⌂x The Velocity Weekly ⌂t

100 Orc Warrior
Why? Because I was sitting here thinking of how our week went
and wondering what was happening in the other guilds.
Most people will probably not find this an interesting read,
but I know there are other people like myself that consider SH their ''home''
that would love to know what was going on. I hope others write their own.

Feel free to troll me now.

12/8/11 Interesting first week of heroic DS. On Tuesday Morchok bugged and despawned the entire instance. We spent the night in firelands while talking to GMs. Thankfully they were able to reset our instance lock Wednesday night. One shot Morchok and spent the remaining hour and a half wiping on Yor'sahj. Tbh I thought it was going to be a bit easier than it was. Testing and learning how to best handle each combination takes awhile. Not far from a kill. Finished Voltorb's legendary. *Edit* after 3 more hours of very close wipes, we downed Yor'sahj. Well balanced fight, unique in the amount of control it gives you to determine the mechanics. Inc ping pong match with Zon'ozz.

12/13/11 Zon'ozz was another great fight. I'm sure it will get easier with gear but the initial kill felt like a good challenge. This put us at Rank 51 US which was awesome! After all these years of raiding on Shattered Halls it feels amazing to finally have a guild able to compete. It makes me glad I stuck it out. Still, this is only the beginning of the heroic tier and we have ALOT of work left to do.

12/19/11 Hagara gave us some trouble. The tipping point ended up being the smallest changes. Like having 2 people run each direction for lightning phase instead of 3 etc. We moved on to Ultraxion which was pretty easy with our dps and healing. Ironically enough I wiped our last pull of the night 30 seconds from the kill. The best part is Aethia still thinks it was her fault. Shhh. Pulled Blackhorn for over an hour...that fight looked much easier in the videos. It is a very noisy, busy fight, where all the things you're supposed to be paying attention to are 1 shot deaths if you miss them, + crazy dps maximization requirements. Easily the hardest fight so far imo, can't wait. Finished the second week of heroic DS 5/8.

1/26/12 I've always disliked content being released around the holidays. It forces hardcore players to either feel they're abandoning the goals they've been working toward or spend less time with their families during Christmas. The first week landed us a #51 US ranking which quickly fell during the holidays. When we got back it took us longer to get the repeat kills than the first, unfortunate but not unusual.

Blackhorn is probably the best designed fight this tier. It is doable with a wide variety of compositions and classes, and relies more on skill than anything else. There is a good chunk of rng based on barrage placement and fire, but not to the point of it forcing a wipe. I really enjoyed learning this fight and still enjoy killing it every week.

Spine... I knew going into this fight that it was going to be the one great challenge of the tier. Guilds have been working on it for over a month and still haven't managed a kill. The fight revolves around six 20 second windows of extreme burst dps as well as a fair amount of healing and quick add control. The upside is you get to be creative in order to maximize your burst dps, the downside is not all classes are capable of doing this (even with a legendary staff.) Our first night in we couldn't even get the tendon to 50% using bloodlust and potions, but like I said it all comes down to tricks. For example as fury I used 2 pc bonus from tier 12, 2pc bonus from tier 13, took all points out of booming voice, removed all my expertise, used death wish 10 seconds early so the second lines up, 1 usage trinket and 1 proc trinket that I ''force procced'' by tracking the icd and not attacking for a little while to ensure proper uptime. With all of our burst cds, fury is capable of pulling massive tendon damage without excellent gear. Other classes like warlocks haven't enjoyed this fight quite as much. There just aren't enough tricks for them to burst hard enough. On 10 man you have 40 seconds to do 13 million damage (repeated 3 times), roughly 55-60k per dps if you count the tanks and a healer as 1 dps.

Still working on the fight but we're making amazing progress. Sadly missing our top dps this week but I feel a kill is close. Then on to Deathwing!
Edited by Colosie on 1/26/2012 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
4/23/12 Wow I did a very bad job of keeping these updated... hopefully I can remember the highlights.

So spine eventually died. The hardest part was we could never manage to have our top dps online the same night. We had the unluckiest string of computer viruses, car crashes, sicknesses, and work emergencies that I have ever seen in my 5 years of raiding. The first night we had everyone back we one shot the fight.

