So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

90 Tauren Druid
Poor Zarhym. You jerkwads have made one of the best Mods on these forums crack. GG cool kid allies.

I don't blame him for being snarky or rude. He has answered your questions time and time again, but you continue to scream to the heavens that the answers provided aren't good enough. DEAL WITH IT. They aren't going to ruin their entire story, or reveal all of it ahead of time, just to soothe your super emotional attachment to a fictional grouping of characters in a fictional game.

Generally, when people no longer enough a book series, or a story, they stop reading it. They don't go screaming to the authors, wailing at them that they are entirely wrong and misguided and unfair and blah blah blah.
85 Undead Hunter
He's an idiot

Sometimes.

a hothead

Usually.

and a bad leader

He has actually shown to be a very capable leader. Yes though, his hot-headedness has impaired his leadership.
90 Night Elf Hunter
One thing i'm rally curious about, after redoing the majority of the 1-60 content and the major changes to which faction has which zone under their control, with the mention of Theramore being used as part of the MoP storyline, is there any chance you guys plan to make other changes to zones you updated in Cata?

I only ask because each i send an alt to pick up the AV quests as they level up through the battlegrounds, i'm faced with the sad reminder of the loss of Southshore, not even a flight point in the zone for the Alliance anymore =/

I know The story has to evolve and things can't remain static forever, but coming from a PvP realm i have so many memories of random world PvP between Southshore / Tarren Mill, Please could we regain Southshore in MoP? Personally (speaking for myself) it would suck to have Southshore remain in it's current state for another expansion, especially one that seems to promise to bring the war between factions to the forefront.

(Sorry for not having a better word to use than "suck" , may not be the best descriptive wise, but it's honest at least)
100 Human Paladin
12/01/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Healstime
If the Alliance was really mobilizing for War, not using Kul Tiras' navy would be like fighting with both arms tied behind their back.

Assuming the island wasnt destroyed by a massive tidal wave caused by the Cataclysm
85 Goblin Shaman
Wow....so negative.
I have to wonder if posting on the forums is a good idea when you are so angry Zar.

It didn't seem to me like he started that way.

You've proven one thing. It's not worth my time to debate such wild assumptions right now. I don't know why I keep clicking on threads with "Theramore" in the title anymore.

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

Whoa buddy, calm down a bit there.

Keep in mind that your little blue response icon to the side probably brought a lot of attention to the thread in and of itself.

I was just saying I didn't see anyone on the horde side who would do it except Garrosh, and I don't think he can pull it off.

Sure, there may be some sort of something I don't know about, but please don't have Jaina getting outdone by Garrosh. He's an idiot, a hothead, and a bad leader besides.

And frankly, I feel that this point has been overlooked a lot in the "OMG it's horde favoritism" threads that we've had to date.

What if most of the horde fleet was sent and the battle happened before the alliance could send reinforcement? The port in azshara is MUCH closer to theramore than the one in eastern kingdom. Then number in itself gets to be a quility. No matter how good your troups are and how much courage they have, you can burn the city to ruin by just bombarding it from afar turning it to dust without much being possible as defense.
85 Draenei Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

Hey, without all the other hyperbole, can we get a cinematic of Jaina spitting in Garrosh's face?
100 Blood Elf Mage
Poor Zarhym. You jerkwads have made one of the best Mods on these forums crack. GG cool kid allies.

I don't blame him for being snarky or rude. He has answered your questions time and time again, but you continue to scream to the heavens that the answers provided aren't good enough. DEAL WITH IT. They aren't going to ruin their entire story, or reveal all of it ahead of time, just to soothe your super emotional attachment to a fictional grouping of characters in a fictional game.

Generally, when people no longer enough a book series, or a story, they stop reading it. They don't go screaming to the authors, wailing at them that they are entirely wrong and misguided and unfair and blah blah blah.

Thank you.

