Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

Community Manager
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.
Edited by Bashiok on 12/6/2011 10:12 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome. Cheaters should always get what they deserve. They won't quit because of it, they are too invested. You guys did the right thing.
85 Human Priest
Certainly better than letting something of this magnitude slide, naturally. ^_^
Edited by Jessifer on 12/6/2011 10:05 AM PST
90 Undead Priest
They're supposed to be the pinnacle of Warcrafting excellence, they are an example and baseline for many raiders to judge their own performance.

Ban them, permanently.
90 Dwarf Paladin
woot good job guys
I dig it.

Goes to show loot is more important than integrity for some.
90 Human Warrior
I understand the initial fail was on the developer end but that doesn't change the fact that people cheated to gain an advantage for the first week of heroic progression. Using exploits is clearly documented in the terms.

What they did was wrong and they knew it was wrong when they did it.

Blizzard did the right thing here.

Well done.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Yet if my guild did this, we would be permabanned.
85 Dwarf Shaman
12/06/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.
Woot! Grats Blizz <3 x
85 Human Paladin
I pledge allegiance to the swag
90 Orc Warrior
Good, good... I'm proud of you, Blizzard-Activision. Eight days is the word for some people, and that seems appropriate to me. If you could put your foot down in a similar fashion for those who idle in battlegrounds specifically to freeload honor/conquest at the expense of an increased risk of making their team lose, I'd imagine you would make a lot of customers happy.

I know, you like to say you monitor and take the appropriate actions, but it is such a frequent occurence that I (and many others) feel more should be done about the issue, especially now with the potential to cap at 1,650 conquest/week doing unrated battlegrounds.

Perhaps more publicized executions such as these would serve to discourage such distasteful activities.
Edited by Deus on 12/6/2011 10:27 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Glad to hear it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm rather enjoying the self-justifying whining coming from those that banned. Ahhhh, schadenfreude.
90 Orc Hunter
http://i.imgur.com/oYmnz.png
GOOD! Totally deserved and I hope they learn from their stupidity.
83 Goblin Shaman
Paragon are the Lindsay Lohans of WoW. They're never going to stop breaking the rules, and the people in charge are never going to get angry enough to crack down.

Ban them permanently or I call "no balls."
Edited by Rockroll on 12/6/2011 10:27 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yay.
90 Goblin Rogue
These are probably the same people who complained the game was too easy. Games too easy we have to cheat to get 378 gear. get crapped on nerds. Ban them all.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]