There have been a few fights that I have really enjoyed tanking and this is one of them (and warglaive add tanking on Illidan!). Tanking the bloods was a great challenge, and warriors are the perfect class for it. Eventually though the fight got so easy and short that it wasn't that hard, but the progression on it was awesome. I remember the first time we got to the last plate. I just sat there at my desk with my mouth literally open thinking ''That is ALOT OF FREAKIN ADDS!''.

We moved on to Madness thinking it was going to be a bit easier than it was. We extended a couple lockouts hoping for an early kill with no luck. We continued to have attendance issues and eventually another problem emerged. My fellow raid leader and co-gm was our resto druid who had been thinking of applying to a top 20 guild for several months. He got an interview and decided it was time for him to move on to the type of raiding environment he had always wanted.

Thankfully someone had a resto shaman buddy who was a great healer, Riptyde. I will always laugh at our madness kill. I literally said in mumble (vent) ''Riptyde there is alot I could explain about this fight but I think you'd be better off just seeing a couple pulls so what I'm saying makes sense.'' We called things out as they happened, first and second platform went down easy, third platform had a couple hiccups but was also smooth, fourth had a death, but we brez'd and continued on. I was shocked we had made it to the last phase so easily, expecting us to wipe any second since we didn't have alot of practice on this part yet. 30 seconds later it hits us all... we're about to kill it. He's at 5%, everyone is alive, server spam is incoming and we didn't fraps the fight bc we didn't think it was going to be a kill!! One shot it that night with a healer that had never seen the fight at all? Yep.

I'm not sure how we got the last phase so perfect the first time, but the next week it took us 2 full nights to repeat the kill.

Since then we've been farming up our mounts, selling a few firehawks, and building an even stronger roster for MoP to represent SH.

Oh and I finally found a tank to replace me so I can return to dps!!! Tanking was fun, but I'm dps at heart.
Edited by Colosie on 4/23/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Reserved.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Reserved.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Reserved.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Last reserved.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Reserved
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Hey Wrath.
Reply Quote
12/8/11 Discovered the bug on heroic Morchok, but were more fortunate than Velocity and had GM's fix it on the spot. Cheasny this doesn't help my hatred towards you. We were already in OT so the raid was called. Flitwik got Alliance first legendary and I got my cute little companion! awww!!! Bethany is still a hottie, and Seinted has my eternal love. That about sums it up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/8/11- Week One, Day One

Discovered that Prentas has seemingly secret powers being able to rank with an off-spec with 99.9% uptime. Must investigate. Masanori apparently has teleported through the Caverns of Time so far that he could tank Yor'shaj in Tier10 with even less problems than with Heroic Firelands gear. After take a leak during the break, discovered Bigfish was watching the raid too keenly, I have to now clean my room again and remove the camera he put in here...again. Zurie now has a mate, and with Voltorb are both going to father the Blue Dragonflight together. Ratherheal and Wingslol have such sickening reaction time with their healing. Aethia found her pants on the boss again after taking them off and forgetting about them. I found out that Grantski has a back made of steel, letting me riding it all night. After reviewing the logs, I found out that Colosie had made a pact with some tentacles to shoot lazers all day for him to pad his damage.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warlock
I think Alex's post is much more riveting and realistic
Reply Quote
why the hate socks?
Edited by Cheasny on 12/9/2011 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
What happened?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
01/25/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Tamerlan
What happened?

Fixed.
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Paladin
BM
Wrathofhell for the win Alex ..awesome wow player
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i never knew you Colosie, but being a member of SH for 6 or so years i am forever jelly, sir.

thought this thread would be a good way to confess that.
Seriously.
you're the man.
Reply Quote
7 Blood Elf Paladin
04/21/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Torchix
you're the man.

and he's the nicest guy!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
lol thnx.

Anyone can be ''the man''. Wow is just being a good button pusher and a set of eyes. Lots of research and practice. Learning to use world of logs in depth is critical.
Edited by Colosie on 4/23/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]