Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

12/06/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Rathadin
Awesome. Cheaters should always get what they deserve. They won't quit because of it, they are too invested. You guys did the right thing.

Cheating implies wrongdoing or malicious intent by rigging a system in some way.

The system itself was broken, they just capitalized on the faulty aspect of the system.

I say remove the gear, issue account warnings that a repeat offense will result in a permanent ban, and let that be it.

so if someone enters anothers home because the door was unlocked..its not a crime? basicly what you just said...rules are rules..you live by them even when someone isn't looking..its called integrity
85 Draenei Paladin
Glad they did this. Cheating is wrong no matter who does it. High end guilds shouldn't be exempt from the rules just because they are good or w/e. Although I personally think 8 days isnt long enough, Im glad they got what they deserved for abusing the rules!
1 Human Warrior
Doing something like this has long been known as exploiting. Back in BC, my raid downed Magtheridon pretty early on and we noticed a couple unusual things after he died, including that no one was saved to that raid ID. As raid lead, I told no one should come back for extra loot that week on that boss and reported it to Blizz.

Although no one in our raid group knew what we did that triggered this, Blizz informed us they fixed the potential exploit and thanked us for not exploiting the boss for an additional kill that week.

Stuff like this shouldn't have to be explained that it is wrong.
85 Worgen Druid
Good job blizz! Top raiders are suppose to be role models for other wow players!
43 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Deus
Good, good... I'm proud of you, Blizzard-Activision. Eight days is the word for some people, and that seems appropriate to me. If you could put your foot down in a similar fashion for those who idle in battlegrounds specifically to freeload honor/conquest at the expense of an increased risk of making their team lose, I'd imagine you would make a lot of customers happy.

Except it wasn't eight days for everyone. Some people received eight days yet others only received three day bans for some reason. I'm not sure how they determined who got what but it wasn't a uniform suspension for everyone. At least that's that I'm reading on the MMO Champ forums from some people who claim to have been suspended.
90 Undead Priest

Do you have a source for the claim that this exploit was made public while on the PTR?

There was much discussion about how these top end guild specifically DID NOT report the LFR bug. They were well aware of the issue, did not report it, and yet went to live servers ready to exploit.

The GM for a top end guild was very vocal last week on this specific topic saying their strategy for LFR runs. In his posts, he mentions that his guild knew about the exploit on PTR and had reported it.

In short, careful stacking of a LFR so that a Tank Warrior (main) is the only one rolling on tank loot and tokens, plus a Rogue, plus a clothie, etc *and* a bunch of alts (who know in advance that they won't be rolling) is not considered exploiting it. That's how they did it and he was candid about knowing the exploit existed and having reported it on PTR.

He posted links to spreadsheets that laid out their runs and who would be rolling and who were the alts, per run.
Edited by Angoth on 12/6/2011 12:08 PM PST
Those calling for a lifetime ban - that's a little too extreme. Instead, go after why they would do it in the first place. What I would like to see:

A) The gear from anyone who used the exploit(s) stripped (already happened, good).

B) Banning of those people for no fewer than 2 raiding cycles. Give them enough time away to really think about what they had done in relation to having tried something like it in the real world.

C) No one who received loot (on the entire account, not just the toon) is eligible for world firsts for this patch.

D) Auto- 30+ day ban for any exploiting in the future.

See, there's an advantage to playing legitimately than not.
85 Tauren Priest
Only thing I can do is /clap

90 Dwarf Shaman
You shoulda banned them for several weeks, not days IMO. At least you have the balls to strip them of their items too. *slow clap*
55 Worgen Death Knight
12/06/2011 11:59 AMPosted by Shivvypoo
Glad they did this. Cheating is wrong no matter who does it. High end guilds shouldn't be exempt from the rules just because they are good or w/e. Although I personally think 8 days isnt long enough, Im glad they got what they deserved for abusing the rules!

Cheating implies that you are getting an unfair advantage. Doing what they did, did not give them an unfair adavantage over anyone else.

As a RL example.

You set your cruise control to 60 and go 600 miles through 6 states with some being a 55 speed limit and some being a 65 speed limit state. Another person goes 55 in the states with a 55 limit and 65 in the states with a 65 limit. They both arive at thier destinations at the same time.

Yes the person going 60 was speeding in some states but overall does it really make a difference. A cheater again gains an unfair advantage over everyone else. This was not the case.
85 Human Paladin
Those calling for a lifetime ban - that's a little too extreme. Instead, go after why they would do it in the first place. What I would like to see:

A) The gear from anyone who used the exploit(s) stripped (already happened, good).

B) Banning of those people for no fewer than 2 raiding cycles. Give them enough time away to really think about what they had done in relation to having tried something like it in the real world.

C) No one who received loot (on the entire account, not just the toon) is eligible for world firsts for this patch.

D) Auto- 30+ day ban for any exploiting in the future.

In regards to your last one, if I read blizzard policies correct, if ANY TOON that has had a 3 or 8 day suspension gets caught again in any cheating, there account is CLOSED. There is no second chance.
81 Troll Priest
idc servers up plz
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Worenhard

Cheating implies that you are getting an unfair advantage. Doing what they did, did not give them an unfair adavantage over anyone else.

As a RL example.

You set your cruise control to 60 and go 600 miles through 6 states with some being a 55 speed limit and some being a 65 speed limit state. Another person goes 55 in the states with a 55 limit and 65 in the states with a 65 limit. They both arive at thier destinations at the same time.

Yes the person going 60 was speeding in some states but overall does it really make a difference. A cheater again gains an unfair advantage over everyone else. This was not the case.

Your example is BS.

Getting gear faster than anyone else isn't unfair?!?!?! Ok then, let's rob a bank and get a lot of $$, it isn't unfair too right? Other people can get the same amount i robbed if they work hard enough;
85 Night Elf Druid
http://i.imgur.com/oYmnz.png

this had me laughing so hard for like 15 min ....kudos to whoever made it XD
90 Gnome Warrior

As a RL example.

How can you not consider getting more than one piece of loot from the same LFR lockout an unfair advantage? As has been mentioned, the 4pc T13 LFR gear is superior for some specs and classes to Heroic Firelands gear. If they had been running the instance multiple times for practice or fun or strategy without getting extra gear then your analogy would hold up. Because they got more gear than those who played by the rules it's not an apt comparison.
85 Orc Shaman

As a RL example.

They did have an unfair advantage, the legiti way to get the 4 set bonus is RNG dependant, the illegal one is not.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]