Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

64 Blood Elf Hunter
I love how everyone chimes in and bashes Paragon like they themselves were patron saints who never did anything bad in their life.

I guess that's what people do when they know they never had a chance at being a top world guild in the first place. I guess that's the thing to do now.

I guess now I should laugh at baseball athletes who have been caught using steroids and laugh at them to make myself feel better that I never even got to play Major League Baseball, besides never got a homerun record.

Some people....

huh?

I guess we all have a much better chance if we aren't going up against cheaters.
82 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Takaiana
Awesome. Cheaters should always get what they deserve. They won't quit because of it, they are too invested. You guys did the right thing.

Cheating implies wrongdoing or malicious intent by rigging a system in some way.

The system itself was broken, they just capitalized on the faulty aspect of the system.

I say remove the gear, issue account warnings that a repeat offense will result in a permanent ban, and let that be it.
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Jinjuriken
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

Question . . . if the loot is to be removed, and the players temporarily suspended . . . why are there still "active" players with 4pc LFR T13 sets? I had assumed that accounts were suspended so as to give Blizzard time to remove them but I still see otherwise unless am reading things wrong . . .

I have a activity feed on one player with over 10 items of lvl 384 gear amd five items of lvl 397 gear along with two achievements of "FALL OF DEATHWING" AND DESTROYERS END" I would like to know if those are going to be removed also? What good is taking back the lvl 384 gear when they already used it to advance to the next tier?
Edited by Mâximus on 12/6/2011 11:39 AM PST
85 Orc Warrior
I love how everyone chimes in and bashes Paragon like they themselves were patron saints who never did anything bad in their life.

I guess that's what people do when they know they never had a chance at being a top world guild in the first place. I guess that's the thing to do now.

I guess now I should laugh at baseball athletes who have been caught using steroids and laugh at them to make myself feel better that I never even got to play Major League Baseball, besides never got a homerun record.

Some people....

Have you ever wondered why it's a "bannable" offense be it in online games, real life sports or anything like that? Hacking, exploiting, steroids, you name it. Those things give an unfair advantage over people who are playing by the rules. If they didn't affect the way you play, there wouldn't be rules about them, or everyone should be using them so it's still a question of skill. Now please explain to me, are there different levels of cheating? Should some ways of cheating be punished while we just look away from others? And advantage is an advantage and all people who say those who take advantage of others are "smart" make this world a very sad place.
15 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Rathadin
Awesome. Cheaters should always get what they deserve. They won't quit because of it, they are too invested. You guys did the right thing.

Cheating implies wrongdoing or malicious intent by rigging a system in some way.

The system itself was broken, they just capitalized on the faulty aspect of the system.

I say remove the gear, issue account warnings that a repeat offense will result in a permanent ban, and let that be it.

"Oh no dear..I didn't cheat on you. I clearly asked you when you were sleeping if it was ok to date other women. I just capitalized on the situation."
90 Undead Warlock
When professional athletes get caught juicing, they get scorned and ridiculed and mocked relentlessly.

Because we expect integrity from them as well as success.

When a reporter gets busted for plagiarism, they also get the scorn and shame treatment because public shaming is a great way to show them, and others, the consequences of their actions.

If you cheat, expect to be scorned and shamed and mocked. If you succeed, great! If you fail, that sucks, but you're still not a bad person.

If you cheat, you're a loser who diminishes the rest of those around you by your actions.

Even if one of the temporarily banned guilds comes back and wins the World First race, they're going to be remembered as cheaters. Talk about a lose/lose scenario.
90 Gnome Warrior

I think most people would look at the behavior of those who exploited the LFR lockout as wrongdoing and/or malicious intent. Do you think they stumbled on the exploit accidentally and then proceeded to all queue up as a group multiple times and accidentally commit the same exploit? Don't be naive - this was planned and intentional on the part of the majority who took part in it.

How would you define "malicious intent" if not the planned and repeated abuse of a known exploit mechanic for personal and guild gain against the well-known standard rules of play?
85 Tauren Druid
Blizzard, my guild and I give you props for the quick and firm action. It sends the right message.

I had assumed the likes of Paragon were "too big to fail". Happy to be proven wrong.
55 Worgen Death Knight
12/06/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Jinjuriken
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period. The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.

Question . . . if the loot is to be removed, and the players temporarily suspended . . . why are there still "active" players with 4pc LFR T13 sets? I had assumed that accounts were suspended so as to give Blizzard time to remove them but I still see otherwise unless am reading things wrong . . .

The intent on blizzards was that you could only get loot from a boss one time. There is a way to do it legally and a way to do it illegally in the way of blizzard. The question should be if the intent of blizzard was to only have people get loot one time per boss why is one way acceptable and one way not. Both ways are manipulating the system to get the same exact results.
100 Human Death Knight
TY
90 Night Elf Druid
Nice to see something done!

I was hoping they'd not only have the extra loot stripped, but also any achieves (expecially world/realm firsts of any king) that were received while the additional loot was being used also stripped.

Oh, well...they got at least part of what they deserved.
96 Human Paladin
All the exploiters should have gotten permabanned.

The employees at Blizzard who came to the 8 day suspension decision are stupid cowards.

Anyone defending either of these groups is stupid as well.
12/06/2011 10:40 AMPosted by Sniggins
Ban them, permanently.

if you could go ahead and never post on these forums again that'd be great

why because his opinion is different than yours? i think a permaban would be harsh, but 8 days is slightly more than a slap on the wrist
85 Dwarf Warrior
it's a good thing.
55 Worgen Death Knight
Nice to see something done!

I was hoping they'd not only have the extra loot stripped, but also any achieves (expecially world/realm firsts of any king) that were received while the additional loot was being used also stripped.

Oh, well...they got at least part of what they deserved.

No world first were received during this time.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]