So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

90 Blood Elf Priest
...Can we just wait and see what's in store? Let's play the final patch on PTR first, then MoP. If we do not like what we see happening, then bring it to the forums and aggravate the blues.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He quoted a movie, a funny one at that, and some of you think that Zarhymn is mad? Come on the only people that are mad are the ones complaining about something that hasn't even happened yet or may not even happen.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Hey, without all the other hyperbole, can we get a cinematic of Jaina spitting in Garrosh's face?

Hehe, I was actually picturing that. And it cuts to Varian doing a Herman Cain-style head turn and awkwardly slow smile, as one tooth sparkles and it ends with an iris fade to black.

*SNORT* PFFFFT.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I have a feeling Garrosh will do it, which will piss of Thrall and cause Horde drama.
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/01/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Tazje
...Can we just wait and see what's in store? Let's play the final patch on PTR first, then MoP. If we do not like what we see happening, then bring it to the forums and aggravate the blues.

Exactly!
90 Human Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

Take out the pandas and that would be pretty cool!
3 Undead Warlock
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

OK, now you're talking....
I love the lore of the game but I honestly think the Alliance did get the shaft this expansion. The Horde get a epic quest for the Twilight Highlans involving a massive fly in with Garrosh. Alliance? You escourt The Princes in a boring scooby doo type mystery. Not only that, Varian doesn't even get off the throne to lead his forces in the Highlands.

The Worgen? Please, you made a big deal about them how you wanted them in since TBC but you give them a meaningless plot that goes now here. Why not have the Worgen have a actual story purpose? Goblins ARE EVERYWHERE! Almost every zone in Cataclysm has the Goblins in it now. Of course I mean the playable faction, not the neutral factions. You see a few Worgen in Hyjal, then they are evil because of the Dark Eternals. You wasted the Worgen honestly. The Dranei also are in the same boat. When did the Dranei do anything important in Wrath or here in Cata?

And why is Varian now a major player in this expansion? You made it sound like he would be awesome but he sits on his throne with his chin up. The books are good but we want stuff for him in game. Have a quest where he leads his forces, where he fights off people, or actually makes himself useful. Remember the Krom'Gar quest? Varian needed to appear in a quest like that.

Honestly, we need mre pro alliance stuff in MoP. We need a equal act that makes both sides ready to fight.
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull.

Which you won't do, because that would be a pretty awesome event. Garrosh finally bites off more than he can chew.

But no, Garrosh retains his Plot Armor and is allowed to further destroy everything Thrall tried to do when building the Horde.
85 Human Rogue
I can't wait to see Jaina AND Thrall kill Garrosh. You think Thrall's going to ignore this? HELL NO!

Both Thrall AND Jaina are going to mess Garrosh up. Big time. HE GUN DAI!

I think that could possibly be the worst direction, Blizzard could take. It would just make it look like Jaina is helping the horde again. She would have gone from being a diplomat to a straight up sycophant. If I was Varian, I'd already have her tried for treason for what she did at the Undercity. High fiving with Thrall over Garrosh's body would just be the final nail in the coffin for her.

85 Draenei Death Knight

Hey, without all the other hyperbole, can we get a cinematic of Jaina spitting in Garrosh's face?

Hehe, I was actually picturing that. And it cuts to Varian doing a Herman Cain-style head turn and awkwardly slow smile, as one tooth sparkles and it ends with an iris fade to black.

Actually, when I thought about it, I realized that the most likely scenario for Jaina to actually spit in Garrosh's face would be if she was captured during the assault on Theramore and he was interrogating her.

I don't really like the idea as much as I did when I thought about it.

Unless we could have her pull a Barron Harkonnen and have her spit in his face right as she pulls off the epic win, but that really just doesn't seem like her.
85 Draenei Hunter
guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze.

I subtracted a line.

This is what I'm still hoping will happen.
Edited by Littlebuster on 12/1/2011 1:47 PM PST
90 Undead Death Knight
Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.

You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

And worse, when it actually comes to pass, they will complain that you didn't follow their script!
15 Night Elf Druid

Meh..it's already too late to bother. It's already written and probably rendered on a base level.

But I for one will apologize for being hot headed. None of it really matters and being passionate won't change a thing.
So..I'm sorry.
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/01/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Zarhym
And it cuts to Varian doing a Herman Cain-style head turn and awkwardly slow smile, as one tooth sparkles and it ends with an iris fade to black.

Can we please have this? Please? Just tell the cinematic team to do it so that I can forever look at it when I'm feeling down.
Camp Taurajo is going to be avenged sooner or later. For the Horde ya'll!
Edited by Ryokoh on 12/1/2011 1:49 PM PST
89 Night Elf Death Knight
Great movie reference jokes are difficult to convey if it's not something people expect.

I missed it.

Personally, I think the hard part is that as a player, I don't have access to battleground logs and other PVP fights. The problem I foresee is that PVP gear is not always something people hold on to.

Long term, think of this situation as follows, if one is willing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZ9HhHU86o
(Spaceballs, when will then be now)
90 Blood Elf Priest
...Garrosh retains his Plot Armor and is allowed to further destroy everything Thrall tried to do when building the Horde.

You know, it wouldnt be that great of a story if everything that happened in it happened the way you wanted.
90 Human Paladin
I guess this is my complaint:

I want to see the Alliance actually do something meaningful. Not "invade" Undercity in some cut scene RP quest that has little, lasting effect. Not scream and yell about "war" while the Horde invades more and more territory. Not taking advantage of the Barrens being cut in half by Deathwing to assume "control" over one of the halves. And, no, burning down a level 25 quest hub doesn't count either.

I want to see the Alliance burn something down. Soemthing that's been there for a while. Something meaningful. Attack Orgrimar (don't care if it fails, just do it). Take back Undercity...or at least try to. Take back Ashenvale. Do something.

No more epic lore turning points that feature the horde kicking !@# or some important orc standing with dragon aspects.

Got my pitchfork and torch ready, just in case. :-P

As to the OP: my guess is either that Garrosh launches everything he can muster, potentially including some sort of betrayal by the deserters, with Jaina potentially more concerned *at the time* with getting as many to safety as she can...

Or she isn't in Theramore when the attack comes. She's left before, specifically for the Battle for Undercity events and for the pre-Shattering meeting in Stormwind. Something that takes her out of the city, either as simple as meeting with Varian and Anduin as friends or something more important like discussing a recently discovered continent with furry kung-fu fighters.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]