4.3 Fails to load after character selected

Seems like i fix'd my problem by copying and pasteing my folders from PTR (except the Data folder) and somehow i could get in, still i haven't tried relogging because i'm afraid it happens again, so i'll just stay here and wait for my raid time, well anyways...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Fishing Buddy worked for me as well. I don't use Fubar. Must be some conflict. I hope it gets resolved. Thanks for the help everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Broker_Location
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
For me disabling Tom Quest 2 got me past the loading screen hang. Have ingame errors in my bugsack from Chinchilla and Smartbuff.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I don't have this exact problem, but the loading screens take forever to load, weather its loading a realm, my character or an area in game, going thorugh portals or teleporting.

loading times are horrible by far!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
for me it was some older Atlas stuff like Battlegrounds and Instance Maps...not Atlas itself, tho.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Cartographer was my problem, with it off, I load in fine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
It was Silver Dragon for me, too. Had to change res., though.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Priest
This sticky will help figure out your problem addon causing this:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657275859
85 Worgen Druid
Can confirm for myself it was tomquest2
Reply Quote
I disabled recommended zone as well and it worked. Also disabled recount as it said dependency value was missing. Able to load game now. Maybe curse will fix that...Kind of like that feature...
Reply Quote
78 Troll Hunter
I'm having a problem staying logged into the game. In Orgrimmar, it kept crashing on my hunter here -- got him out, went to a dungeon, did it again. Got on my paladin on a different server. For a while it was fine, then started happening on there as well, and now I can't even get on the same realm as this hunter because it crashes at the character selection screen before even loading the character models. On the aforementioned Paladin, the Orgrimmar problem started happening, same with the dungeons. Hearthed to Bloodhoof, was fine, started a dungeon -- fine -- and then we wiped, and as soon as I hit "release spirit" it crashed once again.

I have no add-ons, I play on a mac, that paladin was the only char working and now isn't anymore. Tried all the fixes I found in the "common patch issues" sections, deleting WTF and cache and interface and all that too, etc. Help?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
Ok, for me I found it was Titan Panel, specifically the Location and Recommended Zone addons. It does seem to be a location issue at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It was fishing buddy and titan panel recommended zones for me. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm in the same boat. It may be coincidence, but I can only log into characters that are not in the Stormwind zone. All addons are disabled. Loading bar gets stuck about an inch away from completion, and then wow goes unresponsive. I really would like to get my dailies done on my main.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Druid
I disabled Cromulent, MapsterEnhanced, and any other direct map related items. I left Gatherer on, and Mapster (tho that error'd as soon as I went in and pretty much wont work). Atlasloot is fine for me :)

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Oh and turned off ExplorerCoords. That helped too.
Edited by Zenzie on 11/30/2011 3:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
14 Troll Shaman
cartographer
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Mage
For me , I had to disable Cartographer.

Worked for me afterwords.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Hunter
Bumped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]