Fury's Deep Wound nerfed as well ??????

1 Human Rogue
12/10/2011 02:01 PMPosted by Mathben
troyzilla was arms on that fight here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_SWEdv7pyQ

Yes he was arms and getting tricks the whole fight so him being on top means nothing.
Juveynile was fury and was 6th overall at 39k and considering he has gotten a ton of gear upgrades the past 2 weeks that isn't great compared to the other classes.
90 Orc Warrior
12/10/2011 02:01 PMPosted by Mathben
troyzilla was arms on that fight here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_SWEdv7pyQ

oh cool cool, I just assumed fury looking at his armory, he is aimed toward it, and(Holy crap he got a 2nd DW sword, tons of deeps)
85 Human Warrior
Come on Blizzard, you got this..let's ease you into the right choice, 5% buff to our physical damage an you can keep your deep wounds nerf or 40% buff back into deep wounds damage and 5% nerf to physical, because honestly your quote Bug may have been the only thing keeping our damage worth using over the damage and extra abilities of other classes an spec's you took our stun and our mastery I'm cool with that, but can I please enjoy the end of cata like the other classes please :)
Make my Christmas present to myself an wow time worth the payment, I'll remember it next year if it's actually enjoyable.
85 Worgen Warrior
yes i agree

buff arms
85 Worgen Warrior
In 4.3, we fixed a bug where Deep Wounds was benefiting from the 40% auto attack bonus from Precision. Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

From what we have seen so far, Fury’s damage is still where we want it to be in 4.3. We will see how things change as more data comes in.

This was posted when very little data was gathered. Yet that little amount of data was enough for Blizzard to think that they see fury damage where they want it to be, but definitely not enough data to see that the damage is too low. Funny how it works...

I wasn't going to post at first, but I do want to express my feelings towards this after all.
Notifying all of the warrior community early via patch notes about 5% incoming nerf is ok. It's not fun to be nerfed, but at least we were given time to prepare for what was coming.

Hotfixing something on a patch day that results in approximate 5-7% overall damage nerf in addition to the originally announced nerf is definitely not ok. Even before one could agree or disagree with a nerf, this was a very unprofessional move by Blizzard.

For one, the mechanic that Blizzard hotfixed was not a game breaking. It was clearly just a very handy reason to nerf us further.
Why Blizzard didn't care to gather some data first to see where fury damage is after 5% damage nerf is applied, before nerfing us further?

If Blizzard made their decision to nerf us based on PTR data then why weren't we notified. Professional way to handle this would have been to announce what Blizzard thought about fury dps and state the reasons of their actions.

I realize that the blue who responded to this thread probably doesn't know much about the class balance and is just a messenger, but such a response is just a big slap into the face to the whole warrior community.

It all starts with ghostcrawler's post on dev's watercooler saying that out of the top of his head he sees fury damage is too high, so we get the memo that it will get nerfed, which is fine.

Then, we get a more specific update from blues, explaining how this nerf will be applied which is 5% damage reduction. That's fine as well.

However, before any legitimate data is gathered, Blizzard hotfixes a non-game breaking mechanic just to nerf us further with no notice and more importantly before gathering enough data they come back to us and say they still see us where they want us to be.

It just doesn't make sense. After all this time, I guess I shouldn't be surprised about Blizzard, but it is still very frustrating and not fun to experience this.
Edited by Grimraven on 12/11/2011 8:35 AM PST
In 4.3, we fixed a bug where Deep Wounds was benefiting from the 40% auto attack bonus from Precision. Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

From what we have seen so far, Fury’s damage is still where we want it to be in 4.3. We will see how things change as more data comes in.

This was posted when very little data was gathered. Yet that little amount of data was enough for Blizzard to think that they see fury damage where they want it to be, but definitely not enough data to see that the damage is too low. Funny how it works...

I wasn't going to post at first, but I do want to express my feelings towards this after all.
Notifying all of the warrior community early via patch notes about 5% incoming nerf is ok. It's not fun to be nerfed, but at least we were given time to prepare for what was coming.

Hotfixing something on a patch day that results in approximate 5-7% overall damage nerf in addition to the originally announced nerf is definitely not ok. Even before one could agree or disagree with a nerf, this was a very unprofessional move by Blizzard.

For one, the mechanic that Blizzard hotfixed was not a game breaking. It was clearly just a very handy reason to nerf us further.
Why Blizzard didn't care to gather some data first to see where fury damage is after 5% damage nerf is applied, before nerfing us further?

