So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

85 Undead Priest
An army of the Horde against a small colony on Kalimdor? One mage isn't going to make a differ ever played WIII?
41 Gnome Priest
I didn't promise anything just now. And that kind of speaks to all of the other claims you've made about our broken "promises" of the past. It's difficult to have a sensible discussion if you read everything we say as an absolute commitment that will have an immediate follow-through within the course of a patch cycle.

"Well, we specifically promised X would happen, but let's go back on that. The Alliance just aren't very cool and I don't want to make playing that faction feel good." This isn't a black-and-white world we live in. And rarely do we make promises, much less guarantee time frames. Sorry. It just doesn't work that way. This game has too many moving parts and is too complex for us to just immediately swing the pendulum every time it feels too heavy on one side.

- Why do both sides win in Stonetalon
- Why don't alliance quests mention Southshore
- Why don't the night elves retaliate after the blowing up of the neutral druid school
- Why doesn't New Feathermoon do anything?
- Why is the Worgen story completely forgotten after the stating zone (except playing through as forsaken you get a bit more)
- Why doesn't Varian do anything?
- Why isn't Tyrande doing anything with the horde taking over more of Ashenvale?
- Why doesn't Malfurion (or Cenarius) seem to care about the destruction of Ashenvale?
- Why is Tirion ignoring the Forsakens defiling of the newly cleansed land in WPL and raising new undead?
- Why was the alliance intro to Twilight highlands removed and replaced with a black out?
- Who is going to replace benedictus?
- Why can the horde set up metal bases (Barrens) as fast as the alliance can set up tent? And will alliance ever get bases that aren't under construction?

I could go on and on, but there are just SO many things that just seem thoughtless on the alliance side. It's not like people are asking for "alliance need to win now". They just want a questing experience that makes sense and, even if you lose, is still inspiring.

The thoughtfulness on alliance in Cataclysm just wasn't there.
Edited by Healstime on 12/1/2011 1:02 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/01/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Zarhym
This game has too many moving parts and is too complex for us to just immediately swing the pendulum every time it feels too heavy on one side.

Oh, so we don't even have a promise of retribution in MoP. That's just... what. What. I can't even dredge up emotion for this. I can't do this anymore.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/01/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Kankizik
Capital city? Wich one?

In lore Theramore is one of the one of the few remaining large and powerful human cities and an Alliance capital. Implementing that in game would have given the Alliance one more capital than the Horde so it is not portrayed as such in WOW.

It is the largest human stronghold the alliance holds in Kalimdor but it has never been considered a capital of the alliance. Its not even Jainas real home as she only went there after Medivh convinced her that she needed to evacuate to Kalimdor. For the most part Theramore is simply the primary military base and trading port for the humans in Kalimdor.
Community Manager
I'd like to point out that the leaked story isn't "Theramore gets attacked," it's "Theramore gets destroyed."

Destroyed.

Our quest hub is destroyed to give the Horde a good story.

Wrong. A city with a leader who has tried to refrain from taking sides gets destroyed to give this fictional universe what, we feel, will be a good story.

Why would you interpret this as something to give only the Horde good story? Do you remember the full quote translated from Taiwanese? Here:

The whole war will be ignited during the world event which leading the game into Mist of Pandaria. Theramore will be destroyed and the leaders of Alliance were outrageous at this matter and completely devote themselves into the war, which reach its peak on the continent of Pandaria. The Horde and the Alliance literally fought on the homeland of Pandaria, which pissed the pandarens off.

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
90 Human Paladin

You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

I don't know, mang...all we know is that Theramore gets blowed up. No report about that happening to any horde cities. It's obviously way too soon - and we know way too little - to draw any conclusions. But, if past precedent remains the order of the day, this is just another story about the Alliance getting the shaft and the horde getting to the ones putting the wood.

Don't get me wrong, I like being the underdog. That's why I switched to alliance so many years ago. But the fact that I knew I was the underdog 4 years ago - and I still know it now - isn't such a good thing.

Just my 2cents
90 Human Warlock
Quoth the Threa, Nevermore.
90 Dwarf Warrior

Theramore is a quest hub.

Jaina is not a faction leader. Else, we would have to kill her to get For the horde. Thats like saying lorderon belongs to the alliance. Get on with the time. The Alliance capital city in Kalimdor are The Exodar and Darnassus. Stop trying to make things bigger than they actaully are. It makes all your complaints about being on the losing side worthless as you cannot even bring the fact correctly.

