LFR loot exploit is so bad. Free Tier for all

90 Human Warlock
If you are getting loot off of a boss twice then it is an exploit. This has always been the case in World of Warcraft, and we expect players to know better.

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix to fix the exploit, and are deciding what steps we'll be taking for the gear that was already obtained.

Permabans sounds about right.

Resulting in getting several Tiered 13 characters regardless, what they did was more subtle than what Paragon did. They did do it.

If my guild did that, we'd be banned.

As I said, Blizzard did not make this system with the intentions of having people getting their t13 set bonuses on the 2nd day of 4.3.

You would not be banned. You are being extremely obtuse and try to play the whole "99%" victim thing here. Let me say this one more time:

Vodka and BL rotate three NEW core members who have not seen LFR loot for the week and who are on different tier tokens. The rest of the raid is comprised of 22 alts. Once those three people have seen the bosses die, they hop on their alts and three NEW core people come in who have not seen loot for the week. The only people who get loot from these runs are the three people who have not seen loot drop for the week. This is NOT an exploit or a hack; it's smart.

This isnt as overly blatant as what Paragon did, but it is still exploitation. Tryin to mask it as a creative use of game mechanics is just tryin to hide the fact that they cheated the system.

The issue with what Vodka and BL did (if it is what they did) is that there isn't an easy way to fix the issue without screwin the system for people who are legitimately tryin to use the system how what it was intended to be use.
85 Orc Death Knight

Saw loot from boss 1 time = not an exploit.
Saw loot from boss more than one time = exploit (and needs a nice hefty ban starting on tuesday.)

I like this.

Me too, because it argues against your posts in this thread.
85 Tauren Druid
I really hope to see you be heavy handed with those that actually used an exploit on this one. If it's the exploit I've heard mentioned it should not be difficult to check for (and I'm not talking about running multiple runs using alts, I'm talking about an actual exploit that allows someone to get LFR loot more than once). Anyone who used an exploit should have all LFR loot taken away and suffer a 72 hour suspension at a minimum (starting at the start of next raid lock-out would be a good way to penalize them for exploiting).
Edited by Treliss on 12/2/2011 12:31 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
Make LFR gear non-tradeable, and make it so you get locked even if you D/C.
There, that fixes all the problems.

...or something like that. Yea. :D
90 Night Elf Druid
I like the "bans starting on tuesday" idea, simply because Blizzard has done it before.

I went to Tanaris and fished into Uldum waters before Cata's release and got a bunch of cata fish before Cata was released. Did this weeks before hand, never got banned. The night the expansion was being released, I got a 24 hour ban one hour before Cata's release.
85 Undead Warrior
[quoteHave you EVER raided anything? I'd guess not, as it's always been possible for one person to get multiple pieces of gear from the same boss.

He means killing the boss and recieving an Item from that boss, then killing that same boss, within the same lockout period, at a later time and recieving a second item from that boss

Thier is no real equivelant to this in NM/HM raiding because you can't kill the same bosss two times in the same week regaurdless

I suppose the closest thing to this in NM/HM raiding would be if someone Grouped up with a group, killed the boss, got a drop from the boss, then paired up with anouther group, stood around outside the instance until the boss was dead, then walked in looted the corps and got anouther drop (or was traded the drop outside of the instance) This scenerio, how ever, isn't allowed by current game design because they don't want people getting multiple items off of different boss kills for the same lock out period

Edit- added in real words for fake ones
Edited by Redoing on 12/2/2011 12:34 PM PST
85 Tauren Paladin

I like this.

Well no it doesn't because.. well..

Different gear drops from different bosses.
Some gear drops from the same boss, some gear, lets say for example a Tank needs.
Morchok drops 4 things the Tank wants. He kills it once it only drops 1 thing.

The guild then engineers it to the point where that Tank will get all 4 of those drops that he wants from LFR. Even if he already killed and looted the boss.
They can repeat the process for each and every boss till they are full.

90 Undead Warlock
Why should they be punished?

They simply played a buggy crappy patch to the best of their abilities.

Instead of blaming the players, perhaps Bliz should investigate how 4.3 went live in such shoddy form?

How bout we stack the extra LFR loot against all the BoE's that wrongfully became soulbound, and call it a wash?

