Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

90 Undead Priest
Thankyou Blizzard.
90 Human Warrior
Good job. Thank you for taking a firm stance.
90 Draenei Priest
When somebody finds an exploit in a piece of software it is only courteous to bring it to the attention of the developers. Utilizing an exploit instead of reporting it is like slapping the devs right in the face. In my experience Blizzard has always provided appropriate punishment for offenses like this, but an 8 day ban is a bit too soft in my opinion. Anyone who utilized this exploit should be suspended for at least a month, or lock their accounts until one of the honest guilds out there clears Dragon Soul on Heroic.

In short, disqualify them from the race for cheating.
90 Gnome Mage
Pwned --- I say Ban them for a month..LAWL
45 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Haters gonna hate

I have no problem with hating on cheaters and exploit abusers who think they're above the rules just because they're part of the progression race or "e-famous".

Tah dah. Exactly this

I see no reason for others to stick up for that behavior.
85 Orc Death Knight
Permaban.

Glad Blizz has given them a relatively harsh punishment (8 days to these guys is huge at this point in progression) but their actions deserve more. It was clear to all players involved that they were cheating. You can't explain to your guildies how to use the exploit without them understanding its a cheat. Everyone involved deserves CD-Key bans.
90 Undead Warlock
I'd have made it a two-week ban to ensure that they had no chance at the World First race. Other than that, I'd have to say that this is about all anyone could expect from Blizzard.

Well done.
85 Tauren Paladin
To sum up what actions to take, I created this nice piece of loot that should be applied to all players.

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/398250/Crown_of_Exploitation.html
90 Draenei Shaman
Okay, sigh, I didn't even know there was an exploit going on like this till I read this post and another. I ran my first raid last night, not even realizing that you shouldn't be able to roll on a piece of gear after you've already won one. Not only did I win Mindstrainer Treads, but I also got my first piece of raid finder Tier. So I picked up my Spiritwalker's Mantle as well.

I'm not sure if this is exploiting it or not, but I apologize if it is. I just wanted to find out if I was geared enough to heal the LFR Siege of Wyrmrest Temple or not. Also, take the gear away if it is because I always have the chance of getting it again later. But I don't want to the gear if it was at the suspense of another player.

Either way, I just thought I should say something because I honestly had no idea about this. Hope you have a great day.
55 Worgen Death Knight
When somebody finds an exploit in a piece of software it is only courteous to bring it to the attention of the developers. Utilizing an exploit instead of reporting it is like slapping the devs right in the face. In my experience Blizzard has always provided appropriate punishment for offenses like this, but an 8 day ban is a bit too soft in my opinion. Anyone who utilized this exploit should be suspended for at least a month, or lock their accounts until one of the honest guilds out there clears Dragon Soul on Heroic.

In short, disqualify them from the race for cheating.

You are just showingthat you dont actually care about what they did but the fact that because they are a high profile guild is the reason you want them to be punished.

If they are to get banned it should be a set time period, be it 72 hour or permaban. Pick what you like but if you really cared about them doing it you would set a certain time. To say they should be banned until someone else gets a world first is just showing your selfishness.

Let me ask you this. If a guild cleared 8/8H in 4 hours in the US would you then be ok with them allowing these guilds to be reinstated even before they can actually get online? So in all actuallity they did not recieve a ban at all? Would that be enough justice for you to be happy with?
7 Human Warlock
Okay, sigh, I didn't even know there was an exploit going on like this till I read this post and another. I ran my first raid last night, not even realizing that you shouldn't be able to roll on a piece of gear after you've already won one. Not only did I win Mindstrainer Treads, but I also got my first piece of raid finder Tier. So I picked up my Spiritwalker's Mantle as well.

I'm not sure if this is exploiting it or not, but I apologize if it is. I just wanted to find out if I was geared enough to heal the LFR Siege of Wyrmrest Temple or not. Also, take the gear away if it is because I always have the chance of getting it again later. But I don't want to the gear if it was at the suspense of another player.

Either way, I just thought I should say something because I honestly had no idea about this. Hope you have a great day.

i think you're allowed multiple pieces per raid. blue post was addressing raid lock, not the 1 loot per

edit: at least, have seen a lot of ppl in 384"s"
Edited by Yrthrdwrflok on 12/6/2011 11:25 AM PST
27 Undead Warlock
12/06/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Maloris
So at what point did Blizzards stance change on bans and suspensions being a private matter? I report someone I'm told I can't know what happened or if anything happened because it's private. Yet here a community leader publicly announces suspensions of 1000's of players?

Likely because it was so widespread and blatant. Most of the forums goers thought nothing at all would be done.

Also they didn't say what each person/guild got.

Lastly, it's their house, their rules like the tou says they have discretion.
90 Undead Warlock
I am glad to see some action on this. Especially the returning of loot part.

I hope in the future Blizzard is a little more careful about who and what goes in the the Beta's. I think that the guilds who did this should be banned from future Beta's. The temporary suspension is a slap on the wrist.

To be fair, a number of high-end guilds found this bug and reported as they should have. Blizzard had knowledge of the glitch but didn't move to fix it until after it was being widely exploited on live servers.

That doesn't condone the blatant cheating, but I'm pretty sure that at least 'some' of the high-end guilds use the PTR as it was meant to be used.
90 Pandaren Hunter
While I applaud Blizzard for taking action, rules are rules. The individuals who exploited a bug in the game should be banned permanently. You agree when playing not to use an exploit to gain an advantage. This is just a slap on the hand.
90 Gnome Warrior
I personally find it sad that the policy is what you 'should' have done. You released the code to live. It has already been made public that the exploit had been reported during PTR. If that's true (again, *if*), then it was a choice to not fix it.

Banning people for using something you chose not to fix and later saying they 'should' have known not to do it is reprehensible.

Just my 2 cents.

Do you have a source for the claim that this exploit was made public while on the PTR?
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm sure to higher end raiding guilds that used the exploit to get a head start on heroic modes this week, an 8 day wait is extremely severe. It matters to them who gets the top spots, and they are out of the running for the acceptable ranks in their own opinions. I defiantly think they got a well deserved punishment.
85 Orc Warrior
I keep seeing people say that the ban on the top guilds is unfair because since all the tops guilds were doing it too and they have to keep up with the competition. The problem on that is that I've seen more than one top guild who still got the best gear they could without exploiting anything. Have you seen Blood Legion's planning for this first week of DS? They organized it all and got their loot fair and square. And they were not the only top guild who got prepared without exploiting, thus making the whole " I have to keep up!" argument moot. How did those guilds manage before LFR anyway?

And BTW, since we're not supposed to point fingers, I would like to congratulate that certain top guild that got caught exploiting and decided to take it as men, apologized and said "let the banhammer hit", instead of whining and make up excuses.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]