Classic PVP Gear for Transmogrification

90 Worgen Druid
*UPDATE*
You must have rank Knight Captain(A)/Legionnaire(H) or higher to buy the classic PVP level 60 sets from the Area 52 vendors. Otherwise the items are locked. The classic PVP items are purchased with gold ~100G for a 5 piece set.

There is also a vendor who sells level 70 Gladiator, Merciless and Vengeful gear for honor points ~ 4500HP for a 5 piece set. You do not have to have a PVP rank/title to buy or transmog the Gladiator sets. You can also buy respective lvl 70 weapons for honor as well. I confirm it is possible to transmog the level 70 gear. I tried a piece from each gladiator set with success on toons with and without a PVP rank/title.

The Gladiator pieces are very nice alternatives to the classic PVP gear for those seeking the look of earlier sets.

Hope this helps clarify the PVP transmogrification issues we are all experiencing.

See you on the battlefield.

Classic PVP gear (level 60) can be used for Transmogrification. Go to Outland --> Netherstorm --> Area 52 and you can buy classic gear and weapons from the goblin vendors. The classic items do not list set bonuses, but this is the gear to use for transmogrification. I am not sure if there is a requirement of Officer rank Knight(A)/Stone Guard(H) or higher, but this solution worked for my main, rank Commander.

It looks awesome. I am so happy! (^_^)
Edited by Guerulfus on 11/29/2011 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
79 Tauren Shaman
Is that a Gold or Honor purchase?

And is this gear available to those who have the old titles/achievements/etc. or are the items available for everyone- and can everyone transmog with them?

THAT is the issue, and I hope it is resolved so Transmogate will go away and we can get on with our game.
Reply Quote
The items are only available for people who have a classic rank. At the moment it seems you need an officer's rank. As a Knight-Captain I was able to purchase and transmog the Marshal's/Field Marshal's set.

I was happy, but it's still a dumb restriction.
Edited by Sigmar on 11/29/2011 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
74 Human Hunter

And is this gear available to those who have the old titles/achievements/etc. or are the items available for everyone- and can everyone transmog with them?

THAT is the issue, and I hope it is resolved so Transmogate will go away and we can get on with our game.

I am flying there now on my Mage who does not have any old PvP titles to see if i can purchase the old pvp gear.

Will update shortly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I am flying there now on my Mage who does not have any old PvP titles to see if i can purchase the old pvp gear.

Will update shortly.

Sadly my guess will be no given what we've been told and it is Blizzard
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage

Will update shortly.

Just tried this on a newbie gobby, no dice.

Again, stupid restriction.
Reply Quote
74 Human Hunter

Will update shortly.

You are correct. When i try to click on the gear, it says its locked.

It can be purchased with gold though but its locked out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You are correct. When i try to click on the gear, it says its locked.

It can be purchased with gold though but its locked out.

Yeah figured as much. This was such an unneeded and unnecessary restriction. It really isn't fair to the people who didn't start in Vanilla or doesn't like to PvP or does like to PvP just not RBG's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The gear from the vendor, the stuff that requires the rank, is the ONLY stuff that can be mogged. Existing honor items, NO ONE can mog those.
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 08:59 PMPosted by Yeria
The gear from the vendor, the stuff that requires the rank, is the ONLY stuff that can be mogged. Existing honor items, NO ONE can mog those.

Lots of people on non blizzard boards have said that during the PTR if you would mog your gear to look like HWL/GM and faction change you could have an orc in Alliance gear or a human in Horde gear...

If THAT is the reason for the exclusing, tell us! Admit you have an issue with the code and either fix it or let us do it, how many people are going to pay for 2 transfers every time they get a new set of armor?

"Oh uh, new pants, gotta pay $50 to transfer to alliance and back!"

Not going to happen.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

Lots of people on non blizzard boards have said that during the PTR if you would mog your gear to look like HWL/GM and faction change you could have an orc in Alliance gear or a human in Horde gear...

If THAT is the reason for the exclusing, tell us! Admit you have an issue with the code and either fix it or let us do it, how many people are going to pay for 2 transfers every time they get a new set of armor?

"Oh uh, new pants, gotta pay $50 to transfer to alliance and back!"

Not going to happen.

I'm already in Alliance gear.

:3

And so is he http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Gurvir/simple
Edited by Riverfang on 12/4/2011 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
There was no issue. I knew about this along time now that they planned on only letting people with the rank get it.

Again, there hasn't been a single blue response about people that have switched accounts to do RAF or server transfer to play with friends. You're just screwed when it can easily be fixed. Make the new rating system allow access.
Edited by Shoewhistle on 12/4/2011 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
its a pretty stupid restriction, more to the people who came after classic wow and bc, sorry blizz u have stuffed here...
Reply Quote
nuts
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I am a knight LT from pre bc days. I just went to the vendor I attempted to buy items from my rank below and up and all of them were locked, tho I was an officer with officers quarter access when I earned my rank
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Lock this necro thread please!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not enough that they have the title but they need a special set of gear to fully be a special snowflake. Blizz just recolor the stuff and put it out for everyone. Everyone can transmog the gear we want the the special snowflakes can still feel special and walk around thinking anyone cares.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
lol me snowflake you scrub :) The length of time it took to get the gear is why bliz did this. The time you nubs spend to get the rbg mounts wouldn't even be enough to get rank 14 underwear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/29/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Antokiya
Lock this necro thread please!

01/30/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Ethermoon
lol me snowflake you scrub :) The length of time it took to get the gear is why bliz did this. The time you nubs spend to get the rbg mounts wouldn't even be enough to get rank 14 underwear.

No need to call people scrubs when you're a bg hero.

Lol.
Edited by Genibus on 1/30/2012 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
So let me throw something out there... Why cant blizzard put this "feat of strength" as an account based. I have 3 toons ranks 10+ from vanilla wow played on Kel thuzad where it took hour upon hour and week after week of playing to get anywhere in the ranks because it was such a high pop server. Now I never played my rogue in bgs much just world pvp thats why I had a rogue ganking in blackrock stormwind ironforge was more fun than sitting in bgs so he was my "your team isnt on to roll face for ranks so go gank poor people class" Well I dont play my drood warrior or shaman anymore so what do their feat of strengths do for me nothing...

I want to play with lvl 60 pvp gear on my rogue blizzard I put my time in the old system and beat my head against my desk every week I came just short of my next rank playing 8 hours a day...

What are we counting 6 years now since vanilla. How many people still play that toon they pvp farmed on prob not many.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]