Dev denial of Horde bias shown to be empty

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
One of the major dev responses to the complaint that the Horde seems to be getting all the good stories seems to be "But Thrall is a neutral character now! When we choose to write all our good stuff about him, it's not really for the Horde!"

Neutral? In the Hour of Twilight, you see him fight. Neutral, with the Horde emblem emblazoned for all to see on his totems? I think not. Not that I ever actually thought of him as other than Horde, but this is a bit blatant.
73 Blood Elf Hunter
Yep, Thrall is clearly Horde. Blizz, favoritism is not cool. Take it from the girl that was always the least favorite student in school. Lots of friends but was never the favorite one. Never popular either... I'm not even joking when I say, just stop...

You can have favorites but just don't show it...
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You know, instead of complaining rabidly, just suggest that, y'know, they use some sort of "neutral" totem art asset instead? Maybe that would help you come across as less frothing-at-the-mouth.
44 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh boy! Here we go...
Community Manager
One of the major dev responses to the complaint that the Horde seems to be getting all the good stories seems to be "But Thrall is a neutral character now! When we choose to write all our good stuff about him, it's not really for the Horde!"

Neutral? In the Hour of Twilight, you see him fight. Neutral, with the Horde emblem emblazoned for all to see on his totems? I think not. Not that I ever actually thought of him as other than Horde, but this is a bit blatant.

If you re-read the article you'll note that Dave states it is a mistake that we thought of Thrall as "world character", and a hero all players would enjoy fighting alongside. He then goes on to say we're looking to correct that and have plenty of Alliance story progression set for Mists.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
You do know that he specifically addressed the issue of people taking Thrall as a Hordie, and not neutral, right?
100 Tauren Shaman

If you re-read the article you'll note that Dave states it is a mistake that we thought of Thrall as "world character", and a hero all players would enjoy fighting alongside. He then goes on to say we're looking to correct that and have plenty of Alliance story progression set for Mists.

So Thrall's gonna be the new King of Stormwind, right?
64 Goblin Shaman
You cannot convince me that Thrall is neutral. Thrall is and always will be Horde. When all this Hour of Twilight stuff passes, he'll be back. Maybe he'll even take his place as Warchief again, who knows?
11/29/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Korojin

So, the real question is: will his statue replace King Chin's, or will it be placed opposite it, with them having an eternal staring contest?
90 Blood Elf Mage
The Alliance just cannot see past his green skin.

Why don't we ask ourselves, "What would Jaina do?"
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/29/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Fiff
You cannot convince me that Thrall is neutral. Thrall is and always will be Horde. When all this Hour of Twilight stuff passes, he'll be back. Maybe he'll even take his place as Warchief again, who knows?
And he'll be a far cry better than Garrosh...
85 Human Mage
Thrall ain't neutral. Bull...lawlz.

That was just made up to make Allies feel better. (Clearly didn't work too well.)

11/29/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Untamedshrew

Because everything she does involves crying or whining of some sort.
90 Pandaren Warrior
The Alliance just cannot see past his green skin.

Cry?
85 Undead Hunter
I don't understand people. Seriously? How old are you, seven? "BLIZZARD WHY COME THE HERO AREN'T A HUMAN LIKE ME?!". It's just so ridiculous and embarrassing to see people acting like this.

I understand the trolls, the illiterates, the noobs, but not this. It's EXTREMELY annoying. It's like a kid crying to his parents because the neighbor boy has the newest bionicle toy. Just chill, and grow up.
Community Manager

SPOILERS
100 Night Elf Druid

I'd be ok with that.

As long as he leaves Aggra and all those Orc babies back in Durotar.
*shudder*
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Karat
Because everything she does involves crying or whining of some sort.

Well, then mention of her is certainly apropos in this thread. :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]