LFR loot exploit is so bad. Free Tier for all

90 Dwarf Hunter
I really hope Blizzard act hard on all the guilds that exploited this. I understand top guilds HAVE to exploit too because it would mean the others would begin with a headstart. But ALL THESE GUILDS knew about this during the PTR! Which means they all had the opportunity to REPORT this exploit! No, instead, all these guilds kept silent and hope that they were the only one to use this exploit. This is cheating, simply, and they should all be banned for it. I understand Blizzard can't just ban all the top guilds in the world without having most of the community on their back because of it, but cheaters are cheaters. That everyone cheats doesn't make it okay.
85 Orc Warlock
12/02/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Novyun
This is one of the most blatant exploits I've ever seen by anyone trying to gain an edge. IMO a temp ban that doesn't lock them out of this week entirely as well as taking the gear away is too little. These are the smartest wow players in the world and somehow they didn't figure keeping themselves from getting locked to a boss loot in LFR wasn't wrong?

Blizzard can't seriously punish them. Permanent bans are for the 99% of the player base that aren't in World 100 progression guilds. The 1%ers out there are immune to any lasting punishment, and they know it.
85 Draenei Priest
Random question, since I haven't so much as stepped into a raid yet, LFR or otherwise...

What happens if you dont loot anything / pass on everything in LFR?

As I understand it, you're still locked out for a week on that boss. The lockout is based on the *chance* that you had to roll on loot.

Blizzard can't seriously punish them. Permanent bans are for the 99% of the player base that aren't in World 100 progression guilds. The 1%ers out there are immune to any lasting punishment, and they know it.

Of course they can. I don't expect a permanent ban but I wouldn't be surprised to see something that will delay progression for them. I'm also enough of a cynic that I wouldn't be surprised to see this swept under the rug either with a minor short suspension.

It depends on how angry Blizz is about it. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but Bashiok's bit about knowing better seems to suggest some real anger about it. We'll see.

But if they banned all of them, it wouldn't matter one little bit to the game in the long run. Different guilds would step up.
Edited by Moanaleesa on 12/2/2011 10:31 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
12/01/2011 10:38 PMPosted by Avermra
CLEARLY CREATIVE USE OF GAME MECHANICS

yup, as creative a use of mechanics as stacking druids for H-nef was

and as creative as saronite bombs on LK was.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'd take more than just the gear away - they should receive a significant ban/suspension from the game on their account(s). 3 hours, or 3 days sounds rather meaningless. 1-2 weeks, or longer would be more fitting, but that's just me, maybe. :P
90 Undead Warlock
I've only ran LFR once and obtained two pieces of T13 which I'm not wearing right now.

I won both rolls so I hope they aren't taken away...
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Wakoz/feed

He obtained the Rockhide Bracers and Siege of Wyrmrest 12 hours ago. Since then he recieved other pieces of 384 tier over a four hour span.

For those who have run LFR as a full guild, at most, it doesn't take long. I could see a guild like Paragon being able to clear it once every 20 minutes.

he looks half naked to me, maybe blizz ganked hsit stuff lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/02/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Uenjoymyself
This is one of the most blatant exploits I've ever seen by anyone trying to gain an edge. IMO a temp ban that doesn't lock them out of this week entirely as well as taking the gear away is too little. These are the smartest wow players in the world and somehow they didn't figure keeping themselves from getting locked to a boss loot in LFR wasn't wrong?

Name a guild in TBC, Wrath, or Cataclysm that has gotten permanently banned for exploiting... yeah, thought so.

I love blanket statements like that that are totally false but sound right until you actually spend 2 seconds thinking about it.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
The shameful thing is not as much the top guilds exploiting a loophole, as much as it is all the other thousands of people asking on various forums for details on hoe THEY can do it as well :-(

WTF Why race to gear up as fast as possible... you know they will only turn around in a few weeks and complain about the content being "EZ mode" and asking for more encounters.
85 Worgen Hunter
12/02/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Simca

Name a guild in TBC, Wrath, or Cataclysm that has gotten permanently banned for exploiting... yeah, thought so.

I love blanket statements like that that are totally false but sound right until you actually spend 2 seconds thinking about it.

welcome to the republican party
90 Worgen Warrior
Blizzard's actions had better be swift and harsh if they want to hang onto the shred of hope that people have in terms of whether they've just given up on progression raiding.

I can guarantee that the people who circumvented their rules knew in the back of their mind that what they were doing was wrong; let's see if Blizzard calls their bluff.
85 Tauren Warrior
Can you comment on the notion that if everyone passes, the loot becomes "up for grabs" ?

your first statement is a little qustionable, because the case of running same raid twice never existed before...so in a sense we're dealing with a case that wasn't "always the case".

Not even a close call. It could not have been more clear that we are not intended to loot the same boss twice.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are getting loot off of a boss twice then it is an exploit. This has always been the case in World of Warcraft, and we expect players to know better.

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix to fix the exploit, and are deciding what steps we'll be taking for the gear that was already obtained.

I'd like to see a clear and better defintion of "exploit". For example, if I queue LFR with a friend, he won a roll on an item that he later decides not so fabulous for him and wanted it to give it to me. It so happened that I also got something from the same boss in the same lockout. Will that be regarded as "an exploit"?

The reason I brought this up is, if you are queuing as a DPS in LFR this week, there is a very big chance to get into an "in progress" raid. I joined 3 raids yesterday just to kill all 4 bosses this week. I don't know how many raids it would be required to kill 8 bosses next week. It would really suck if I can't get a "gift" from a friend when I had to kill something over and over, only because I need to see the boss after it.
85 Orc Warlock
So let me get this straight, if I get reported for using a profanity in trade on four separate occasions in 6 months, my account is premanently closed.

In contract, if the top guilds in the world rack up what amounts to a year+ of gear from LFR runs in a day or two, and habitually exploit content in every tier or progression raiding, they get a few hour ban.

Yeah... 99%ers vs 1%ers. It's just like real life. Rob $500 from a gas station, get 20 years in jail. Rob $billions from scam investments and mortgage backed securities, no punishment.
Edited by Uenjoymyself on 12/2/2011 10:33 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Hunter
@Uenjoymyself: at the same time these guilds are the ones discovering and thus directly and indirectly displaying bugs, glitches and overall problems with the game.

while their gear doesn't affect you, the bugs that get fixed because of their actions affect everyone, you included.

If we're to keep it fair, it needs to be considered.

clarification: Not defending those guilds, just pointing out a detail.

The thing is I could be on board with you IF they found it,reported it, and didn't use it again. That isn't the case though they and a bunch of other guilds knew it was an exploit and just kept happily using it.
90 Orc Hunter
If you are getting loot off of a boss twice then it is an exploit. This has always been the case in World of Warcraft, and we expect players to know better.

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix to fix the exploit, and are deciding what steps we'll be taking for the gear that was already obtained.

Hoping for an asswooping not a wrist slapping.
85 Draenei Priest
I've only ran LFR once and obtained two pieces of T13 which I'm not wearing right now.

I won both rolls so I hope they aren't taken away...

If you won them off different bosses, you're fine.
90 Draenei Shaman
A 72 hour suspension wouldn't accomplish anything. They'd be right back into the heroic races as soon as next week starts.

A good punishment would be to flag each account and send each abuser a message that if they are ever found willfully participating in exploitation of the game permanent action will be taken against their account.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]