Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

A fitting punishment for people with a lack of integrity (mostly the guilds who are using every excuse in the book to justify their actions).
Edited by Mivanda on 12/6/2011 11:33 AM PST
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Okay, sigh, I didn't even know there was an exploit going on like this till I read this post and another. I ran my first raid last night, not even realizing that you shouldn't be able to roll on a piece of gear after you've already won one. Not only did I win Mindstrainer Treads, but I also got my first piece of raid finder Tier. So I picked up my Spiritwalker's Mantle as well.

I'm not sure if this is exploiting it or not, but I apologize if it is. I just wanted to find out if I was geared enough to heal the LFR Siege of Wyrmrest Temple or not. Also, take the gear away if it is because I always have the chance of getting it again later. But I don't want to the gear if it was at the suspense of another player.

Either way, I just thought I should say something because I honestly had no idea about this. Hope you have a great day.

You can roll on loot multiple times during that week's raid. You're not limited to a single piece per week from the raid finder. This is a different situation wherein people were abusing the raid lock system and running the raid multiple times on the same characters for multiple shots at loot.

So for example, it's perfectly fine to go into your LFR and roll for stuff off boss 1, win one, then roll for more stuff on boss 2, etc.

You're fine.

ETA:Fixed some confusing wording.
Edited by Alona on 12/6/2011 11:27 AM PST
85 Worgen Druid
Unfortunately, after reading through this, I get the impression that most of the top say 100 guilds regularly cheat, and unless and until there is major publicity about it, they get away with it.
90 Undead Warlock
Okay, sigh, I didn't even know there was an exploit going on like this till I read this post and another. I ran my first raid last night, not even realizing that you shouldn't be able to roll on a piece of gear after you've already won one. Not only did I win Mindstrainer Treads, but I also got my first piece of raid finder Tier. So I picked up my Spiritwalker's Mantle as well.

I'm not sure if this is exploiting it or not, but I apologize if it is. I just wanted to find out if I was geared enough to heal the LFR Siege of Wyrmrest Temple or not. Also, take the gear away if it is because I always have the chance of getting it again later. But I don't want to the gear if it was at the suspense of another player.

Either way, I just thought I should say something because I honestly had no idea about this. Hope you have a great day.

You're allowed to roll on loot from each boss once per week. If you killed Mochok twice and rolled on loot both times he died, then you exploited somehow.

If you rolled on separate pieces of loot from the same boss, that's legit.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Blizzard actually taking action? This is a miracle.

Man I ask for a simple quest mistake swap and they can't even handle that so what makes you guys think they are going to go through 1 thousand pants and remove them from those guys pockets.

That's all I can say.
Edited by Chiyou on 12/6/2011 11:30 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
You can roll on loot multiple times during that week's raid. You're not limited to a single piece per week from the raid finder. This is a different situation wherein people were abusing the raid lock system and running the raid multiple times on the same characters for multiple shots at loot.

So for example, it's perfectly fine to go into your LFR and roll for stuff off boss 1, win one, then roll for more stuff on boss 2, etc.

You're fine.

Ahhh okay. I thought it was only one loot per the raid. I didn't realize that it was just loot for that lockout period. Thanks for clarifying that!
4 Worgen Priest
12/06/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

Question . . . if the loot is to be removed, and the players temporarily suspended . . . why are there still "active" players with 4pc LFR T13 sets? I had assumed that accounts were suspended so as to give Blizzard time to remove them but I still see otherwise unless am reading things wrong . . .

example: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Wakoz/feed

15 Night Elf Druid
It's interesting to see who really supports cheating and who has some shred of integrity. Certainly a very interesting thread.

The major point that is being missed is that they knew it was an exploit and did it anyways hoping they wouldn't get caught. They bet and lost.
Just because you CAN do something...doesn't mean you should.
85 Blood Elf Priest

love the integrity haha but that isn't what they were referring to. Your only supposed to get a chance at rolling on the boss' loot once per lock out. They discovered if everyone passes on an item, that anyone can pick it up, regardless of if they had received loot or not in previous runs. Its like if you could run a raid on repeat and loot as much as you wanted.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock

You're fine.