And HUGZ to Zar!
81 Undead Rogue
Why is this thread moving so fast =(
74 Human Death Knight
12/01/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Spartanos
I bet all this burning is caused by Jaina herself... I mean nobody has though about so I'm just going to put it here. Perhaps she was testing some stuff and everything went wrong...?

I wouldn't doubt that. I mean with all of the garbage she got away with in the past, if she did blow up Theramore Varian would just pat her on the head and say everything will be all right. If anyone else pulled the crap she did Varian would have had them executed for treason.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Theramore get destory hmmm.... posible it can be done. Take a look at Theramore the only way in and out is two bridge and south, east and west is cover by water. A good number of ship firing from south, east and weast can easy destory it walls and forts.

And if you have done the quest in Theramore, you know there are deserters and Grimtotems near by.. that can be easy cross over to the Horder side and can attack from the North..

Partically Theramore place is like a sitting duck right at the Middle...
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Griimreaper

Cause there's a blue tag next to it.
10 Goblin Rogue
12/01/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Griimreaper

Blue posts do that.
100 Undead Priest
Haha, I can't wait for Mists of Pandaria to come out. Sooooo many preconceived ideas on what it's gonna be like.
85 Undead Hunter
you jerkwads have made one of the best Mods on these forums crack

The mods usually do well at keeping out of any sort of forum discussion. Most likely in hopes of people not blowing a simple discussion out of proportion like that. It's only human nature to sometimes just want to try to get a point across though, no matter how thickheaded some of these people can be.
Edited by Taigh on 12/1/2011 1:26 PM PST
85 Draenei Death Knight
12/01/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Isaldur
And if you have done the quest in Theramore, you know there are deserters and Grimtotems near by.. that can be easy cross over to the Horder side and can attack from the North..

The deserters would NEVER join the Horde. Their main objection to Jaina's leadership is her friendliness toward the horde and her betrayal of her father.
74 Human Death Knight
You shouldn't make out lore based on game mechanics, I guarantee you Theramore is FAR more important to the alliance than the Exodar.

Yeah. If it was Exodar being destroyed, nobody would give a crap. The Draenei would actually be thrilled that someone is paying attention to them! Even if it's horribly negative attention.

If I played on your server I would send you a thousand gold.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow....so negative.
I have to wonder if posting on the forums is a good idea when you are so angry Zar.

It didn't seem to me like he started that way.

You've proven one thing. It's not worth my time to debate such wild assumptions right now. I don't know why I keep clicking on threads with "Theramore" in the title anymore.

And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

Whoa buddy, calm down a bit there.

Keep in mind that your little blue response icon to the side probably brought a lot of attention to the thread in and of itself.

I was just saying I didn't see anyone on the horde side who would do it except Garrosh, and I don't think he can pull it off.

Sure, there may be some sort of something I don't know about, but please don't have Jaina getting outdone by Garrosh. He's an idiot, a hothead, and a bad leader besides.

And frankly, I feel that this point has been overlooked a lot in the "OMG it's horde favoritism" threads that we've had to date.

Actually if you keep up with the lore Garrosh has proven to be quite the capable leader, and pretty smart tactically, he's not the dumb whiny emo he was in nagrand any longer.
100 Tauren Warrior
GALLYWIX GOES ON A MAD LAND GRAB BONANZA

I KNEW IT
12/01/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Thallida

Weeeeeeell two things.

1) No one forced him to reply in this thread, at least as far as the rank and file players know of. Yes there's been a lot of talk on the forums lately regarding the "Horde bias" but nothing that required him to jump into the middle of. The fact that people took their anger out on him is unfortunate but then again most of the complaints are valid.

2) Actually his job is to not be snarky and rude. Or at least it's a part of his job. Everyone has their off days, but still he more than anyone should be subject to the forum rules. When the people enforcing the rules aren't subject to them is when abuses start happening.

He began flaming because he is frustrated at being labeled as the bad guy. I agree with the "don't shot the messenger" statement but had he been a normal poster he could have been reported and could have gotten a vacation.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]