LFR loot exploit is so bad. Free Tier for all

85 Tauren Shaman
12/02/2011 01:06 AMPosted by Whitworth

You can all but 1 take alts, give all gear to the one main raider. Then switch an alt in for a raider and repeat. So each raider gets the whole lockout to themselves.

I rarely care what other people do if it doesn't effect me in any way...

Good for them.

Or something.

Hmmm beer.

It's not about whether or not it affects anyone else, it's about selective enforcement of the rules. Their "celebrity" status shouldn't entitle them to break the rules that the rest of us have to follow. If it applies to one, it applies to all.

This isn't the first time they get VIP treatment in terms of exploits, cheats, or just actions that go against the "spirit" of the ToS. If this had been a bunch of people from a Joe-Average guild, they'd all probably be enjoying tasty bans right now.
85 Night Elf Druid
I just have 1 question.

I keep reading that "hard core guilds actually raid less than casual guilds".

Anyone care to comport that frequent statement with this?

It's the "if we do 20+ hours for 5 weeks we'll raid 2 hours for the rest of the content" argument

Let's say average 6 month content, ~26 weeks

20x5= 100, 2x21= 42, so a total of 142 hours raided

142/26 ~ 5 hours a week. Mileage obviously vary depending on how you define "casual" and how much more the "intense" schedule is.
85 Human Paladin
12/02/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Tewa

hardcore guilds do raid less...per total.

if Paragon raids 15 hours/day for 20 days and I raid 2 hours/day for 150 days and then both of us raid 3 hours/week, then we're even. problem is after 150 ays i'm not hm 8/8 yet so i'm still raiding 2 hours/day...while they dont raid more than 3 hours/week.

i used the 2 hours/day to average my schedule which is 13 hours/week.

but point is across the entire tier they accumulate 200-300 raidhours first month, and then next month 15-20 hours total. each of next months. meanwhile I raid 65 hours/month every month. so eventually my hours add up to much more than theirs.
100 Blood Elf Priest
How do you know when they got the token? Because the tracker tracks when they used the token, not when they got the token. So unless Blizz finds proof of them looting the boss multiple times, then there is no violation that was made.

Edit: I made a mistake. My achievement tracker was turned off so I did not see that they obtained boss loot after the achievement was earned.
Edited by Terroscus on 12/2/2011 1:48 AM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
I just have 1 question.

I wouldn't say hardcore guilds raid less. Top end guilds raid less. We put in more hours early on in a tier, but we also get said tier completed (which is more than a lot of guilds out there, even hardcore ones) much sooner than others. Then everything is on farm and it's just a matter of how fast we can clear. For the past few months our mains have only been raiding one night a week.

I differentiate top end with hardcore, because I know and have been in plenty of hardcore guilds who raid 4-5 days a week but do so an entire tier because they rarely finish the tier or only do so very close to the next patch.
90 Dwarf Warlock
Is every high end guild doing this?

Its really sad they would go to such lengths to cheat a system.
90 Worgen Warrior
12/02/2011 01:44 AMPosted by Tewa
I see. I thought they spend the second half of a tier gearing up all those alts, though? And getting legendaries for every caster, etc.

Runs beyond the first don't really take any longer than the first "main" run (we split mains up into multiple runs to spread loot better). Even when we're doing multiple full clears, it's still only a night and a half at most of raiding.
85 Human Paladin
well they do that because they like raiding...nobody's dragging them by a leash to join alt runs. we do alt runs too on offnights for those who want to but we dont put it on our advertisement post.

raiding-raiding and alt-runs are different things. :)
90 Worgen Warrior
12/02/2011 01:51 AMPosted by Robokapp
raiding-raiding and alt-runs are different things. :)

Yes/no. We have funsies alt runs and we have runs where alts are mandated to go to.
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard needs to take immediate action with this.

A. Fix the exploit.

B. 3 day ban (starting next reset) all guilds that participated in this exploit.

Blizzard used to hand out bans to guilds that exploited bosses and content to increase their progression. The best example of this would be 4 Towers Flame Leviathan.
16 Dwarf Hunter
Blizzard used to hand out bans to guilds that exploited bosses and content to increase their progression. The best example of this would be 4 Towers Flame Leviathan.

They also used to hand out bans for skipping trash.

Ahh Conquest, the good old days.
90 Dwarf Shaman
I just have 1 question.

They put in more time during progression, but once everything's on farm, one night clears are the norm while everyone else is still doing 2+ nights a week.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Sejta/feed

Working as intended!

Just wow :\
85 Dwarf Warrior
The amount of time put in for lesser gear is amusing.

some of the 4 pieces are nice, but the LFR set is a downgrade for some.
90 Human Paladin
I would love to do this since I need basically no gear except a damned trinket, and the chances of me winning that are, from experience and not real facts, astronomical. I already lost the LFR trinket once, and I was always doing the majority of the healing :(

However, I would rather not give Blizzard a reason to remove gear or ban me. Since so many people are doing it, there's no telling what discipline, if any, they'd actually do, but better safe than sorry. And I might as well be legit.
Edited by Janaire on 12/2/2011 4:30 AM PST
85 Tauren Druid
MIC
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1034351-Paragon-what-is-going-on

there are more info in the thread above.

Is Blizzard okay with this?
85 Dwarf Warrior
MMO champion forums, where a bunch of paranoid people make up ridiculous theories to make it seem like everyone is cheating.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]