Elemental or Enhancement dps in 4.3

85 Troll Shaman
Which dps spec, in your opinion, is better and if you are/have a shaman which is generally more fun. Thank you for your comments. As a note my other 85 is an 85 prot/tg warrior.
Edited by Drhealgôôd on 12/3/2011 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Your name means you have to be Restoration.

Sorry.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I am resto, im asking for an os
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i find enh to be more fun over ele
Reply Quote
I find enh more fun because of the (somewhat) harder rotation. Elemental is more fun than it used to be but it's still kind of repetitive. (Although there is something immensely satisfying about a hard-hitting lava burst proc)

Ultimately, just choose what sounds more appealing to you, 'fun' is too subjective.
Edited by Kazitan on 12/3/2011 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
If you play it rarely, Ele is convenient as you don't need to re-gear for questing or casual pvp.
I didn't like ele much before 4.2, and still prefer enh. It's more fun and dynamic. That said, ele isn't bad now, especially if you have the 4pc T12 bonus and glyph LB on the move, it becomes quite fun.

Who would have said, ele as a mobility class (literally half the occurrences of ONE spell is a stadnstill harcast) :)
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Well since last patch i think enh is slightly above ele in dps atm without staff. But i would go os ele if ur ms is resto simply because u can share a lot of gear. All the stats resto wants ele also wants.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Both are fun, Enhance has a more active rotation, but Elemental sees lots of huge numbers and can Chain Lightning spam which is really fun.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
Ele for me. Love the sound of lava burst crit.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I've never liked ele compared to enh. I've done ele a bit on a few different occasions and the last time I tried it I went back to enh in less than 2 hours even though ele was the better spec. I just find enh more fun overall.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Haha not somewhat! Just harder, if you want to rank rotations enhancement is definitely one of the hardest.

Anyways, go enhancement; I love it =]
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Never could get Enhancement right. I'd recommend Elemental. I prefer to spend more time looking out for fight mechanics than my rotation. Sharing the same gear is a big plus too.

But most of all... CHAIN LIGHTNING SPAM!!!!!CAPSLOCK
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
what will raiders look for more?
Edited by Supermigue on 12/4/2011 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Elemental, especially if MS is Resto.
Edited by Crulk on 12/5/2011 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey what is a good os to enhance ms?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
im elemental Os to enhance MS and i love it i its great to be able to switch from ranged to mele depending on the fight, Enhancment seems more fun for single target bosses and such, but chainlightning spam from ele on trash is pure win, so mehh there both fun, its just weither you prefer a mele dps or a ranged dps
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hmmm, i think i need to reread the guide and probably tweak my own gameplay. I thought ele was further behind enhance.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Enhance is way more fun, imo. Harder rotation to play with, you get to be up in the middle of things, and it just overall feels like more interesting gameplay, compared to standing back and watching things while doing a relatively easy rotation.

The change to enhance AE has given us a very good AE, providing things stay alive for atleast 5 seconds. Doing Madness with 4 or 5 boomkin exploding bloods instantly with shrooms is one of the exceptions, while Yor'sahj heroic and the sustained fire nova AE is ridiculous damage.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I have always loved enhancement and how it plays, it's just so much fun to do in either pve or pvp. BUT.....there is just something about spamming the everliving hell out of Chain lightning that just seems....addictive...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
In your case an elemental os would be best for you, just less of a hassle with gear unless you really want to play enhance. I enjoy enhance more on single target but massive chain lightning spam is great :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]