Fury's Deep Wound nerfed as well ??????

I've had Deep Wounds as my #3 damaging ability on almost every fight since i can remember. All of the sudden, deep wounds is at #8. Plus, my dps is no where near where it was before the patch, not to mention i've gotten several significant upgrades. We're way beyond 5% physical damage nerf. Something's broken :(
85 Orc Warrior

The clock is ticking guys, there is no way I'm going to pay my subscription to raid 8 bosses as a completely borked spec for six months. I will totally sacrafice myself for the good of the whole.

Time to get off your butts and give us some customer service.
85 Worgen Warrior
I think this is why they had people sign up for that year contract subscription.... So when something like this happens you are kind of stuck still.

But on topic.. Is it that hard for a blue to respond.
85 Worgen Warrior
Thats awesome. I hope over to MMO... Bug Fixes... Mages a list of stuff.. Warrior garbage. Nothing that actually means anything.
91 Dwarf Warrior
12/02/2011 05:10 AMPosted by Grosh
Thats awesome. I hope over to MMO... Bug Fixes... Mages a list of stuff.. Warrior garbage. Nothing that actually means anything.

Not just warriors, read all of them. They're all icon changes or utility spell changes.

The only actual number changes (i.e. damage changes) are for Fire mages, and they're buffs.

Blizz logic is strange.
85 Worgen Warrior
So my guess is that blizzard just doesn't care about us cause they know us warriors... We will fight through all the nerfs and stuff they send us and still come out good cause well we are afterall the most skilled players on any class ;-D
85 Blood Elf Warrior
The damage from a single crit of Deep Wounds in either hand has correct tick sizes.

However, I am noticing weird things happening and would say that it's BUGGED and not nerfed:

• It ticks 7 times sometimes, when critting with auto-attacks within 1s of eacthother, and the 2nd crit's input is delayed 2 seconds, dealing damage on the 2nd tick
  • It ticks 8 times sometimes
  • Spell crits such as Avalanche no longer produce DWounds
  • Multiple Whirlwind crits only put DWounds on one target
  • Multiple Herioc Leap crits no longer produce DWounds
  • Off-Hand Raging Blow no longer produces Deep Wounds
  • Main-Hand Raging Blow sometimes doesn't produce Deep Wounds
  • Fiery Attack no longer produces Deep Wounds
  • Intercept no longer produces Deep Wounds
  • Dual-Critting MH+OH Raging Blow either does not produce Deep Wounds, or only provides 5 ticks

I'm probably going to make this list bigger!

I'm the kind of fury warrior that listens to the guy who makes the most complete fury warrior spreadsheet around. I'm also the kind of guy who would like to know if these changes are intentional or bugs.
Edited by Ragesidian on 12/2/2011 9:13 AM PST
85 Orc Warrior
"Working as intended."
85 Blood Elf Warrior
12/02/2011 08:12 AMPosted by Bloodletters
"Working as intended."

http://nooooooooooooooo.com

ok so i've edited this a dozen times. i've tried a dozen different ways to do links/hyperlinks and i just get a line of code on submit.
1) i need to l2 use preview button
2) how do i makes link
Edited by Ragesidian on 12/2/2011 8:28 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
So how many pages till we actually get a post saying anything about this. I'm guessing the thread will be deleted before getting a response.

I wonder what EU is saying, going to check there forums
Edited by Grosh on 12/2/2011 8:26 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Fury deep wound damage dropped by quite a lot since 4.3 went on live.From being 15-16% of our dmg done it is now at 8-10%.

Is there any confirmation that this is a bug and if it is,does blizzard intend to fix it?

Having both the 5% nerf and the dw "bug" nerf makes fury warrior feel quite underpowered to the rest of the melee classes.

All the logs i checked point at the same direction,for some reason dw dmg is very low.I'm also fishing for some kind of confirmation, maybe even an answer from an admin saying they noticed, and it is intenional/bug.

Yep, Deep Wounds has been registering as but...5-7% of my damage done over the course of the past couple of nights 4.3, as Fury. Live tests and dummy tests, DW is certainly not performing how it should be. The stack not getting updated could well be the problem, and yeah, it's quite a concerning one.

I'd LIKE to think this is just some unintentional bug, as this nerf brings us far and beyond the 5%(which was an appropriate nerf for us-we needed a little tuning down.) But this Deep Wounds nerf is pretty enormous for not being told anything, so I'm going to err in the side of optimism here(I'll likely get bitten in the rear end for this) and say that it may just be some unintentional thing(that I'd still like to see fixed.)