Ahhh okay. I thought it was only one loot per the raid. I didn't realize that it was just loot for that lockout period. Thanks for clarifying that!

Naaah, if you win a lot you're just lucky. Enjoy your gear. :3
90 Worgen Druid
I love how everyone chimes in and bashes Paragon like they themselves were patron saints who never did anything bad in their life.

I guess that's what people do when they know they never had a chance at being a top world guild in the first place. I guess that's the thing to do now.

I guess now I should laugh at baseball athletes who have been caught using steroids and laugh at them to make myself feel better that I never even got to play Major League Baseball, besides never got a homerun record.

Some people....
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I know, tell me about it. I see guys in full gear already by the hundreds on my server still rocking the boat.
Edited by Chiyou on 12/6/2011 11:33 AM PST
85 Orc Death Knight
I personally find it sad that the policy is what you 'should' have done. You released the code to live. It has already been made public that the exploit had been reported during PTR. If that's true (again, *if*), then it was a choice to not fix it.

Banning people for using something you chose not to fix and later saying they 'should' have known not to do it is reprehensible.

Just my 2 cents.

Do you have a source for the claim that this exploit was made public while on the PTR?

There was much discussion about how these top end guild specifically DID NOT report the LFR bug. They were well aware of the issue, did not report it, and yet went to live servers ready to exploit.
85 Orc Warrior

Come here, you deserve a hug for being so sweet even when there are people around you saying how cheating is ok if you don't get caught. You're fine, come here.

/hug
85 Orc Death Knight
I love how everyone chimes in and bashes Paragon like they themselves were patron saints who never did anything bad in their life.

I guess that's what people do when they know they never had a chance at being a top world guild in the first place. I guess that's the thing to do now.

I guess now I should laugh at baseball athletes who have been caught using steroids and laugh at them to make myself feel better that I never even got to play Major League Baseball, besides never got a homerun record.

Some people....

If you think the only way to do well at something (WoW, Sports, etc) is to cheat.. Well, I feel very bad for you.
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/06/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Jinjuriken
[quote="36568645987"]Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

Question . . . if the loot is to be removed, and the players temporarily suspended . . . why are there still "active" players with 4pc LFR T13 sets? I had assumed that accounts were suspended so as to give Blizzard time to remove them but I still see otherwise unless am reading things wrong . . .

The exploit was only in LFR, not regular DS. 3 of his pieces are 397, only 1 is 384 from LFR. His guild just gave him all the loots!
85 Orc Shaman

You can roll for more than one item per raid.

That wasn't the explout, the exploit is not something you do by chance.

the exploit required specific, not commonly done actions that would enable you to loot a boss even when you had killed that same boss in LFR several times before that same week.

That means, you go in a LFR group, kill the 4 bosses and get out. Nothing you did there was an exploit.

Then you join LFR AGAIN, with 24 buddies. Following some steps (that i wont say), you are able to loot AGAIN.

This bug was fixed, but before being fixed several prople exploited it.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

Nicely done.

I remember years ago, when I first started raiding in Kara, I noticed that the aoe bombs in Prince were circular, and if you stood against the wall, you could avoid the drops by standing in the gaps between the circles. I mentioned this, and was soundly trounced. "It was an exploit," I was told, "and no real raider would use an exploit."

My naivete was forgiven, but I never forgot that.

90 Gnome Warrior

Players legitimately obtained 4pc T13 LFR sets in a couple of different ways. The first, and easiest, was when a whole guild queued together for LFR and systematically passed on gear to allow, for example, their Main Tank to get 4pc.

The second, and more difficult way, was to have guilds with multiple alt runs where the alts were already saved to LFR for the week but a select few mains who were not saved to LFR for the week were brought into receive the bulk of the loot that dropped.

Both of these strategies were totally fine. The exploiters used shady tactics to received multiple pieces of loot on the same character from LFR from the same lockout, which is different then strategically steering all of the LFR gear that drops in a planned run to a handful of individuals.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]