Fury's Deep Wound nerfed as well ??????

85 Blood Elf Warrior
I created a thread in the warrior forums linking to landsouls bug thread. Doing what I can to keep all three threads near the top so people will read them. and by people I mean a blue.
Community Manager
In 4.3, we fixed a bug where Deep Wounds was benefiting from the 40% auto attack bonus from Precision. Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

We also found a bug introduced in 4.3 (and reported by several players) that Deep Wounds was not triggered by attacks such as Heroic Leap, Intercept and most importantly, Raging Blow. We are deploying a hotfix to fix that bug.

Deep Wounds should not benefit from spell enchants, such as Avalanche. In general, enchant procs should not have synergistic effects with talents or class mechanics.

From what we have seen so far, Fury’s damage is still where we want it to be in 4.3. We will see how things change as more data comes in. If we think Fury’s damage needs to increase through Deep Wounds or some other mechanic, we will be sure to do so.
90 Worgen Warrior
Good luck collecting that data, because every competitive Warrior will be respecing to Arms.
90 Orc Warrior
Extek is pretty much right on the dot with that statement lol. Arms is just as good if not better single target and a thousand times better for any fight with any add(aka every single DS encounter)
85 Orc Warrior
sigh, dam again with the change to Arms spec. And I really love playing fury :(
85 Orc Warrior
Switched to Arms, though I really hate the completely clunky rotation, macroing stances to abilites, missing Rend ticks and, it seems, having to delay MS by .5 sec.
85 Worgen Warrior
In 4.3, we fixed a bug where Deep Wounds was benefiting from the 40% auto attack bonus from Precision. Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

We also found a bug introduced in 4.3 (and reported by several players) that Deep Wounds was not triggered by attacks such as Heroic Leap, Intercept and most importantly, Raging Blow. We are deploying a hotfix to fix that bug.

Deep Wounds should not benefit from spell enchants, such as Avalanche. In general, enchant procs should not have synergistic effects with talents or class mechanics.

From what we have seen so far, Fury’s damage is still where we want it to be in 4.3. We will see how things change as more data comes in. If we think Fury’s damage needs to increase through Deep Wounds or some other mechanic, we will be sure to do so.

Wouldnt this mean if you were benefiting from the 40% then you could have just fixed this and not taken the 5% damage and would have done the same thing. But now we are getting the "Fix" plus losing the 5%?

So in the end we had two nerfs in 4.3 based off that which is why 95% of warriors are sitting at the bottom of charts unless they are rocking basically full H T12 gear and H Rag Weapons.
*sigh* Well, thanks for the response, at least.

*goes back to hitting like a chump due to nerfs and lack of skill*
Edited by Cornflower on 12/2/2011 5:39 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
I think Warriors just got trolled by a CM. I'm almost positive he was grinning the Classic™ coolguy face when he posted that. "We know you're bugged, but warriors are where they're supposed to be!"

Ha.
90 Worgen Warrior
"The damage from a single crit of Deep Wounds in either hand has correct tick sizes.

However, I am noticing weird things happening and would say that it's BUGGED and not nerfed:

It ticks 7 times sometimes, when critting with auto-attacks within 1s of eacthother, and the 2nd crit's input is delayed 2 seconds, dealing damage on the 2nd tickIt ticks 8 times sometimesSpell crits such as Avalanche no longer produce DWoundsMultiple Whirlwind crits only put DWounds on one targetMultiple Herioc Leap crits no longer produce DWoundsOff-Hand Raging Blow no longer produces Deep WoundsMain-Hand Raging Blow sometimes doesn't produce Deep WoundsFiery Attack no longer produces Deep WoundsIntercept no longer produces Deep WoundsDual-Critting MH+OH Raging Blow either does not produce Deep Wounds, or only provides 5 ticks

I'm probably going to make this list bigger!"

Thanks for the effort mate. Cynically, you could say Blizz is acclimatising us for MoP when we don't have DW anymore.
Edited by Rhienhardt on 12/2/2011 4:30 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
12/02/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Extek
Good luck collecting that data, because every competitive Warrior will be respecing to Arms.

Pretty much this.

I've already respecced.
85 Human Warrior
I don't get this logical process:

Fury damage is fine in 4.2 (maybe slightly high)
Introduce +10% AP for melee classes
Reduce Fury damage by 5% to keep them balanced
Bugfix resulting in 5-10% loss of overall DPS

It seems as though Fury is now bottom-tier dps.

Reverting the Fury nerf would have been the logical solution (or changing precision to include bleed effects, thus turning the bug into W.A.I.). This should have been one or the other...not both.
90 Orc Warrior
So tired of this.

At one point, blizzard didn't want heroic strike to be the happy button to press, make changes, patch after next, make tier set revolve around heroic strike being a happy button to press.

Now instead of a flat 5% damage nerf, we get hit deep wounds also.

It's not even a week into 4.3, and they're happy with where fury damage is.... with what information? Imagine how bad it's going to be once all the other classes get geared up, no amount of scaling is going to fix that. Now, we're forced to play Arms to be competitive, once that becomes competitive, 100 bucks says something happens to Arms.

This just isn't fun anymore, please stop !@#$ing everything up.

85 Troll Warrior

Does that mean we can expect a nerf to enhancement shaman and frost dks since their masteries are buffing the damage from the proc based weapons in Dragon Soul?
85 Orc Warrior
12/02/2011 03:39 PMPosted by Kaivax

If this is true, why was it not documented on the 4.3 patch notes.
90 Night Elf Warrior
As an arms warrior from the very beginning, except for a time that I was slightly confused and went fury, I can say that I can't really comprehend the feelings you all have. I mean, a 5% nerf...
If I was told that if I would cross a street and have a 5% chance that I'd get hit by a car...I'd still cross it, so what's the problem?
And the fact that your deep wounds aren't hitting as much now doesn't seem that bad.
Deepwounds is usually my last DoT, right after rend, and to be honest, I barely even notice deep wounds damage. Heck, my mastery proc accounts for more damage then deep wounds, even though it procs less.
90 Goblin Warrior

Wait, so you guys didn't include this little gem of info when you brought the base 5% nerf to the table. Didn't think that maybe this was pertinent information? Why nerf our damage, if you were making the complete basis of our damage, on us continuing to use a bugged ability that no one knew about?
Hi @Rogue class at start of Wrath, having damaged nerfed around bugged poisons and being basically worthless for an entire tier.
Thanks Blizz. Thanks alot.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]