So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

74 Human Death Knight

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

I demand Kul Tiras appear in 4.4!

Massive Armada! Alliance D Day!

Gogogogogogo

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The alliance don't need the Kul Tiras navy. Mekkatorque and his team of elite scientists have finally added a brand new weapon to the Alliance, the Veritech fleet is now taking applications for talented pilots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VF-1_Valkyrie
100 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote="36570391771]

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.[/quote]

Office Space FTW!!!!!
85 Draenei Paladin
The Alliance races greatly need goals/objectives outside of being defined by how they are victimized throughout the War.

I can offer constructive feedback suggesting ideas brought up often on the Story Forum. These are ideas that the Quest designers/Creative Development can use to improve the Alliance faction without stepping on the Horde's toes or the main-storyline.

- The Alliance's "face" is too human. Alliance should present themselves as diverse, multiple banners/shouts that work together (unlike the Horde which have a single banner/mindset). Too often the humans just do everything when roles could be filled with other races

-Kul Tiras still exists, and is perceived as a military hub equivalent if not more to Theramore. It should be involved if Theramore burns. There should be naval reaction or withdrawl.

-With Ragnaros out of the picture, the Ancients of Hyjal (Cenarius especially) should be on a warpath southwards to revenge and reclaim Ashenvale from those who destroyed it. Maybe throw Garrosh into this, it will be a neat juxtaposition having this Iconic conflict of WC:3 revisited.

-The Gnomes and Draenei could form a 'merger' for their mutual benefit. The Gnomes should be fascinated and eager to learn Naaru technology, it would be in the Draenei's best interest to get their assistance in repairing the Exodar. The Draenei could then lend their aid cleansing Gnomerregan and rescuing irradiated gnomes rather selflessly. It would be an amazing symbiotic relationship with differing statures and philosophies - and doing so wouldn't even involve hordeconflict/story-interference.

- Tyrande/Malfurion relationship is dis-function despite the results. It went from Tyrande Alphaing and Malfurion Betaing in WC:3 to "Mal" Alphaing and Tyrande Omegaing. Out of all the societies, one that is uniquely female driven should not show Tyrande failing without a man and needing babies. The implications of that are too sexist and unfourtunate. The relationship needs an upgrade to a near mutual 'punching' relationship, like with Thrall/Aggra, so that their personalities can at least combat.

- Alliance leaders need to react if they or their people are attacked and homes lost. Even a dialogue nod and a vague nod about action/inaction being taken would improve these forum situations drastically. Ashenvale, Southshore, and Gilneas are all examples.
90 Human Warlock
[quote="36569191686"]I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

Don't be silly, we all know that won't happen, because Jaina and Varian aren't Horde.
45 Human Warlock
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

Dude... you need a burrito break or something. Seriously.

Did you honestly expect any other response to theramore getting destroyed? This whole expansion alliance has been losing questing hubs and zones and horde really hasn't been losing anything. (Even southern Barrens)

Theramore was alliance questing zone, even if their 'leader' was supposedly neutral. If it was neutral, why would alliance get mad when it got destroyed...
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/01/2011 01:32 PMPosted by Shenanagins
He broke no forum rules that I saw.

He posted in a way to incite negative responses

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

Pretty sure those weren't meant in good fun. He's having an off day I get that.

Edit: That said, agree or disagree I'm going to bed. Have fun and be civil people.

No, he expressed his opinion--bluntly and forcefully, true. But again, he broke no forum rules.

If he had, then 90% (made up number!) of the forum goers would have permanent bans.
90 Human Rogue
Zarhym, should probably take a day or two off from reading the forum. He's starting to sound cynical and, dare I say it, mad. That's not a good combination. I know. I've felt that way before. Unfortunately, I can't temp ban a blue, but he probably should get one to cool off a little.

People are going to complain. Regardless of how things shape up. That's just the nature of things.

