So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

90 Night Elf Hunter
12/01/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Karat
I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

I'm thinking Zarhym's a bit fed up with the constant whining/complaining since that blog was released.

I agree. And I'm also very curious about the destruction of Theramore and it's ramifications, and am very willing to wait to see how it all plays out--instead of spinning "facts" out of moonbeams and fairy dust.

In all, I engaged by Wow's storyline. My only complaint is that sometimes major plot developments happen not in-game but in the books, comics and manga, like the return of King Varion, Fandral Staghelm's reveal, escape and capture, or Thrall and Aggra's romance. In fact, if those events had been incorporated in the game as Thrall's abduction and fight against the elements had been, then a lot of the favoritism and lore disconnect complaints would not even an imaginary basis.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next in the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance.

90 Human Warrior
Wrong. A city with a leader who has tried to refrain from taking sides gets destroyed to give this fictional universe what, we feel, will be a good story.

Is that "good story" going to be written in a way that makes the Alliance feel good about our character? Is Theramore going to be like Thermoplyae or is it going to be like Andorhol?

Is the Alliance going to go out with a whimper, where our questgiver just says "You lost. Next zone please." like in any number of our quest zones during Cata, or are we going to go down in a blaze of glory that fills us with righteous anger and zealotry? Will there be a heroic final stand against the odds or a "Kill 6 Orc Scouts"?

The act of Theramore being destroyed in and of itself is irrelevant. The quality with how the fall is presented to us as players is what's important.
Edited by Turagent on 12/1/2011 1:06 PM PST
60 Orc Warrior
12/01/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down there Zarhym.

I like you. A lot of us do. You seem to be getting really wound up here lately, especially in these types of threads. Most of us would hate to see you go the way of the legendary Tseric. :\

People may be blowing things way out of proportion, or going about things the wrong way, but they do have some seriously legitimate complaints. I think we should all calm down a bit instead of being so heated.
85 Goblin Shaman

Theramore is a quest hub.

Jaina is not a faction leader. Else, we would have to kill her to get For the horde. Thats like saying lorderon belongs to the alliance. Get on with the time. The Alliance capital city in Kalimdor are The Exodar and Darnassus. Stop trying to make things bigger than they actaully are. It makes all your complaints about being on the losing side worthless as you cannot even bring the fact correctly.

As per losing more territory than the horde, you have to realise you had more territory to begin with so it's currently making the number equal...
You shouldn't make out lore based on game mechanics, I guarantee you Theramore is FAR more important to the alliance than the Exodar.

The lore is being made over a city getting sacked. The fact the developper enver considered theramore enough of a capital to label it as such should tell people it is not a capital. Are we supposed to say the horde has been occupying an Alliance capital since day 1 because lorderon is another Alliance important city? GIve em a break. The capitals are clrealry shown on the map. I don't give a hoot if people don't care about Exodar. It is the drenaei capital and the human capital has been stormwind since day 1. Theramore was a city including a quest hub. It's getting sacked same as the the towns who got burned/plagued/destroyed before int he lore. For people on the losing side, well I am sorry. You choosed the side with more to lose...

Just for all of you to remember, the current horde leader is similar to the one the orcs had in warcraft 1 and 2. Maybe thats the kind of scenario they are currently building. Ya know when the alliance was on the brink of destruction and then one lower leader in tides of darkness "betrayed" the current leader (omg could that be Zul'jin future?) wich sent the horde on a landslide of defeats? I wonder if they could amke it happen? I meant the pieces for a puzzle like that are totally not in place right...
90 Undead Priest
Thrall will destroy Theramore
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Because how else are we to take it? You're destroying a city. You're removing content from a faction that already has far too little going on. What do the Alliance get to do during this? Is it too much to ask that we be given a little bit more than "it gets destroyed?"

You're asking us to swallow yet more losses, yet there's nothing to indicate we're even needed in this. We feel like Quest NPCs, not even players, much less heroes.

Yes, because giving Jaina a indisputable reason to fight the Horde couldn't be a trigger for actually having the Alliance do something. I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee good things will happen, but figuring out that they could use it as a good lead-in isn't exactly rocket science.
You've proven one thing. It's not worth my time to debate such wild assumptions right now. I don't know why I keep clicking on threads with "Theramore" in the title anymore.

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

Whoa whoa whoa! Zarhym I think you need to chill out dude. You're acting in a way that would get anyone of us a forum vacation.

Goosfrabba. Say it with me. Gooooofraaaaabba.

I understand your frustration with being made into the bad guy but look at it from our prespective. We didn't open this can of worms, you guys did. Everyone neds to take a step back and look at this objectively
Edited by Shenanagins on 12/1/2011 1:07 PM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
12/01/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Zarhym
You've proven one thing. It's not worth my time to debate such wild assumptions right now. I don't know why I keep clicking on threads with "Theramore" in the title anymore.

-There is alot more than 'wild assumptions' going on in those threads Zarhym.-

Did you not read player's view on the utter neglect the Alliance experiences, beyond simple win/lose victories?

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

What alot of players are bitter and pessimistic about is the 7+ years Tyrande stood around only to become arm candy while Ashenvale was wrecked. The 4+ years the Draenei have been all but forgotten. The many years the Gnomes haven't done much of anything outside of Gnomerregan. It goes on for the Alliance, the Cataclysm was the time to change that..

All those years hurt. It is alot of wasted time hoping that could have been spent enjoyed and fostering a community's pride.
Edited by Clovyn on 12/1/2011 1:12 PM PST
Community Manager
I think the thing is Cataclysm WAS NOT your best work in terms of how they developed the alliance....because they didn't develop them. Victories are one thing, but when you are questing in a warzone and you are doing more side quests or not participating in battles (or seeing anything you do change the zone) it's just a bad experience "Oh we lose here move one" "We won but pull out anyway" or you just lose and they don't seem to care.