Guess this is what happens when the Devs and PTR testers spend their time &*@$ - blocking the transmog of Dark Herring and Legendaries, instead of ironing out the actual BUGS!

Seems like lately Bliz employees are a little bit too clever in anticipating the small harmless fun 'exploits' (like changing weapons to fish or wearing a weighted jack-o-lantern with a deviate costume), and completely miss these huge game-changing ones.

Taking advantage of a bug or a glitch to gain an unfair advantage is grounds for punishment up to and/or including permanent banning.

Companies shouldn't be expected to produce perfect products.
90 Troll Hunter
Funny, I'd say the fact that their tank has 20+ lfr kills and only one piece of his 384 Tier set would indicate that they aren't exploiting.

But then again I'm not an idiot.

No Denik, they're obviously exploiting because....well...those people said so.

Major burn on the end part to the person you quoted, though. ;)
16 Dwarf Hunter
I like the "bans starting on tuesday" idea, simply because Blizzard has done it before.

I went to Tanaris and fished into Uldum waters before Cata's release and got a bunch of cata fish before Cata was released. Did this weeks before hand, never got banned. The night the expansion was being released, I got a 24 hour ban one hour before Cata's release.

By most of the posters here you should have been perma-banned.
90 Night Elf Druid

By most of the posters here you should have been perma-banned.

Those deepsea sagefish and murglesnout sure were game breaking, especially since they took them away from me.
85 Orc Death Knight

Well no it doesn't because.. well..

Different gear drops from different bosses.
Some gear drops from the same boss, some gear, lets say for example a Tank needs.
Morchok drops 4 things the Tank wants. He kills it once it only drops 1 thing.

The guild then engineers it to the point where that Tank will get all 4 of those drops that he wants from LFR. Even if he already killed and looted the boss.
They can repeat the process for each and every boss till they are full.

Nobody in vodka or Blood Legion saw loot more than once per boss. You argued that they still exploited. Reconcile that statement with the above.
85 Tauren Druid
12/02/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Mistiya
The exploit was the passing/trade to give people with no loot rights loot.

No, that isn't the exploit. One exploit allows you to trade items from the same boss to the same person multiple times from what I've read allowing a raid to farm LFR as much as they want each week. Another exploit I've read allows the whole raid to loot each boss multiple times. I've not tested the exploits and I'm not going to, so maybe they are made up. But based on this evidence from Blizzard, I'm guessing they aren't made up. Obviously, not going to post the exploits here.

I have no idea which if any high end guilds used that exploit, only Blizzard would be the only one to know.

I don't consider running a mix of mains/alts multiple times each week an exploit, as the system allows that.
Edited by Treliss on 12/2/2011 12:43 PM PST
1 Night Elf Druid
If you are getting loot off of a boss twice then it is an exploit. This has always been the case in World of Warcraft, and we expect players to know better.

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix to fix the exploit, and are deciding what steps we'll be taking for the gear that was already obtained.

You mean, it's an exploit unless you're making money from it somehow. Lots of guilds faction changed to clear Firelands twice.
90 Troll Hunter
12/02/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Pollia
This isnt as overly blatant as what Paragon did, but it is still exploitation. Tryin to mask it as a creative use of game mechanics is just tryin to hide the fact that they cheated the system.

If you honestly believe what they did was/is an exploit, then you are beyond saving. Blood Legion, that is.
Edited by Naumu on 12/2/2011 12:39 PM PST
85 Orc Shaman

You would not be banned. You are being extremely obtuse and try to play the whole "99%" victim thing here. Let me say this one more time:

Vodka and BL rotate three NEW core members who have not seen LFR loot for the week and who are on different tier tokens. The rest of the raid is comprised of 22 alts. Once those three people have seen the bosses die, they hop on their alts and three NEW core people come in who have not seen loot for the week. The only people who get loot from these runs are the three people who have not seen loot drop for the week. This is NOT an exploit or a hack; it's smart.

The issue with what Vodka and BL did (if it is what they did) is that there isn't an easy way to fix the issue without screwin the system for people who are legitimately tryin to use the system how what it was intended to be use.

It's not exploitation. Every raider saw loot from the boss, and was able to loot from the boss, a total of one time per boss. It's completely within the rules.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]