Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

85 Goblin Shaman
12/06/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Adam
I pledge allegiance to the swag

^ Perfect comment. Probably the best comment ever left on these fora.
90 Draenei Death Knight
I am not sure if the punishment is fitting of the crime in this instance. This was not just 1 guild exploiting this loophole, this was basically every top guild in the world. To not do the same thing your competitors are doing would have been foolish because there was a very good chance Blizzard would not have taken such a hardline stance on this issue.

I disagree. It was foolish of them to cheat, especially when they didn't even need to do it. They could have easily gotten the gear they needed by normal means with no exploits, but they were greedy. Now they pay the price for their greed.
100 Tauren Druid
Hit 'em where it hurts and hold them back a day
85 Troll Hunter
12/06/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Munhihausen
Ban them, permanently.

if you could go ahead and never post on these forums again that'd be great
55 Human Death Knight
8 days might not seem like enough for some people, but the thing to remember here is that the most important part of an 8-day ban is that it puts them over a week behind in their raiding schedule, and denies them the opportunity to get any of the coveted World-Firsts. For the kind of players/guilds that did this, that is where they get exposure for their sponsors and what not. That is where the real slap on the wrist is here; this decision goes beyond the fact that they've simply been banned for 8 days.

Cheers Blizzard. Cheaters get what they deserve.
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm very happy to see that this went live upon raid reset. Good job Blizz :)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 10:24 AMPosted by Conjor
http://i.imgur.com/oYmnz.png

^^^ Epic xD
44 Human Rogue
12/06/2011 10:39 AMPosted by Skink
I pledge allegiance to the swag

^ Perfect comment. Probably the best comment ever left on these fora.

^ What that guy said.
100 Tauren Druid
12/06/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Rarespawn
Haters gonna hate

hi I'm a hater *gasp*
Edited by Yzzami on 12/6/2011 10:46 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Good.
64 Blood Elf Hunter
I am not sure if the punishment is fitting of the crime in this instance. This was not just 1 guild exploiting this loophole, this was basically every top guild in the world. To not do the same thing your competitors are doing would have been foolish because there was a very good chance Blizzard would not have taken such a hardline stance on this issue.

While I feel that deliberately cheating a game mechanic is bad, and deserves to be punished, taking away an entire week of progression from the worlds best guilds devalues it for everyone... someone like me who will be ranking much higher than I probably would be otherwise.

Seeing as how these "top guilds" found this exploit on the PTR, they could have reported the bug and NONE of the guilds could have used the exploit.

What I'm saying is.. using the excuse "all the other guilds were doing it, we had to also to compete" is a lie. Reporting the bug would have put them on the same playing lvl as the rest of us, they didn't feel confident in themselves.

93 Gnome Warlock
12/06/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

I want to +like blue posts :(
85 Dwarf Mage
12/06/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Bodasafa
I understand the initial fail was on the developer

Well inherently any bug,exploit or else falls on the dev. It is up to the player to inform Blizz of any such thing and help them fix it.

You find a wallet with 1k $ in it and a drivers license...what do you do ? Yea...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Drìck
@Rockroll I seriously doubt Paragon would be exploiting LFR to obtain gear LOWER than the gear they've already obtained. just sayin.

The larger number of sockets, better socket bonuses, and awesome four-piece bonuses make raid finder tier gear better than Firelands heroic gear for many specs.
93 Gnome Warlock
12/06/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Rarespawn
Haters gonna hate

I have no problem with hating on cheaters and exploit abusers who think they're above the rules just because they're part of the progression race or "e-famous".
100 Draenei Paladin
12/06/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

Totally behind you on this one. ^5
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]