Though it working normally for Arms and Prot worries me. I did notice while tanking I wasn't having a problem with it.

Really, if this is a stealth nerf, it's pretty huge and IMO rather un-needed on top of the damage nerf. I really, really, despise stealth nerfs and changes. If you're going to nerf an extra ability of ours by an immense amount, just tell us so we aren't poring over our logs and wondering why our damage is sorta messed up compared to how much it should be lowered by.

I'd say they are having issues to on the EU Side. But we all know this just Blizzard doesn't or well doesn't want to fix it cause we are warriors, oh heck even give us a response, HEY WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS
85 Human Warrior
A small patch was just launched maybe they fixed the deepwounds issue but i could be wrong.
Edited by Cloudspikè on 12/2/2011 8:52 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Think that is just what was listed on MMO, but guess we can hope its not that... but that is what it is, it was just to fix fire mages dps so its better is all.
85 Orc Warrior
12/02/2011 08:51 AMPosted by Cloudspikè
A small patch was just launched maybe they fixed the deepwounds issue but i could be wrong.

definitely not. I've done a couple dungeons and my deep wounds is still hovering around 7-8% of my total damage at most.
85 Worgen Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657438283?page=1#12

Landsoul has a Bug report open for this. Comment here also so we can hopefully get someone to look at this and get a hot fix before ideally this Tuesday at the latest.
85 Worgen Warrior
^^ all comments on this to that webpage... Keep the posting n bumping up on this. Lets get this fixed
85 Worgen Warrior
Good Stuff
90 Troll Hunter
My deepwounds damage is also coming in significantly lower than pre patch. Would love it if we can get some more data gathered and post somewhere that is more visible for blues to verify. Even if it was nerfed it would be nice to get confirmation.

EDIT:
Adding data here, our recent kill of ultraxion. My uptime is almost 100%, DW damage came in at 6.8%

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xf679ffdx74yc9kl/details/98/?s=5730&e=6073

Baleroc kill prior to the patch, same uptime of almost 100%, DW damage was almost double the contribution.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a8ue2xa7tu3a61j2/details/18/?s=6227&e=6568

When comparing avg tick size pre patch to post patch (at least for me) I'm seeing more than a 30% decrease. Weapons and gear hasn't changed in a long long time.

Only a tangent here, but why are neither of your hunters bringing a Hyena to your raid? You guys don't have a 30% bleed damage increase debuff in your raid at all because one hunter brought a wolf and the other brought a fox, both of which are duplicating debuffs you already have available. In the Baleroc encounter, you had a single hunter who brought his...wolf, which you, as fury, bring to the raid.

Tell your hunters to step it up and bring a worthwhile buff to your raid. The hyena would have increased not only your damage but their own damage (through piercing shots) and also your rogues' damage.

It drives me nuts when hunters don't care enough to bring the right pet to their raids.
90 Troll Warrior
Bumping this thread and the one in the bug report forum.
85 Worgen Warrior
My deepwounds damage is also coming in significantly lower than pre patch. Would love it if we can get some more data gathered and post somewhere that is more visible for blues to verify. Even if it was nerfed it would be nice to get confirmation.

EDIT:
Adding data here, our recent kill of ultraxion. My uptime is almost 100%, DW damage came in at 6.8%

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xf679ffdx74yc9kl/details/98/?s=5730&e=6073

Baleroc kill prior to the patch, same uptime of almost 100%, DW damage was almost double the contribution.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a8ue2xa7tu3a61j2/details/18/?s=6227&e=6568

When comparing avg tick size pre patch to post patch (at least for me) I'm seeing more than a 30% decrease. Weapons and gear hasn't changed in a long long time.

Only a tangent here, but why are neither of your hunters bringing a Hyena to your raid? You guys don't have a 30% bleed damage increase debuff in your raid at all because one hunter brought a wolf and the other brought a fox, both of which are duplicating debuffs you already have available. In the Baleroc encounter, you had a single hunter who brought his...wolf, which you, as fury, bring to the raid.

Tell your hunters to step it up and bring a worthwhile buff to your raid. The hyena would have increased not only your damage but their own damage (through piercing shots) and also your rogues' damage.

It drives me nuts when hunters don't care enough to bring the right pet to their raids.

I will bring it to their attention, thanks for the heads up!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]