So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

88 Dwarf Warrior
You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

I'm more interested in the Alliance response than the actual Theramore incident. That will be the deciding factor to whether you guys actually listened to the valid complaints made or not.

And that is something you should've expanded on. Not that one of our capital cities was going to be sacked, but how we, as Alliance, were going to stop running.

This is what I'm curious to see as well. If this is handled the same as Soutshore, Gilneas, and every other conflict in Cataclysm then it shows Blizzard doesn't listen to their customers. If the Alliance retaliates, and retaliates HARD then they'll restore my faith in them.
82 Undead Rogue

I'm more interested in the Alliance response than the actual Theramore incident. That will be the deciding factor to whether you guys actually listened to the valid complaints made or not.

And that is something you should've expanded on. Not that one of our capital cities was going to be sacked, but how we, as Alliance, were going to stop running.

Capital city? Wich one?
I'd consider Theramore as important as any other alliance capital except Stormwind, some people just think that only 1 capital per race is the rule, that is wrong.
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Sparkplüg
Capital city? Wich one?

In lore Theramore is one of the one of the few remaining large and powerful human cities and an Alliance capital. Implementing that in game would have given the Alliance one more capital than the Horde so it is not portrayed as such in WOW.
Edited by Kankizik on 12/1/2011 12:47 PM PST
85 Draenei Death Knight
Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.

You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

I mean, I could go back to screaming horde favoritism if you'd prefer that :-P
12/01/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Sparkplüg
Capital city? Wich one?

Theramore is considered the Kalimdor capital of Kul Tiras. Jaina is also considered a faction leader.
82 Undead Rogue
Our quest hub is destroyed to give the Horde and alliance a good story.
Fixed that for you =)

Edit: quoted more than i meant to.
Edited by Griimreaper on 12/1/2011 12:47 PM PST
15 Night Elf Druid
Does it really matter?
Quest hub gets destroyed....Horde wins...Alliance is forced into to the swamp.
I doubt you'll see much of anything come from it Alliance side. That's how it goes.
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Griimreaper
Fixed that for you =)

Don't hold your breath.
41 Gnome Priest
Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.

Will the Theramore story go like this?

- Jaina leaves to go grocery shopping
- Garrosh's large army hiding in the bushes pops up and quickly burns down Theramore
- Jaina comes back and cries and then stands next to Varian in SW as he gets ready to become Warchief of the alliance with an epic collection quest

Anyway, it was strange that the only news they felt should be revealed was Theramore getting destroyed RIGHT after Blizzcon. I think the think is Alliance haven't been given any news on what they get

"Oh but that's where you're wrong! Alliance will have a presence on the new continent! And an NPC with the Kul tiras symbol will be in one of the bases!"

I think the thing is Cataclysm WAS NOT your best work in terms of how they developed the alliance....because they didn't develop them. Victories are one thing, but when you are questing in a warzone and you are doing more side quests or not participating in battles (or seeing anything you do change the zone) it's just a bad experience "Oh we lose here move one" "We won but pull out anyway" or you just lose and they don't seem to care.

The alliance needs personality, that's one thing they didn't get and most of the story (especially the worgen that lose their story after the starting zone) felt very incomplete and rushed.
Edited by Healstime on 12/1/2011 12:51 PM PST
85 Goblin Shaman
12/01/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Shenanagins
Capital city? Wich one?

Theramore is considered the Kalimdor capital of Kul Tiras. Jaina is also considered a faction leader.

Theramore is a quest hub.

Jaina is not a faction leader. Else, we would have to kill her to get For the horde. Thats like saying lorderon belongs to the alliance. Get on with the time. The Alliance capital city in Kalimdor are The Exodar and Darnassus. Stop trying to make things bigger than they actaully are. It makes all your complaints about being on the losing side worthless as you cannot even bring the fact correctly.

As per losing more territory than the horde, you have to realise you had more territory to begin with so it's currently making the number equal...
Blizzard Employee

Except it's not speculation.

After the Broken Front, we were promised that the Alliance was going to get to do something.

That didn't happen.

When rumors of Cataclysm's skewed questing experience were leaked, we were promised the Alliance was going to get to fight back.

That didn't happen.

When Cataclysm started and the Horde ran roughshod over us, we were told to be patient and we'd have our chance.

That didn't happen.

This is your fourth promise. You've failed to deliver on all three before. If you put your hand on a hot iron three times and each time burns, it's insane to think that THIS time, it might be cool.

This is no longer speculation. This is logical deduction.

Surely, you can't begrudge us this. You've given us nothing else to go on.

I didn't promise anything just now. And that kind of speaks to all of the other claims you've made about our broken "promises" of the past. It's difficult to have a sensible discussion if you read everything we say as an absolute commitment that will have an immediate follow-through within the course of a patch cycle.

"Well, we specifically promised X would happen, but let's go back on that. The Alliance just aren't very cool and I don't want to make playing that faction feel good." This isn't a black-and-white world we live in. And rarely do we make promises, much less guarantee time frames. Sorry. It just doesn't work that way. This game has too many moving parts and is too complex for us to just immediately swing the pendulum every time it feels too heavy on one side.
85 Goblin Shaman

Surely, you can't begrudge us this. You've given us nothing else to go on.

I didn't promise anything just now. And that kind of speaks to all of the other claims you've made about our broken "promises" of the past. It's difficult to have a sensible discussion if you read everything we say as an absolute commitment that will have an immediate follow-through within the course of a patch cycle.

"Well, we specifically promised X would happen, but let's go back on that. The Alliance just aren't very cool and I don't want to make playing that faction feel good." This isn't a black-and-white world we live in. And rarely do we make promises, much less guarantee time frames. Sorry. It just doesn't work that way. This game has too many moving parts and is too complex for us to just immediately swing the pendulum every time it feels too heavy on one side.[/quote]

I can't even remember if we got the pony...

EDIT : WOW I raelly messed up the quotes tag by trying to cut some...
Edited by Sparkplüg on 12/1/2011 12:54 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior

Yeah, no kidding? Maybe... maybe you should try leaking something that could calm the Alliance down? It'd be nice to know that we aren't just a plot device for the Horde.

One of the most irritating things about it isn't "The Alliance bravely stands against the Horde invading Theramore, but fail", it's "The Horde destroys Theramore". It's always the Horde doing things! The Alliance can't make its own events. The one time in Cataclysm where we took action was Southern Barrens... where we were painted as monsters. It's just silly.
85 Undead Hunter
OP is seriously stubborn. No amount of reason could ever get through to him, but it's nice to see the skull try.
82 Undead Rogue
12/01/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Sparkplüg

Theramore is a quest hub.

Jaina is not a faction leader. Else, we would have to kill her to get For the horde. Thats like saying lorderon belongs to the alliance. Get on with the time. The Alliance capital city in Kalimdor are The Exodar and Darnassus. Stop trying to make things bigger than they actaully are. It makes all your complaints about being on the losing side worthless as you cannot even bring the fact correctly.

As per losing more territory than the horde, you have to realise you had more territory to begin with so it's currently making the number equal...
You shouldn't make out lore based on game mechanics, I guarantee you Theramore is FAR more important to the alliance than the Exodar.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore,

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!
Edited by Lorien on 12/1/2011 12:56 PM PST
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Sparkplüg
Jaina is not a faction leader. Else, we would have to kill her to get For the horde.

Next you'll say the people killed by the Cataclysm should just walk back to their corpses and rez.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]