If you want to see some appreciation, I'll say it. I like the new patch, and I like the idea of more war coming to warcraft. Bring it on! Even if it means Theramore gets destroyed. Just do a good job with it. Don't make it like, "Oh wells, we're the alliance. We fold." I want to see reciprocity. I want to see battle lines drawn. Alliance getting a chance to curb stomp some janky orcs in something other than WSG, AB, AV, etc. Let's take it "outside."
85 Human Paladin
You know I love you Zarhym, but you know how trust works. Easy to lose, very difficult to get back after you've lost it. Blizzard has lost the trust of the Alliance and this is negative attitude won't stop until things change. No we will not be quiet and be patient. We've been patient and it hasn't paid off. Since being quiet and patient didn't work, now we're going to be loud and obnoxious. Either it works and you finally get your butts in gear, or it fails and a lot of people leave.

Whether Blizzard likes the Horde more or not, you'll get a different answer for every person you ask. But Blizzard does like both sides money equally. If you want the Alliance playerbases money, then show us your product is worth us giving you our money.
85 Orc Warrior
12/01/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Throngar
Garrosh + level 95 Plot Armor + goblin nukes = no Theramore

cause you know, Theramore doing the smartest thing in tactical history ever, spreading it's military strength pushing in as many conceivable directions all at once toward not one but two horde capitals into durotar, the barrens, spending resource to build a dustwallow marsh "highway" to a dessert while only having a single sea based supply line, while the enemy capital within closest proximity has done nothing as much as it has built it's navy, and at the same time defending from pirate attacks from the south to try maintain it's only supply line. /end incoherent rant.

Theramore is just in a position to get owned and seeing as how Garrosh must retreat from ashenvale with his tail between his legs his obvious target is theramore. So theramore really dealt it's self the killing blow when stepped into the barrens IMO.
90 Undead Warrior

Did you honestly expect any other response to theramore getting destroyed? This whole expansion alliance has been losing questing hubs and zones and horde really hasn't been losing anything. (Even southern Barrens)

Theramore was alliance questing zone, even if their 'leader' was supposedly neutral. If it was neutral, why would alliance get mad when it got destroyed...

And now she'll get pissed and the story will be about this chick beating the odds and getting even at the jerks who destroyed her city. Gotta build up from something bad.
100 Undead Priest
You know, while I expect the same thing, that just doesn't seem Alliance-esque. It was to my understanding that Alliance and Horde were supposed to be two differently developed factions, with two different tones and emotions that go with that.

Realistically, Jaina getting mad and freezing and shattering Garrosh's skull, coupled with Varian blowing up Orgrimmar seems cool and all...But it doesn't really seem Alliance-y when you really think about what the Alliance represent.

Why not? Sounds like Alliance has gotten tired of being the Hordes doormat that gets walked all over, especially after Theramore being razed, and have decided to start pushing back harder then ever. Alliance may be more "civilized", but they're still comes a time to say enough is enough and they don't wanna play good guy victim anymore.
81 Undead Rogue
The Alliance races greatly need goals/objectives outside of being defined by how they are victimized throughout the War.

I can offer constructive feedback suggesting ideas brought up often on the Story Forum. These are ideas that the Quest designers/Creative Development can use to improve the Alliance faction without stepping on the Horde's toes or the main-storyline.

- The Alliance's "face" is too human. Alliance should present themselves as diverse, multiple banners/shouts that work together (unlike the Horde which have a single banner/mindset). Too often the humans just do everything when roles could be filled with other races

-Kul Tiras still exists, and is perceived as a military hub equivalent if not more to Theramore. It should be involved if Theramore burns. There should be naval reaction or withdrawl.

-With Ragnaros out of the picture, the Ancients of Hyjal (Cenarius especially) should be on a warpath southwards to revenge and reclaim Ashenvale from those who destroyed it. Maybe throw Garrosh into this, it will be a neat juxtaposition having this Iconic conflict of WC:3 revisited.

