So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

90 Dwarf Warrior
Can you geniuses take a hint? Blues can't spoil the story.

Then I guess... I guess what I want is for one of the blues to go find out some positive and interesting development in Alliance lore for MoP. Not to go ask Metzen if there will be any, but ACTUALLY go out and find what it is. Then, come back and tell us that they saw it with their own two eyes. They don't have to tell us what it was! Just that it exists. Not that it's planned to exist, either; we all know how that went for the TW intro. That no matter what, I will experience it IF I buy the expansion. Otherwise... well, I might not be buying the expansion.
85 Undead Hunter
Seriously? People are still all over that Theramore Drama, speculating and getting angry at something that has not even happened yet?

This world never stop to amaze me.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could make a thread like this when there are absolutely no details to give outside of that. It's both amusing and somewhat depressing at the same time.

I get that people feel pride for their factions, that's good. What annoys me is when they take it to this level. You have to remember that Theramore being destroyed is part of a story. A story that is made into a game.

What kind of horrible story would never have anyone or anything ever be destroyed or hurt in any way? A terrible one.
Edited by Taigh on 12/1/2011 1:14 PM PST
Community Manager
12/01/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Lorien
Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore,

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.
100 Undead Warlock
I seem to recall before WotLK was released, people got all in a tizzy because, on the beta, Garrosh (in Borean Tundra) made a reference to "the razing of Orgrimmar". Everyone freaked out: "WE'RE LOSING OUR CAPITAL CITY".

Then it turned out it was just a world event where there was an attack on the city but Orgrimmar didn't go anywhere.

Maybe we should wait and see?
85 Human Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

Wait, what?
85 Draenei Death Knight
Wow....so negative.
I have to wonder if posting on the forums is a good idea when you are so angry Zar.

It didn't seem to me like he started that way.

Does it really matter?
Quest hub gets destroyed....Horde wins...Alliance is forced into to the swamp.
I doubt you'll see much of anything come from it Alliance side. That's how it goes.

You've proven one thing. It's not worth my time to debate such wild assumptions right now. I don't know why I keep clicking on threads with "Theramore" in the title anymore.

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

Whoa buddy, calm down a bit there.

Keep in mind that your little blue response icon to the side probably brought a lot of attention to the thread in and of itself.

I was just saying I didn't see anyone on the horde side who would do it except Garrosh, and I don't think he can pull it off.

Sure, there may be some sort of something I don't know about, but please don't have Jaina getting outdone by Garrosh. He's an idiot, a hothead, and a bad leader besides.

And frankly, I feel that this point has been overlooked a lot in the "OMG it's horde favoritism" threads that we've had to date.
Edited by Ðeathwaggle on 12/1/2011 1:18 PM PST
85 Goblin Shaman
12/01/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Kankizik
The lore is being made over a city getting sacked. The fact the developper enver considered theramore enough of a capital to label it as such should tell people it is not a capital.

Already addressed. It isn't a capital in WOW because that would mean an unequal number of capital cities.

The capitals are clrealry shown on the map

Stop using game mechanics as the basis of your views.

They used theramore for peace talk when the twilight cult sent garonna in hope of getting varian killed. The alliance would enver use a capital for peace talk with the horde.
Every single story in this game is terrible. Seriously.
41 Gnome Priest
I demand Kul Tiras appear in 4.4!

Massive Armada! Alliance D Day!

Gogogogogogo

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

If the Alliance was really mobilizing for War, not using Kul Tiras' navy would be like fighting with both arms tied behind their back.
85 Draenei Paladin

Can the other Alliance races have a part? Another trouble with the Alliance is that it is entirely human-centric, even moreso than the Horde is Orc-centric. Alot many more roles can be filled by the other races than were allowed in Cataclysm.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Daiyu
Quite amusing to see them post and try to act all mature and refined in an attempt to create a false public image compared to their true colors seen at Blizzcon.

You are aware that not everyone goes to Blizzcon, right? Even aside of things like mob mentality, judging the entire faction based on one small sampling is a bit idiotic. It'd be rather like my assuming that all Alliance players are whiny idiots with persecution complexes because of a few threads. If you want to call me a fanboy, feel free, but I'd rather you actually judge me based on what I say, rather than my portrait color.

Then I guess... I guess what I want is for one of the blues to go find out some positive and interesting development in Alliance lore for MoP. Not to go ask Metzen if there will be any, but ACTUALLY go out and find what it is. Then, come back and tell us that they saw it with their own two eyes. They don't have to tell us what it was! Just that it exists. Not that it's planned to exist, either; we all know how that went for the TW intro. That no matter what, I will experience it IF I buy the expansion. Otherwise... well, I might not be buying the expansion.

Honestly, I don't really think that would change much of the whining. A lot of people have axes to grind, and would much rather assume that the blue(s) is/are lying than admit that they're being excessively vitriolic.
Edited by Karat on 12/1/2011 1:21 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Again, we don't want this. We don't want sweeping victories. We're just tired of sweeping defeats and being swept under the rug. Sweeping in general.

Destroy all brooms.

Hell, I'd take the sweeping defeats if we at least looked badass while doing them. The valiant defenders always look good.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly instead of jumping to conclusions based on no proof just wait to see what happens, all we know is theramore is destroyed. We have no clue what the alliance response is yet maybe it enrages them so bad they destroy silvermooon occupy orgrimmar or completely beat the horde at every turn for the next few battles.

Point is we do not know and we will not know til the story happens so why not just sit back enjoy latest patch and wait for the story to come?
100 Human Paladin

Id pay to see that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]