So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

81 Undead Rogue
12/01/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Nsx
These stupid posts should have an [ RP ] before them so I dont waste my time reading them. !@#$ I hate role players!
You might want to learn what RP is before using the term buddy.
93 Gnome Warlock
12/01/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Griimreaper
Now this is the alliances problem right here, while we are dropping nukes and throwing the plague at you you still haven't realized that the war started XD

My racial leader is still busy being foiled by a level 30 mob in Gnomeragan so you can't blame him for being wholey unawares. The Night Elves think their neighbours are just being roudy because they denied them a cup of sugar last week, and King Chin is too busy watching Velen be a better father than he ever was to Anduin.
Oh I'm sure you're right. The entire thing is coming around because they can write stories for the Horde, but they utterly fail at doing it for the Alliance (which is why they outsource everything related to the Alliance). Their solution to this problem is, rather than hiring dev team members able to write Alliance story, to just make the Alliance into a Horde clone with their story being entirely centred on Varian and Varian alone (because, apparently, the only part of the Alliance that deserves story development is King Chin).

I did state in my post that they could use my idea in full lol. I'm willing to work for free, if money is an issue when it comes to Alliance lore.
93 Gnome Warlock
These stupid posts should have an [ RP ] before them so I dont waste my time reading them. !@#$ I hate role players!

Lore nerds are not RP'ers, though many lore nerds probably RP. Either way this isn't the thread you think it is.
Lore nerds are not RP'ers, though many lore nerds probably RP. Either way this isn't the thread you think it is.

Lol so what you're really saying is
"These aren't the complaints you're looking for" /jedi
90 Gnome Warlock
I told you already I could have taken him down with one nuke using atomic annie. Stupid peaceniks,too busy hugging trees.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Any opinions on: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657427722?page=2#38

?

?

I've already stated my opinion. They'll kill each other.
85 Night Elf Death Knight

Nobody is role playing. Do you mean you don't care about lore? Then why would you even click on a Theramore thread?

?

That is starting to seem more and more likely. The problem is that Jaina basically is getting put into the pity party patrol, and then dies? How is that a constructive message?

I say, if she dies, at least do it like Samuel L. Jackson wanted Mace Windu to go: not as a weak death, like it was in the movie (punked, I think it was), yet somehow epic that makes life even more interesting for everyone that fought there.
That is starting to seem more and more likely. The problem is that Jaina basically is getting put into the pity party patrol, and then dies? How is that a constructive message?

I say, if she dies, at least do it like Samuel L. Jackson wanted Mace Windu to go: not as a weak death, like it was in the movie (punked, I think it was), yet somehow epic that makes life even more interesting for everyone that fought there.

You're expecting a little much with that one. It's kind of sad when the forums can consistently provide better story ideas than paid writers.
85 Night Elf Death Knight

I want a ticked off Jaina with the oceans rising behind her, flames surrounding her, with all kinds of arcane shooting from her fingertips. It looks really good in my head anyway.
I'm not sure I'm long for this game, at this point.

From what I can tell with the Blue post in the long thread on Cata compared with Wrath, the Blues seem to think that a character from the Alliance at any point remains Alliance even after they've gone neutral. This seems like a too-many-coats situation: unless it's required, why wear more than one? People see their factions differently than Blizzard does.

Wrath may have had some formerly strong Alliance characters (Tirion, Darion), and they remained strong. The problem I see is that no matter what, after they left the Alliance and went neutral, how is the fact that they are human somehow overriding the fact that any Horde member with reputation can talk to them and not die?

They're yellow to start, not red, to use a pretty common nameplate reference.
85 Draenei Death Knight
12/01/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Bomdanil

Yeah, I'm much more of a lore nerd and alliance fanboi than I am an RPer.

Of course, I'm not even as much an alliance fanboi as I am a "wth is up with all these Horde fanbois?" non-conformist.

85 Draenei Death Knight
I don't think, as I've already said, that Jaina will go supersaiyan without everyone in Theramore dying before she does.

As I said, this woman indirectly killed her own father, to save the Orcs lives, by telling them how to 1) Destroy the armada of destroyers guarding Theramore and 2) How to get into Theramore.

Rexxar killed her father because she told him how. I hold her allegiance and her morals in low regard. There is no proof she would give a damn if everyone on Theramore died.

Jaina killed her own father to prevent a 4th war. A 4th war that would have very likely cost much more lives than her father's and the ships that were lost. That and her father was clearly the aggressor in said war.

There is a huge difference between trying to prevent a war and letting someone kill your own people and burn your house down.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't think, as I've already said, that Jaina will go supersaiyan without everyone in Theramore dying before she does.

As I said, this woman indirectly killed her own father, to save the Orcs lives, by telling them how to 1) Destroy the armada of destroyers guarding Theramore and 2) How to get into Theramore.

Rexxar killed her father because she told him how. I hold her allegiance and her morals in low regard. There is no proof she would give a damn if everyone on Theramore died.

Oh, I think she'd care. For example, look at how she reacted at the start and end of PoS, when the bunches of helper people got killed.

Personally, I think the Rexxar thing was basically triage. She sacrificed a few humans to save not only the orcs, but also set the grounds for a peace (even if it fell apart in a few years). By helping him kill her father, she basically proved to the Horde that not all humans were their enemies, and managed to avert a full-scale war between the two. Now, if she had simply ported in and killed him herself, then that would have saved a lot more lives on both sides, but meh.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
okay, I admit I am skipping 3 pages, but I just have one question:

Is Jaina as powerful as everyone claims her to be?

I know lore and that say she is a powerful, if not one of the most powerful mages in the world, but a) even she needed help against the Burning Legion in the Battle of Mount Hyjal, and b) one person against an army? come on!

Orgrimmar is much closer to Theramore than Stormwind or any other Alliance capital, and the reinforcements in the area wouldnt be enough to stop a mass army of orcs.
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh, what a wonderful thing to become aware of. The Alliance losing MORE ground to the horde.

Shall we hand over Stormwind and bend over a rail next?

We need to seriously start using those gnomish nukes. Heavily. Irridation on a gnomer scale all throughout Orgrimmar.
Edited by Xenose on 12/1/2011 12:03 PM PST
81 Undead Rogue
okay, I admit I am skipping 3 pages, but I just have one question:

Is Jaina as powerful as everyone claims her to be?

I know lore and that say she is a powerful, if not one of the most powerful mages in the world, but a) even she needed help against the Burning Legion in the Battle of Mount Hyjal, and b) one person against an army? come on!

Orgrimmar is much closer to Theramore than Stormwind or any other Alliance capital, and the reinforcements in the area wouldnt be enough to stop a mass army of orcs.
The amount of power a certain character wields seems to fluctuate every time they show up =/
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]