So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

85 Draenei Death Knight
Whether I personally believe there is a horde bias or not is largely irrelevant to what I am about to post, so I'll just accept for the sake of argument that there isn't one.

The whole Theramore thing still bugs me.

Look, Jaina is one of the most powerful archmages in Azeroth. Yes, some of you will say Jaina is a peacenik, and frankly you're largely right, but even the smelliest hippy in the world will fight when you try to burn their house down. Jaina would not just let someone come into her house and mess it up. Anyone should realize this.

Now, let's check the other side. Who does the Horde HONESTLY have that could pull off burning down Jaina's place.

Sylvanas might be able to pull it off, but she's a bit busy up in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms and besides, fire isn't her style; she'd use the plague.

Lor'themar? Come on, that guy hasn't left Silvermoon since he was put in the game.

Baine? Jaina helped him out with his father's death, for some reason I doubt he'd do it.

Vol'jin? He hates Garrosh more than any of the alliance leaders. If he does anything it'll be a coup.

Gallywix? MIA since the start of Cata. He ain't doing it.

That leaves Garrosh. No one has ever accused this orc of being a mental giant, and frankly no one ever will, but he's the only leader that isn't either too busy, too apathetic, or too even minded to do anything to theramore.

Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.
Edited by Ðeathwaggle on 12/1/2011 11:09 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
Goblins. Lots and lots of cheaply hired Goblins.

Ample amounts of plot armor too.
43 Dwarf Warrior
That leaves Garrosh. No one has ever accused this orc of being a mental giant, and frankly no one ever will, but he's the only leader that isn't either too busy, too apathetic, or too even minded to do anything to theramore.

Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

The only conclusion I can come to (And forgive me for being just as skeptical as yourself) is that once again, Alliance is only here to serve.

I really don't see how Garrosh could get the drop on Jaina, but presuming he does...

My Take:

It's been said that the alleged "Neutral" Green Jesus will be heading back to lead the Horde.

The way I see it, Garrosh taking out Theramore will only lead to his demise. Therefore, what an easy way to further The Horde story and get Thrall back in charge.

Garrosh takes out Theramore.
Thrall gets angry and takes out Garrosh or allows the Alliance to exact revenge somehow.
(because really, everything wasn't enough to get us angry? It takes Theramore?)
Thrall leads The Horde again or replaces Garrosh with someone else.

Alliance, once again...only serves as a plot device. Perhaps there's more to it, but generally that's how I see it. inb4 '!@#$ with your favoritism nonsense'.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I'm a bit disappointed that no one thinks that Jaina could destroy Garrosh...
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/01/2011 10:41 AMPosted by Ðeathwaggle

She could, especially being a frost mage going against a warrior. Honestly, my bet is that she was away crying over something or other, and simply wasn't there. Alternatively, she could simply fail to defend it. The Horde has plenty of powerful warriors and spellcasters. Perhaps they kept her occupied long enough for the goblins to burn/blow up the place. Hell, maybe said battle destroyed half of it unintentionally. It'd be a "won the battle, but lost the war" situation, but on a smaller scale.
Edited by Karat on 12/1/2011 10:49 AM PST

I'm a little disappointed that regardless of the outcome the Alliance isn't likely to hear much about it. Much less participate.
90 Draenei Priest

I would love to see her freeze him (no, not encase him in ice - actually freeze his body) and then shatter him with an arcane blast.
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm surprised people don't see it as an alliance bias really. Alliance is getting a more compelling storyline, and horde's just getting a leader that's more and more of a -- well.. can't say that word on the forums.

Personally, I hope this means Thrall's going to take back over the horde and execute Garrosh, but I doubt that's going to happen.
12/01/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Memories
I'm surprised people don't see it as an alliance bias really.

This is probably because it's Horde that wins the fight (however it actually plays out). You take that, combine it with the Alliance being rather sidelined for Cata, and that most Horde don't really caer about Alliance favoritism (from what I've seen, at least), and there's your answer.
12 Orc Warlock
Baine? Jaina helped him out with his father's death, for some reason I doubt he'd allow it.

Fixed.

Know what would be fun? If Baine was actually helping with the attack on Theramore... Wielding Fearbreaker.

So, Garrosh is fighting in Ashenvale in an all out war against the combined forces of Night Elves, Worgen and the help of Varian, and is fighting on several other fronts against the Night Elves and Grimtotem in Stonetalon Mountains, Feralas, Desolace, The Barrens and Azshara, so he just... Turns around and destroys the second biggest human city in Azeroth? He and what army? The one he has is already spread all through Kalimdor. And if he does get all his forces to attack Theramore, wouldn't it leave him vulnerable for an attack in the Night Elf lands?

Even if Garrosh does it, it still makes no sense. He is already fighting too many wars to pick another one. He couldn't even push through the Southern Barrens, how did he get to Theramore? By boat? Against the strongest fleet of the Alliance?

90 Gnome Warlock

I'm a little disappointed that regardless of the outcome the Alliance isn't likely to hear much about it. Much less participate.