-The Gnomes and Draenei could form a 'merger' for their mutual benefit. The Gnomes should be fascinated and eager to learn Naaru technology, it would be in the Draenei's best interest to get their assistance in repairing the Exodar. The Draenei could then lend their aid cleansing Gnomerregan and rescuing irradiated gnomes rather selflessly. It would be an amazing symbiotic relationship with differing statures and philosophies - and doing so wouldn't even involve hordeconflict/story-interference.

- Tyrande/Malfurion relationship is dis-function despite the results. It went from Tyrande Alphaing and Malfurion Betaing in WC:3 to "Mal" Alphaing and Tyrande Omegaing. Out of all the societies, one that is uniquely female driven should not show Tyrande failing without a man and needing babies. The implications of that are too sexist and unfourtunate. The relationship needs an upgrade to a near mutual 'punching' relationship, like with Thrall/Aggra, so that their personalities can at least combat.

- Alliance leaders need to react if they or their people are attacked and homes lost. Even a dialogue nod and a vague nod about action/inaction being taken would improve these forum situations drastically. Ashenvale, Southshore, and Gilneas are all examples.
+10 internets to you.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Wrong. A city with a leader who has tried to refrain from taking sides gets destroyed to give this fictional universe what, we feel, will be a good story.

See thats the thing though...recently it looks as if your guy's version of a good story is the developing the Horde using the alliance only as plot devices for that development.

I DO NOT WANT a tit for tat thing to come up...but even the underdog bites back eventually.
90 Human Mage
CFT
I can't wait to see Jaina AND Thrall kill Garrosh. You think Thrall's going to ignore this? HELL NO!

Both Thrall AND Jaina are going to mess Garrosh up. Big time. HE GUN DAI!
100 Night Elf Hunter

But you--and no one else frothing at the mouth about it--knows how that is going to play out.

No one.

And just because one questing hub is destroyed doesn't mean that another won't rise in its place.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

The Alliance has been burned a whole lot by this point Zarhym, and it's one thing to say that being burned is part of the story, but at this point the Alliance isn't even acknowledging that it's being burned. It's grown more difficult for us to take these promises at face value. The fact that apparently the only time the Alliance actually starts going toe-to-toe with the Horde is on Pandaria, which has very little emotional worth to Alliance players in comparison to, say, Lordaeron or Ashenvale, and that in itself annoys me.

It feels like Blizzard has written themselves into a corner here.
Community Manager

Hey, without all the other hyperbole, can we get a cinematic of Jaina spitting in Garrosh's face?

Hehe, I was actually picturing that. And it cuts to Varian doing a Herman Cain-style head turn and awkwardly slow smile, as one tooth sparkles and it ends with an iris fade to black.
85 Draenei Death Knight
i don't mind the attack I actually like the idea so long as we get to keep the city. damaged or not its an alli town.
74 Human Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:39 PMPosted by Marathel

You know, while I expect the same thing, that just doesn't seem Alliance-esque. It was to my understanding that Alliance and Horde were supposed to be two differently developed factions, with two different tones and emotions that go with that.

Realistically, Jaina getting mad and freezing and shattering Garrosh's skull, coupled with Varian blowing up Orgrimmar seems cool and all...But it doesn't really seem Alliance-y when you really think about what the Alliance represent.

No but a grand army of dwarves, paladins, sentinel snipers, war machines and cavalry bearing the full might of the greatest army in Azeroth would represent the Alliance.

Lots of paladins.

And then they're all stopped in their tracks by rain or something or an endangered squirrel crossing their path. Alliance is a joke faction based on pop culture and wacky hijinks. If you want to feel cool and special roll Horde. If you want to be the laughing stock of the village roll Alliance. Look at the sheer difference between the Alliance and Horde entering twilight Highlands at 84. So much more effort was put into the Horde version, you have to be insane to deny that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]