Fury's Deep Wound nerfed as well ??????

90 Orc Warrior
12/06/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Mesmir
Arms ftw i pull 24k in HoT new dungeons 378ilvl

Those new dungeons are not really a good show for meters, I pull really obscure numbers from 32k to upwards of 46k.
Edited by Jackjagalos on 12/6/2011 12:39 PM PST
When are the realm gonna come back up??
85 Worgen Warrior
http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T13H.html
Is this blizzards way of balancing classes, Fire going from one of the lowest dps in the game to the top? GG blizz
blizzard will never fix warriors, i swear...
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I play for 7years this class and when we are top dps after a patch or extantion the next one we got nerf and the next after nerf again.

so when we gone be balance whit others class??

look like i will reroll Retpally for this patch.

85 Orc Warrior
However, you are possibly overestimating even the raw dps / hps competency of many of these casual guilds. The range of player quality in casual guilds is VERY wide, with many of these types of raids having wide variation of player quality within each raid. It's common to have situations like a 10m with two reasonably strong dps players effectively trying to carry three others that are sub-par.

DPS is not a forgone conclusion in casual raids. Start trying to carry a few weak or irregular players (which is entirely common with a lot of guilds) and phases start to stretch out longer than they should, adds die slow, start approaching some enrage timers, etc…and it puts much more pressure on the tanks and especially healers, who are not necessarily oozing with competence themselves.

Excessive dps is typically the backbone of being able to faceroll content.

The notion that these guilds are not doing "progression"…. Not true. Casual guilds are absolutely doing progression, just at a different point in content. Instead of trying to kill the final heroic boss or build up heroic achieves, they're trying to kill the first heroic boss…or finish normal mode…or get normal achieves… Each guild group reaches a point somewhere in the content that things get hard and they have to work to progress further.

Yes, coordination might be their limiting factor in some of those instances, but it is entirely common for dps to be a limiting factor or that lack of dps puts much more pressure on their coordination and healers.

My point is that something like 10% more dps from a certain class in raid is just as important for casual guilds trying to progress as it is for competivive guilds. It's even arguable that it is even more important for the casual guilds because they never actually "finish" progression like competitive guilds eventually do, and casual guilds rely much more heavily on brute force to complete content than competitive guilds who can fall back on solid coordination.
I agree. Balance does matter at lower skill levels, and a raid with weak specs/classes has to be better (re: more skilled) than one with strong specs/classes, merely to complete the same content.
90 Human Warrior
My point is that something like 10% more dps from a certain class in raid is just as important for casual guilds trying to progress as it is for competivive guilds. It's even arguable that it is even more important for the casual guilds because they never actually "finish" progression like competitive guilds eventually do, and casual guilds rely much more heavily on brute force to complete content than competitive guilds who can fall back on solid coordination.

Boarg has stated the problem perfectly and concisely. We aren't all going to take this as seriously as Landsoul, but whatever level of play you want to participate in, I think that fury warriors should be able to feel as good about their class as any other player might feel about his or her class. With the drastic extent of this latest nerf, my love for playing my warrior is definitely strained. For most of us, World of Warcraft is a game played for the fun and enjoyment. When it stops being fun and enjoyable, people stop playing.
85 Human Warrior
fun to me has nothing to do with the damage i do. i will always be and play fury because it fits my play style the best. yeah, id love to be top dps but swinging 2 big ole hammers into someone or somethings face is more satisfying to me than hitting top dps. dont get me wrong, we definitely need some kind of buff, but if you enjoy a specific spec dont let the damage come between you and fun.
90 Orc Warrior
Something id like to say, my old numbers for baelroc were 30k. tonight I pulled 32k in the same gear (I rarely get an upgrade as an OS) but! I was in 25 man this time, and that might have made a difference.
85 Gnome Death Knight
12/06/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
Something id like to say, my old numbers for baelroc were 30k. tonight I pulled 32k in the same gear (I rarely get an upgrade as an OS) but! I was in 25 man this time, and that might have made a difference.

Don't you think you will have more "BUFF" in a 25m?

Even 10m with and without a warlock, our mage or shadow priest have more than 6k dps different.

/sigh, wow player quality dropped so much
90 Orc Shaman
12/06/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Jackjagalos

Of course it made a difference.
90 Worgen Warrior
Is this blizzards way of balancing classes, Fire going from one of the lowest dps in the game to the top? GG blizz

This is patchwerk style, some of those multi dotting classes will go through the roof on most fights, few are 1 big fat patchwerk standing still. Our shadow priest beat me by around 14k on madness, yes he has legendary and haste buff benefits him a great deal, but 14k? Thats massive multi-dotting, we just cant do.

I just dont understand this need to force certain classes to the top. Theyre pures they cant do anything else, well hows a fury warrior meant to tank heroic progression? Sure they can do it but they'll suck in offspec gear. Why get your dps in offspec gear over your tank? Oh the tanks away and you'll ask that DPS to play a new role to benifit 'the group'. Sure we can tank dungeons, wow thats a sort after roll isnt it? so sort after theres bribes to get people to tank them. So for helping the group, you get sub par DPS. Thanks for your help sucker.

