So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

12/01/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Yubaba
A horse never truly dies.

It's a shamanistic Horse.
81 Undead Rogue
Why do people keep saying that Thrall will be super mad when Garrosh wins battles for the horde? That was kind of the idea he had when he made Garrosh warchief.

I doubt that Garrosh will go up against Jaina alone. Also I'd be glad if she gets get power retconned to be weaker, somehow I feel like freezing Thrall/Sylvanas/Varian and ALL other horde and alliance forces in Undercity and then using mass teleport was kind of stupid.

Theramore and Jaina are the two biggest factors preventing Varian from going Total Logosh and genociding the lot of them. Upsetting her, or worse, hurting her is likely to get him the same treatment that Blackmoor got when he killed Theresa.
Going total Lo'gosh and killing everyone... pretty sure it's his lack of forces and being outsmarted by the horde that is keeping him from doing that. The Alliance and Horde are already in open warfare.
12 Orc Warlock
Why do people keep saying that Thrall will be super mad when Garrosh wins battles for the horde? That was kind of the idea he had when he made Garrosh warchief.

I doubt that Garrosh will go up against Jaina alone. Also I'd be glad if she gets get power retconned to be weaker, somehow I feel like freezing Thrall/Sylvanas/Varian and ALL other horde and alliance forces in Undercity and then using mass teleport was kind of stupid.

Theramore and Jaina are the two biggest factors preventing Varian from going Total Logosh and genociding the lot of them. Upsetting her, or worse, hurting her is likely to get him the same treatment that Blackmoor got when he killed Theresa.

I thought Varian already went total Logosh and genocidal in Wolfheart?
90 Gnome Warlock
Sorry I tried, just didn't have enough artillery,ammunition,we lost the air war and what's her face wouldn't use nukes.
90 Gnome Warlock
12/01/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Kiñetic
this is still going on??

It's an analysis of the plot element in a bubble. It's the same sort of commentary that a lot of us were pointing out in the original threads as well, though focusing mostly on Jaina's ability to /cry her enemies to dust. The terrain and the type of fortification being assaulted, as well as its support, makes any attack on Theramore suicidal on a good day so the whole thing is god awful from the word go.

Personally, I think they should have the war triggered by something else a little more subtle, immersive, and interesting than Garrosh grunting and lumbering across the field toward Theramore like the Orc from the TBC cinematic.
81 Undead Rogue
12/01/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Personally, I think they should have the war triggered by something else a little more subtle, immersive, and interesting than Garrosh grunting and lumbering across the field toward Theramore like the Orc from the TBC cinematic.
Now this is the alliances problem right here, while we are dropping nukes and throwing the plague at you you still haven't realized that the war started XD
85 Draenei Death Knight
12/01/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Yubaba
this is still going on??

A horse never truly dies.

Ehhh, I saw the lack of a "Theramore horde favoritism" thread, and thought maybe we could actually discuss the reality of whether or not Garrosh could actually manage to defeat Jaina in the field without all the favoritism stuff getting in the way.
85 Worgen Rogue
I don't think Thrally-Sue will be coming back any time soon. He doesn't want war with the Alliance. MoP is all about Horde VS Alliance, so that really only leaves Captain Rage to continue the war.
12/01/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Ðeathwaggle
Ehhh, I saw the lack of a "Theramore horde favoritism" thread, and thought maybe we could actually discuss the reality of whether or not Garrosh could actually manage to defeat Jaina in the field without all the favoritism stuff getting in the way.

Honestly they would probably just kill each other. I picture Jaina laying wastes to countless orcs until Garrosh enters the fray. Jaina is running on empty and Garrosh whacks her one but doesn't quite get an instant kill. Gives her time enough to throw out one last ice lance. Right thru his chest, coming from an upward angle that's maximum damage.
90 Gnome Warlock
True, but I don't think Blizzard will do much in that aspect. Seriously after the "epic" Varian quest chain comes around I'm gonna link the thread I made earlier today and see if it holds up to what I proposed. Odds are that it won't, theirs won't make much sense/be very interesting, where as mine at least has him doing something constructive.

Hope I'm wrong tho

Oh I'm sure you're right. The entire thing is coming around because they can write stories for the Horde, but they utterly fail at doing it for the Alliance (which is why they outsource everything related to the Alliance). Their solution to this problem is, rather than hiring dev team members able to write Alliance story, to just make the Alliance into a Horde clone with their story being entirely centred on Varian and Varian alone (because, apparently, the only part of the Alliance that deserves story development is King Chin).
90 Night Elf Druid
i think we should let it happen before discuss it

btw, there is more things involved in a war then just "x is stronger than Y"
theramore is in kalimdor, far from stormwind and darnassus, a full attack there could be able to burn it all before reinforcements arrive
when you are in peace, you dont prepare that much, specially if you are a Orc lover like Jaina is.

i just hope that with this, Jaina open her eyes
actually i think that is where blizzard is going, giving a reason to start a real 4 war in Azeroth
and if you think, just for a moment, alliance couldnt be the one that would start the war again

i think there is alot of potential with this, using SWTOR for a example, where you fight the opposite team in dungeons. Dungeons like that, where you go in and defeat a horde/alliance general would really be cool
and i still hope that i'll be able to kill garrosh, even if its like, "oh i have 1 hp and now i'll runaway"
89 Night Elf Death Knight
Let's try this Deadliest Warrior style:

The problems revolve around the different styles of core abilities the two major lore opponents have. Jaina is a mage, mainly frost; it has been said that leaders don't worry about single spec's. Garrosh is a warrior; again, with all specs, Garrosh edges out in melee.

The problem is that the tactics needed from Jaina just to CC and fight-control Garrosh may lead to a weakness in the city's defenses, as in, she can't be keeping Garrosh locked down and also prevent goblin sappers, per say, from being teleported in via some Horde mage special forces team member that is slipped into the city, past most of the major defenses.

Lastly, before the list below: what about the Theramore Deserters? They must come from somewhere, and they're apparently more than willing to let peoples' heads roll just to see their "traitor" queen, Jaina, lose her city to the "people" (their opinion) that Jaina saved from the wrath of her father.

Ranged: Jaina (Must keep him from Melee)
Close-In: Jaina (She's in danger here)
Melee: Garrosh (molly womp in Melee: Plate wearing Warrior versus Cloth Mage? Not good.)
100 Worgen Warrior
I predict the Horde will use nukes. Aka The Big Bomb from Stonetalon Mountains. When you have WMD's Numbers and strategical advantages such as terrain do not matter.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]