The alliance needs personality, that's one thing they didn't get and most of the story (especially the worgen that lose their story after the starting zone) felt very incomplete and rushed.

Fair enough.
90 Human Mage
Can you geniuses take a hint? Blues can't spoil the story. So why on earth would Z be saying he wished they didn't spoil this plot point? Why on earth is he telling us we're blowing this out of proportion and making HUGE assumptions? Because we're obviously missing a LOT of information. Why else would he intervene?

Sure Theramore gets destroyed. But what if thats just PART of the story? What if that causes the Alliance to freaking Nuke tons of Horde cities or Jaina gets SERIOUS revenge? He's not going to spoil what the whole story is, so stop yelling at the poor dude and stop assuming Theramore gets destroyed and that's it. There's more to this story and the Blues CONSTANTLY drop hints and tell us that everyone is blowing the out of proportion and that there's things we do not know.
Edited by Bombmagic on 12/1/2011 1:09 PM PST
15 Night Elf Druid
Does it really matter?
Quest hub gets destroyed....Horde wins...Alliance is forced into to the swamp.
I doubt you'll see much of anything come from it Alliance side. That's how it goes.

Not sure why you do either. They all go the same way..and I'm not sure why you're surprised this one did as well.

Not much I can say to that since you've decided quite clearly that I'm irrational and felt the need to shame me. Obviously my opinion doesn't matter, and I'm aware it never did.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Seriously? People are still all over that Theramore Drama, speculating and getting angry at something that has not even happened yet?

This world never stop to amaze me.

85 Night Elf Priest
My guess is that Jaina is assassinated before the real attack begins. Garrosh might even do it himself. Jaina might be a little wussy, but she's OUR wuss. In any case, I think it'd be enough to send Varian into a "murder all orcs" insano-frenzy.

Maybe we find out that Garrosh has some funny whispers in his head telling him what to do, grows some tentacles and we have to kill him.

Anything could happen. Remember, the old gods aren't gone...they're still pulling strings. If you haven't seen a picture of a "Sha" yet, you might recognize what they look like.

Going out on a limb, I'd guess that the Pandaren theme is largely a first tier (maybe two) deal. We're going to find out that there's old god whispers all over the place.
73 Human Death Knight
You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

I'm more interested in the Alliance response than the actual Theramore incident. That will be the deciding factor to whether you guys actually listened to the valid complaints made or not.

And that is something you should've expanded on. Not that one of our capital cities was going to be sacked, but how we, as Alliance, were going to stop running.

Don't bother. If Blizzard makes Alliance awesome in MoP the Horde fanboys will just harp over and over that "Blizz gave into Alliance babies QQ". Seriously the way Horde players are acting on the forums remind me of that "Teacher's pet" stereotype. A snotty little brat wit ha superiority complex that acts all high and mighty because he's the favorite and can get away with things. Quite amusing to see them post and try to act all mature and refined in an attempt to create a false public image compared to their true colors seen at Blizzcon.

Remember that guy that said he plays Alliance for 7 years and he was instantly boo'd? He also acted humble about it. Then Mr. Metzen had the nerve to say something along the line of "What's with all these Alliance questions? Don't worry Horde we have awesome stuff in store for you."
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Sparkplüg
The lore is being made over a city getting sacked. The fact the developper enver considered theramore enough of a capital to label it as such should tell people it is not a capital.

Already addressed. It isn't a capital in WOW because that would mean an unequal number of capital cities.

The capitals are clrealry shown on the map

Stop using game mechanics as the basis of your views.
90 Human Mage
12/01/2011 01:11 PMPosted by Shadowclam
Why else would he intervene?

Going slightly off topic:

Because we have pie?

touche!
90 Tauren Druid
Whether I personally believe there is a horde bias or not is largely irrelevant to what I am about to post, so I'll just accept for the sake of argument that there isn't one.

The whole Theramore thing still bugs me.

Look, Jaina is one of the most powerful archmages in Azeroth. Yes, some of you will say Jaina is a peacenik, and frankly you're largely right, but even the smelliest hippy in the world will fight when you try to burn their house down. Jaina would not just let someone come into her house and mess it up. Anyone should realize this.

Now, let's check the other side. Who does the Horde HONESTLY have that could pull off burning down Jaina's place.

Sylvanas might be able to pull it off, but she's a bit busy up in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms and besides, fire isn't her style; she'd use the plague.

Lor'themar? Come on, that guy hasn't left Silvermoon since he was put in the game.

Baine? Jaina helped him out with his father's death, for some reason I doubt he'd do it.

Vol'jin? He hates Garrosh more than any of the alliance leaders. If he does anything it'll be a coup.

Gallywix? MIA since the start of Cata. He ain't doing it.

That leaves Garrosh. No one has ever accused this orc of being a mental giant, and frankly no one ever will, but he's the only leader that isn't either too busy, too apathetic, or too even minded to do anything to theramore.

Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.

Theramore was already waterlogged and torn apart by flooding from the cataclysm. Camp Taurajo was perfectly fine, yet you Alliance barbarians tore it to the ground and burned us Tauren alive. Yes it might be bad lore, but you people have 0 right to say Blizzard favors the Horde. It seems like this 'favoritism' idea was thrown out by some idiot troll who got a lot of posts and now everyone with an alliance toon makes one to get tons of posts. I know i might be contributing to this childishness by posting, but this needs to be said.
Edited by Korlek on 12/1/2011 1:14 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]