Its not about being given top spot, it about being competitive and earning it. Regardless of class we're all DPS and judged by the meters. This is what drives the competitive players, they look to push that extra few %. But if you know your starting with a forced handicap and simply cant match equally skilled / geared people then whats the point?

That simulation looks bad for us, this is where blizz want us? 10k behind other DPS (before AoE and multi dotting). Anyone care for a foot race? Only we'll chop your feet off before we start.
Edited by Jackripster on 12/7/2011 1:58 PM PST
85 Gnome Death Knight
Seems Blizzard closed this issues. They won't do anything until toward the end of this patch like ret pal in 4.2.

90 Orc Warrior
12/06/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Lonelyy
Seems Blizzard closed this issues. They won't do anything until toward the end of this patch like ret pal in 4.2.

If they seriously wait till an expansion, that is some grade A derp
85 Human Warrior
The deep wounds "fix" now reduces our damage to where they wanted so they could AT LEAST gives us back the 5% damage now and call it even if not then they just gimped us too hard this season and it's not even fair it's okay to receive the nerf with no compensation, but this accidental second nerf is a bit uncalled for an they need to revert our previous nerf if their bug fix already serves to nerf our class. I can't purchase wow time for my girlfriend if I don't even know if I'm even going to be playing this season really with blizzard screaming take your money back until we hotfix your class. Not like my damage was anywhere near a mage in any regard so it's not like we EVER needed fixing. Guess they were blind an hit fury with the nerf aiming for mages.
(I just realized today I'm working hard for gear this season to realize the sad fact that I'm working hard to do "FAR" less damage than last season and I realize it every second)
Edited by Roseofasyut on 12/7/2011 2:28 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Deep Wounds should now be correctly activated by critical hits from Opportunity Strike, Raging Blow, Heroic Leap, and Intercept.

Look though they fixed something for us... That is going to do absolutely nothing for us. BUT THEY FIXED IT!!

In the end we only get response and fixes when they are nerfs to us one way or another. AKA why no blue post after a week worth of data which should be plenty hasnt reposted on here with an update... Guess 20 pages isnt enough... What's the max amount of pages/posts before we need to remake a new thread?
85 Worgen Warrior
Reverted a bug fix that caused Bombardment to be consumed by the next Multi-Shot. Fixing this bug proved to be a significant dps loss, so Bombardment once again lasts for its full 6 second duration regardless of the number of Multi-Shot casts. The tooltip will be updated in a future patch to reflect that this change is intended.

Reverted a bug fix... Ok soo this sounds just like our deep wounds... Revert the bug fix and we wont have 20 pages on one thread talking about this...
Edited by Grosh on 12/7/2011 7:11 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
12/07/2011 07:10 AMPosted by Grosh
Reverted a bug fix that caused Bombardment to be consumed by the next Multi-Shot. Fixing this bug proved to be a significant dps loss, so Bombardment once again lasts for its full 6 second duration regardless of the number of Multi-Shot casts. The tooltip will be updated in a future patch to reflect that this change is intended.

Reverted a bug fix... Ok soo this sounds just like our deep wounds... Revert the bug fix and we wont have 20 pages on one thread talking about this...

This is hilarious... they realize that fixing a bug was a DPS loss, so they compensated (or rather, made a bug into a feature).

Yet here we sit...
90 Orc Warrior

This is patchwerk style, some of those multi dotting classes will go through the roof on most fights, few are 1 big fat patchwerk standing still. Our shadow priest beat me by around 14k on madness, yes he has legendary and haste buff benefits him a great deal, but 14k? Thats massive multi-dotting, we just cant do.

I just dont understand this need to force certain classes to the top. Theyre pures they cant do anything else, well hows a fury warrior meant to tank heroic progression? Sure they can do it but they'll suck in offspec gear. Why get your dps in offspec gear over your tank? Oh the tanks away and you'll ask that DPS to play a new role to benifit 'the group'. Sure we can tank dungeons, wow thats a sort after roll isnt it? so sort after theres bribes to get people to tank them. So for helping the group, you get sub par DPS. Thanks for your help sucker.

Its not about being given top spot, it about being competitive and earning it. Regardless of class we're all DPS and judged by the meters. This is what drives the competitive players, they look to push that extra few %. But if know your starting with a forced handicap and simply cant match equally skilled / geared people then whats the point?

That simulation looks bad for us, this is where blizz want us? 10k behind other DPS. Anyone care for a foot race? Only we'll chop your feet off before we start.

The real issue is that while plenty of Hybrids have pretty significant utility there are certain specs that have essentially none. DPS Warriors can tank or they can DPS but the cooldowns that cross those divisions have massive tradeoffs that are almost not worth using. I mean, I used Shield Wall to save myself last night on H Morchok but it was a one time deal and my DPS plummeted because of it. If our DPS is going to be one of the lowest then we need more utility or something to offset it because before this patch, the only thing we had going for us was our outstanding DPS.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]