I've said this in another thread already, but to quote Metzen "Buy a kindle". I say this not because I agree with him, but because you're sadly right. Everything dealing with Theramore and 4.4 comes out in a book filled with Jaina in all of her tear stained glory.

And, if I recall, it's being written by the same guy who keeps putting Tyrande into the most god awful, near Saturday morning heroine cartoonishly stupid situations that require A Real Man (tm) donned in the shiniest of plot armour to save her.

And now for my mandatory "!@#$ you, Knaak" for referencing his books:

%^-* you, Knaak.
Edited by Bomdanil on 12/1/2011 11:02 AM PST
81 Undead Rogue
Why do people keep saying that Thrall will be super mad when Garrosh wins battles for the horde? That was kind of the idea he had when he made Garrosh warchief.

I doubt that Garrosh will go up against Jaina alone. Also I'd be glad if she gets get power retconned to be weaker, somehow I feel like freezing Thrall/Sylvanas/Varian and ALL other horde and alliance forces in Undercity and then using mass teleport was kind of stupid.
81 Undead Rogue
12/01/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Bomdanil

I've said this in another thread already, but to quote Metzen "Buy a kindle". I say this not because I agree with him, but because you're sadly right. Everything dealing with Theramore and 4.4 comes out in a book filled with Jaina in all of her tear stained glory.

And, if I recall, it's being written by the same guy who keeps putting Tyrande into the most god awful, near Saturday morning heroine cartoonishly stupid situations that require A Real Man (tm) donned in the shiniest of plot armour to save her.

And now for my mandatory "!@#$ you, Knaak" for referencing his books:

%^-* you, Knaak.
I'm pretty sure Golden is writing this book, at least I hope so =/
85 Draenei Death Knight
12/01/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Karat
I'm surprised people don't see it as an alliance bias really.

This is probably because it's Horde that wins the fight (however it actually plays out). You take that, combine it with the Alliance being rather sidelined for Cata, and that most Horde don't really caer about Alliance favoritism (from what I've seen, at least), and there's your answer.

Heh, I was trying to stay away from the favoritism aspect here. Mainly because it simply doesn't matter.

Jaina wouldn't let Garrosh burn her house down, and I object to the insistence that he could get it done against her will without the entire Horde allied behind him, and the Tauren won't be coming, the Forsaken are busy, and the Trolls are as liable to spit on Garrosh as look at him.

In my OP I forgot the goblins, but you gotta remember, during the goblin starting area, the entirety of the Bilgewater cartel fit on one ship. I can't imagine they'd turn the tide by themselves.
90 Gnome Warlock
Why do people keep saying that Thrall will be super mad when Garrosh wins battles for the horde? That was kind of the idea he had when he made Garrosh warchief.

I doubt that Garrosh will go up against Jaina alone. Also I'd be glad if she gets get power retconned to be weaker, somehow I feel like freezing Thrall/Sylvanas/Varian and ALL other horde and alliance forces in Undercity and then using mass teleport was kind of stupid.

Theramore and Jaina are the two biggest factors preventing Varian from going Total Logosh and genociding the lot of them. Upsetting her, or worse, hurting her is likely to get him the same treatment that Blackmoor got when he killed Theresa.
12/01/2011 03:16 AMPosted by Ðeathwaggle
but even the smelliest hippy in the world will fight when you try to burn their house down

Depends on what's in the house that's flammable...
85 Tauren Druid
this is still going on??
Jaina wouldn't let Garrosh burn her house down, and I object to the insistence that he could get it done against her will without the entire Horde allied behind him, and the Tauren won't be coming, the Forsaken are busy, and the Trolls are as liable to spit on Garrosh as look at him.

In my OP I forgot the goblins, but you gotta remember, during the goblin starting area, the entirety of the Bilgewater cartel fit on one ship. I can't imagine they'd turn the tide by themselves.

The Horde don't necessarily have to win the battle. All they really need to to distract the defenders and Jaina (if she's there) long enough to slip a few goblins with explosives and accelerants in. Plus, if you take her out fo the equation somehow (trick her into a meeting somewhere else, she's busy playing with King Chin in SW, whatever), suddenly there's no longer one of the most powerful mages in the world there to defend it.
Edited by Karat on 12/1/2011 11:10 AM PST
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 03:16 AMPosted by Ðeathwaggle

Nothing about the war makes any logical sense. The only advantage the Horde ever had was demon blood. In every category the Horde is at a disadvantage yet they cannot lose.

All Jaina will do is roll her face on a keyboard that has every key bound to /cry.
Edited by Kankizik on 12/1/2011 11:09 AM PST
Theramore and Jaina are the two biggest factors preventing Varian from going Total Logosh and genociding the lot of them. Upsetting her, or worse, hurting her is likely to get him the same treatment that Blackmoor got when he killed Theresa.

True, but I don't think Blizzard will do much in that aspect. Seriously after the "epic" Varian quest chain comes around I'm gonna link the thread I made earlier today and see if it holds up to what I proposed. Odds are that it won't, theirs won't make much sense/be very interesting, where as mine at least has him doing something constructive.

Hope I'm wrong tho
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]