developer oversights in the exact same way every new content cycle. The top guilds who actively participate on the PTR are just usually the first ones to find out about this stuff.

Case-in-point: Certain classes soloing Firelands mobs so they could farm BoE drops at the start of 4.3.
Q: Was this intended by Blizzard? A. No.
Q: Did a huge proportion of the playerbase take advantage of this anyways? A: Yes, a ton.
Q: Did the vast majority of players KNOW this wasn't intended and going to be patched but farmed BoEs anyways in a rush to get as many as they could while they could? A: Yes they did.
Edited by Ellinore on 12/2/2011 11:54 AM PST
85 Orc Death Knight

Perhaps he was gearing up other members of his guild?

Guilds like that are known for not being selfish and giving gear to others first.

The point of the exploit was that you could literally gear up anyone/everyone in the guild with 4 piece set bonuses if it was worth it.

The tank set bonuses this tier are probably the most essential.

Connect the dots.
90 Undead Warlock
As I understand it, Vodka and BL and a few other guilds used a system of having a ton of geared alts(22 of them to be exact), with 3 core members who didn't share Tier token availability.

This ensured that when Tier tokens dropped, there'd be no competition for the three Core raiders. The alts just hit Pass instead of rolling for the gear.

This is a smart use of LFR.

What Paragon and others did was to run LFR with the core players 16-24 times and bug the system using various methods to make those core raiders eligible for the gear off of the same boss over and again.

This is an exploit.
88 Gnome Mage

Give everyone who has extra gear a 24 hour long debuff that turns them into a frog.

oh, and remove the extra gear :p
72 Tauren Paladin
Make an example out of these cheaters and ban them all. Show the top level guilds IT IS NOT OKAY to use these obvious exploits that were clearly not intended to further themselves somehow. Enough of these guilds exploiting some thing or another every freaking content patch to "win the race."

Make an example for future content patches (and expansions) that using these exploits WILL result in a permanent ban. No more double standards that make these top raiding guilds think they can get away with using whatever exploit they deem "necessary" to compete in the race to world first boss kills.

In your first paragraph, you want a double standard because they are a top level guild. Then in your second paragraph you want the double standards to end.

The WoW community would be better off if all these whiners calling for bans would be banned.
Edited by Mohaine on 12/2/2011 11:55 AM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue

Are you open to suggestions? Like, strip them naked, remove achievements and feats, and a 2-week ban?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]