If Blizzard made their decision to nerf us based on PTR data then why weren't we notified. Professional way to handle this would have been to announce what Blizzard thought about fury dps and state the reasons of their actions.

I realize that the blue who responded to this thread probably doesn't know much about the class balance and is just a messenger, but such a response is just a big slap into the face to the whole warrior community.

It all stats with ghostcrawler's post on dev's watercooler saying that out of the top of his head he sees fury damage is too high, so we get the memo that it will get nerfed, which is fine.

Then, we get a more specific update from blues, explaining how this nerf will be applied which is 5% damage reduction. That's fine as well.

However, before any legitimate data is gathered, Blizzard hotfixes a non-game braking mechanic just to nerf us further with no notice and more importantly before gathering enough data they come back to us and say they still see us where they want us to be.

It just doesn't make sense. After all this time, I guess I shouldn't be surprised about Blizzard, but it is still very frustrating and not fun to experience this.

This ^
90 Troll Warrior
However, before any legitimate data is gathered, Blizzard hotfixes a non-game braking mechanic just to nerf us further with no notice and more importantly before gathering enough data they come back to us and say they still see us where they want us to be.

This is my biggest issue. Seriously, where's the connection in logic here? If fury's dps was slightly high in patch 4.2, and they knew that the damage was inflated by this deep wounds bug, why would they not simply fix the bug first, and then see where our damage is and if we need to be further nerfed? And why did they wait until after patch day to inform us of the bug fix?

Makes absolutely zero sense.
Edited by Obzen on 12/11/2011 9:13 AM PST
85 Tauren Warrior
12/11/2011 07:57 AMPosted by Obzen

This is my biggest issue. Seriously, where's the connection in logic here? If fury's dps was slightly high in patch 4.2, and they knew that the damage was inflated by this deep wounds bug, why would they not simply fix the bug first, and then see where are damage is and if we need to be further nerfed? And why did they wait until after patch day to inform us of the bug fix?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

I'd say its because Balance department and bug fixing department work independently.
85 Worgen Warrior
Well, I wouldn't necessarily agree that it's an easy task to make the right changes to achieve a perfect balance for classes but at least don't make rushed changes such as hotfixes unless things are clearly broken.

Somehow the game was not broken with precision affecting deep wounds for the entire 4.2 Patch but yet once 4.3 hits, this is a such game breaking issue that it gets hot fixed. I personally think, Blizzard just needed an excuse to nerf us further but hopefully I am wrong.
90 Worgen Rogue
Warriors have been "Sunwelled"
Bumping because this needs to be addressed soon. The current state of Fury is not ok.

Our damage is not competitive. Please give us our 5% back, or revert the change to deep wounds.
87 Worgen Warrior
Bump till we get fixed.
85 Worgen Warrior
Dont just make a post saying to bump... It will cause the blues to look at this just to lock and delete the thread. Put in that you agree with the rest, or I'm having the same issue etc. But don't say Bumping to fix.
Doesn't matter what you write in here, we will remain the weakest melee in WoW.

Best thing to do is get SWTR Tuesday.

/Problem sovled
85 Worgen Warrior
Oh we will have our 5% or the deep wounds fix on Tuesday... I'd almost bet cause you know blizz releases content when a major game comes out and then you also know they make fixes when some game comes out. Magically they will come Monday Night/Tuesday Morning say HEY WE GOT OUR DATA here is a buff, and it wont be 5% but itll be like 10% to make sure we stay and dont go to SWTOR...

Or... GC and his clones are to busy tossing 60k as a mage and laughing at everyone else and enjoy it and wont do anything about it... Seems odd you let blizz employees play this game on live realms and such... Bias can happen so easy, oh hey you play a mage, rogue, etc etc ok well lets buff those classes so we are leet.
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/11/2011 08:49 PMPosted by Grosh
Oh we will have our 5% or the deep wounds fix on Tuesday... I'd almost bet cause you know blizz releases content when a major game comes out and then you also know they make fixes when some game comes out. Magically they will come Monday Night/Tuesday Morning say HEY WE GOT OUR DATA here is a buff, and it wont be 5% but itll be like 10% to make sure we stay and dont go to SWTOR...
Hotfixes don't need to be on tuesday.
Edited by Ceratisa on 12/11/2011 9:26 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]