As per losing more territory than the horde, you have to realise you had more territory to begin with so it's currently making the number equal...
You shouldn't make out lore based on game mechanics, I guarantee you Theramore is FAR more important to the alliance than the Exodar.

Yeah. If it was Exodar being destroyed, nobody would give a crap. The Draenei would actually be thrilled that someone is paying attention to them! Even if it's horribly negative attention.
15 Night Elf Druid
Wow....so negative.
I have to wonder if posting on the forums is a good idea when you are so angry Zar.
81 Undead Rogue
Wrong. A city with a leader who has tried to refrain from taking sides gets destroyed to give this fictional universe what, we feel, will be a good story.
I haven't done southern barrens quests on horde or alliance but I do believe she failed to refrain from taking sides since I don't see how else the alliance could have gotten there if not through Theramore.
Theramore is a quest hub.

Jaina is not a faction leader. Else, we would have to kill her to get For the horde. Thats like saying lorderon belongs to the alliance. Get on with the time. The Alliance capital city in Kalimdor are The Exodar and Darnassus. Stop trying to make things bigger than they actaully are. It makes all your complaints about being on the losing side worthless as you cannot even bring the fact correctly.

As per losing more territory than the horde, you have to realise you had more territory to begin with so it's currently making the number equal...

Wow you got a whole lot out of one sentence. Theramore, in lore, IS considered a capital city. Jaina, in lore, IS considered a faction leader. Considering she leads the kingdom of the Theramore, which consists of mostly Kul Tiras refugees from the Third War. Lore wise Theramore is a smidge smaller than Orgrimmar.

This is all from offically sanctioned lore that Blizzard signed off on. So no it's not making things bigger than they are.

Also you don't have to kill Mekkatorque, Greymane, or Vol'jin for the achievements so I guess they aren't faction leaders are they?

Next up:
Who mentioned anything about who was winning/losing anyways? It wasn't me. Bringing up an obvious off topic complaint someone else made to disprove an unrelated point makes your complaint completely and utterly worthless. Simply bringing up the "losing side of the war" isn't even remotely on topic and simply shows you can not even comprehend one simple sentence.

Also I would like to know where I mentioned anything about losing territory? Cause I don't remember stating anything about that. Please actually read what people post before opening your mouth and allowing the ignorance that sits idle in your brain to spew out in a technicolor yawn.
15 Night Elf Druid
Yeah. If it was Exodar being destroyed, nobody would give a crap. The Draenei would actually be thrilled that someone is paying attention to them! Even if it's horribly negative attention.

Truth.
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Quard
If it was Exodar being destroyed, nobody would give a crap. The Draenei would actually be thrilled that someone is paying attention to them!

Post of the day.
90 Troll Hunter
12/01/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Enekie
Is it too much to ask that we be given a little bit more than "it gets destroyed?"

In his defense, it hasn't even happened yet. You don't know what'll happen.
85 Undead Hunter
Wow....so negative.
I have to wonder if posting on the forums is a good idea when you are so angry Zar.

It's a discussion. Maybe you're reading it in the wrong tone, but that's your problem.
Community Manager
Does it really matter?
Quest hub gets destroyed....Horde wins...Alliance is forced into to the swamp.
I doubt you'll see much of anything come from it Alliance side. That's how it goes.

You've proven one thing. It's not worth my time to debate such wild assumptions right now. I don't know why I keep clicking on threads with "Theramore" in the title anymore.

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.
41 Gnome Priest
12/01/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Quard
Yeah. If it was Exodar being destroyed, nobody would give a crap. The Draenei would actually be thrilled that someone is paying attention to them!

lmao
85 Draenei Paladin
12/01/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

I think the only attack Plan I would be happy with is: http://i.imgur.com/OyJEu.jpg
At least than Chekhov's gun principle would be met.

What many of us are wary about Zarhym is that factors the Alliance has will be forgotten or artifically written out. Jaina's ability to mass teleport for instance. Another being Kul Tiras, a powerful naval army island - if those are not acknowledged or even explained to as why they failed it will be harder to hold the suspension of disbelief.

Note also that all this event does is develop Garrosh's abilities, where as the Alliance is only victimized. At least in my Goblin Cannon example there would be collateral damage.

Community Manager
Will the Theramore story go like this?

- Jaina leaves to go grocery shopping
- Garrosh's large army hiding in the bushes pops up and quickly burns down Theramore
- Jaina comes back and cries and then stands next to Varian in SW as he gets ready to become Warchief of the alliance with an epic collection quest

It worked for Sam Houston.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]