Deathwing ain't no pushover.

90 Human Death Knight
I give all fights a 1/10 in difficulty.

If you want to play a difficult game, try IWTBTG.

lol, while this tier is definitely easier than last FL, I think saying they are all 1/10 is a little disingenuous. Yeah half the bosses are pretty laughably easy, and the other half seem undertuned too when you're sporting 391s, but overall it's not bad. Madness especially I would say is pretty well tuned for an end tier normal mode boss.

Blizzard wanted to make normal modes more accessible to their average playerbase, and in that respect I think they'll probably succeed with this tuning. Any serious gamers know the real challenges lie in heroics, and so normal mode is kinda meant to be easy for them anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
U iz tank, Nathriia.

Oh oh, nore, you should use my computer this week and record stuff for me so I know the strats everyone is using when I get back. And Kegun should remind you because it's for a good cause.
Edited by Janaire on 12/4/2011 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I guess I can try that... I'm not used to that tiny keyboard anymore though... might have to switch it for mine.

Miss you! Hope you're enjoying Hawaii so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I guess I can try that... I'm not used to that tiny keyboard anymore though... might have to switch it for mine.

Miss you! Hope you're enjoying Hawaii so far.

My keyboard is wearing out anyway. I've died a couple times on Rag because I the D key decided not to work, and I don't think it's because it's dirty...

Miss you too! We didn't do anything today, but I think we're going to drive to one of the beaches tomorrow.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
aw, you guys are sweet.
Grats again on 8/8
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks Mattick.

We'll see if we're able to have any success in heroics the next two weeks while Janaire is gone. We had a third healer that transferred here to join us, but then he abruptly left the week before release of 4.3 without any notice <_<. So now we're going to have one of our guys try healing on his undergeared pally alt.

Volios is just going to have to step up his game I guess lol. :)

As for me, I'm hoping H-Morchok is Shannox 2.0.
Edited by Ellinore on 12/5/2011 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is holy going to be healing while I'm gone?

And maybe could postpone stuff next week if people are available and really want to... depends a bit on how this week goes probably. I'll at least be back for Thursday next week.
Edited by Janaire on 12/5/2011 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Tar Valon was hoping to get in on the heroic party next week but we might need another week of gear to down Madness :/
We had multiple 3-6% wipes tonight hitting the enrage. So painful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/05/2011 10:02 PMPosted by Gigal

He has a hard enrage timer? We usually just couldn't keep up with the healing and would oom as the damage increased, though that might be from two healing. Not sure what your guys' comp is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Tar Valon was hoping to get in on the heroic party next week but we might need another week of gear to down Madness :/

Are you guys blowing hero on the 4th platform to beat the Cataclysm cast or are you saving it for P2?
Edited by Ellinore on 12/5/2011 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
At first we were saving it for the 4th platform to beat Cataclysm, but once we got our !@#$ figured out we were able to survive the 4th platform pretty easily so we popped it on the Terrors in phase 2.

I assume its a hard enrage because it says "Deathwing goes into a berserker rage" and we all die pretty quick. We are 3 healing it. Like I said, I think a couple more upgrades for the raid will make all the difference. Our warrior literally got every drop last week ><
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
At first we were saving it for the 4th platform to beat Cataclysm, but once we got our !@#$ figured out we were able to survive the 4th platform pretty easily so we popped it on the Terrors in phase 2.

I assume its a hard enrage because it says "Deathwing goes into a berserker rage" and we all die pretty quick. We are 3 healing it. Like I said, I think a couple more upgrades for the raid will make all the difference. Our warrior literally got every drop last week ><

Ah ok. Yeah saving Lust for P2 is definitely the right call, so if you're already doing that then I don't know that there's much you can improve. We actually 1 tanked, 2 healed the fight so maybe that extra 1 or 2 dps is what made the difference for us. At 5% health DW enters the last phase of his increased AoE damage, so I wonder if that is what the message is about... we were kinda busy trying to burn him down fast, so we might have just missed it.

We'll probably have to try 3 healing this week, so will be interesting to see how that works out...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
this normal mode clear was easiest !@#$ of my life just my 2 cents lego heroics btw my full ruthless pala could heal :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Énigmaz
this normal mode clear was easiest !@#$ of my life just my 2 cents lego heroics btw my full ruthless pala could heal :)

Nare, I already have to beat you up over your ninja log the other day, don't give me even more reasons to :)

Keep in mind that if you're wiping during/right after a specific set of adds, you can always ignore them (well, except the tank) and try to push him (especially if he's around 4%). You're basically damned if you do and damned if you don't at that point, so you might as well make a last ditch effort.

Oh, and save a tranq or DH for around that point.

Edit- I was going to get on the remote armory and chat with everyone during some of the raid, then I remembered that it isn't tied to your battle.net account and nore is the only one who has it on his account :(

Sad day. Maybe I can install the game and chat, even if I couldn't successfully do anything.
Edited by Janaire on 12/6/2011 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
12/06/2011 03:52 PMPosted by Janaire
Nare, I already have to beat you up over your ninja log the other day, don't give me even more reasons to :)

I heard he was drunk. Silly tree hugger.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

I don't know if that was the enrage or just the mass can of own DW lets out at sub 5 pct HP. P2 starts at 20 pct boss health and there is ticking aura damage. Every 5 pct he loses makes that ticking aura damage increase. Sub 10 pct it's pretty heavy damage and sub 5 percent it turns into "bomb raid damage reduction/healing CD's until he dies" territory.

We had a similar problem and it's part of the reason we want with one tank/two healers (the other being getting a single Impale per tentacle add). Basically, without seven dps, but with hero at the start of p2, we would zerg the first add set and get DW to the 5ish pct range and the second set of adds would come out. The problem here was the intense aura damage plus the adds was just unhealable. It wasn't necessarily that the first set of adds was a huge problem, or even the second set by itself. It was the ramp up in aura damage just before the second set that made it impossible to top people, and the shrapnel/terrors just owned us.

I don't mean to impose, but a suggestion..... Hold DW above 10 percent after the first set of adds and don't use hero at the start of p2. Pop hero on the 2nd set of adds, zerg them down then kill DW before the third set. This will mitigate that aura damage a bit and make it more manageable dealing with a second set of adds. I was considering trying this until we decided to just say !@#$ it and roll with what got us the furthest in the fight.

Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Thanks for the tips guys. He should die this week one way or the other. Good luck in heroics!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2011 04:53 AMPosted by Volios
I was considering trying this until we decided to just say !@#$ it and roll with what got us the furthest in the fight.

If we didn't do that, you wouldn't have felt like a badass when you used Divine Hymn at the end. You know you enjoyed that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So, just an fyi. We did Madness again tonight with 2 tanks, 3 healers and it was probably easier than the 1 tank, 2 healers way we did it last week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]