Fury's Deep Wound nerfed as well ??????

85 Troll Warrior
As an arms warrior from the very beginning, except for a time that I was slightly confused and went fury, I can say that I can't really comprehend the feelings you all have. I mean, a 5% nerf...
If I was told that if I would cross a street and have a 5% chance that I'd get hit by a car...I'd still cross it, so what's the problem?
And the fact that your deep wounds aren't hitting as much now doesn't seem that bad.
Deepwounds is usually my last DoT, right after rend, and to be honest, I barely even notice deep wounds damage. Heck, my mastery proc accounts for more damage then deep wounds, even though it procs less.

This change is only affect fury, so if your Arms youll see next to no differance.
90 Worgen Warrior

Thank God...Warriors are so over-powered and yet they whine like little babies if they don't get their way. Keep crying warrior-ridden fools, Blizzard will change your diaper for you...

They all (warriors) gang up & CRY on Blizzard's shoulder until Blizzard forces a change i.e. interrupts now work so much to your advantage, not to mention immunity. The last BG I was in, 1 warrior killed me & another warlock WITH NO HEALER & lost 4k health solely off interrupts.

Not that anyone cares, but I'm so sick & tired of Blizzard & their "fix it even though it's not broken mentality" that me & several caster/ranged types from my guild are leaving for Rift.I mean, seriously, do they do actual patch testing that mimics server play (beta right-not good enough) or just fly by the seat of their pants during patches and/or expansions.

I mean, how many mini-patch hot fixes does it take to fix the original intended patch. I quit for 6 months when Cat came out due to glitch galore, but this hiatus might be permanent. (Feel free to applaud/ I know you will-GL to those who suffer Blizzard's misery once more)THIS GAME BEGS FOR PERMANENT CLASS BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EPIC FAIL BLIZZ...

9/10, that's a solid 10 if you would've used Star Wars instead of Rift. Correct blend of ire and ampersands.
85 Gnome Death Knight

Thank God...Warriors are so over-powered and yet they whine like little babies if they don't get their way. Keep crying warrior-ridden fools, Blizzard will change your diaper for you...

They all (warriors) gang up & CRY on Blizzard's shoulder until Blizzard forces a change i.e. interrupts now work so much to your advantage, not to mention immunity. The last BG I was in, 1 warrior killed me & another warlock WITH NO HEALER & lost 4k health solely off interrupts.

Not that anyone cares, but I'm so sick & tired of Blizzard & their "fix it even though it's not broken mentality" that me & several caster/ranged types from my guild are leaving for Rift.I mean, seriously, do they do actual patch testing that mimics server play (beta right-not good enough) or just fly by the seat of their pants during patches and/or expansions.

I mean, how many mini-patch hot fixes does it take to fix the original intended patch. I quit for 6 months when Cat came out due to glitch galore, but this hiatus might be permanent. (Feel free to applaud/ I know you will-GL to those who suffer Blizzard's misery once more)THIS GAME BEGS FOR PERMANENT CLASS BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EPIC FAIL BLIZZ...

9/10, that's a solid 10 if you would've used Star Wars instead of Rift. Correct blend of ire and ampersands.

I'm not as generous as you are. 2/10. Warriors fault he shut down warlocks so they can't free cast on him. Then asks for class balance when the warrior balanced the game by shutting down the warlock and knows how to play.
90 Orc Warrior
In 4.3, we fixed a bug where Deep Wounds was benefiting from the 40% auto attack bonus from Precision. Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

We also found a bug introduced in 4.3 (and reported by several players) that Deep Wounds was not triggered by attacks such as Heroic Leap, Intercept and most importantly, Raging Blow. We are deploying a hotfix to fix that bug.

Deep Wounds should not benefit from spell enchants, such as Avalanche. In general, enchant procs should not have synergistic effects with talents or class mechanics.

From what we have seen so far, Fury’s damage is still where we want it to be in 4.3. We will see how things change as more data comes in. If we think Fury’s damage needs to increase through Deep Wounds or some other mechanic, we will be sure to do so.

Your are possibly the single biggest idiot I have ever come across on this forum.
85 Human Warrior
Guys, don't let the one Warlock derail this thread.
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/02/2011 04:38 PMPosted by Velsia
In 4.3, we fixed a bug where Deep Wounds was benefiting from the 40% auto attack bonus from Precision. Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

If this is true, why was it not documented on the 4.3 patch notes.
They made a lot of 'bugfixes' and 'balances' in 4.3 they didn't bother to report for every class.
90 Orc Warrior
Wait, wait wait. So the 5% nerf to our damage was to bring us back to place. With this bug fix in addition to the 5% nerf, how are we anywhere NEAR where you intended to bring us? This is a HUGE dps loss, as deep wounds is a large part of damage.

The 5% nerf made sense, it would bring us back in line with the other melee damage (nevermind the wizards with legendary staves) but in addition to that, this deep wound nerf will probably bottom us out.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
12/02/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Aoir

If this is true, why was it not documented on the 4.3 patch notes.
They made a lot of 'bugfixes' and 'balances' in 4.3 they didn't bother to report for every class.

That doesn't mean they should have. Killing someone and not telling anyone doesn't make it right. Changes need to be documented. The community uses that information to create spread sheets and guides. Optimizing programs such as askmrrobot also use this information. With a change to this we may see a complete change in the way we balance stats, probably not, but the point is fixes, bugs, buffs, and nerfs, need to be documented because they can have a larger effect.
100 Dwarf Warrior
Well, sucks for Fury but I finally get to go Arms again during progression, which is very nice.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Warlocks have been close to the top of the charts and have a very solid position in PVP, yet they complain constantly. While I have seen some warriors complain about nerfs, most warriors I've come across realize that they scale better than other classes, so need almost constant nerfs to be kept in line.

That being said, combining bug fixes that reduce damages with direct nerfs feels like you are piling on, especially when the bug fix is done stealthily. Once again, you guys need to communicate better. If you knew about this issue for awhile, you should have told people.
Edited by Boggyb on 12/2/2011 5:11 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
What the poster above me said. When we're raiding progression, not knowing about a stealth nerf to our core abilities is pretty !@#$%^- huge.
90 Worgen Warrior
So I can enjoy arms PvE now? About time imo
90 Troll Warrior

We also found a bug introduced in 4.3 (and reported by several players) that Deep Wounds was not triggered by attacks such as Heroic Leap, Intercept and most importantly, Raging Blow. We are deploying a hotfix to fix that bug.

Deep Wounds should not benefit from spell enchants, such as Avalanche. In general, enchant procs should not have synergistic effects with talents or class mechanics.

From what we have seen so far, Fury’s damage is still where we want it to be in 4.3. We will see how things change as more data comes in. If we think Fury’s damage needs to increase through Deep Wounds or some other mechanic, we will be sure to do so.

This isn't a generic "fury nerf". It's specifically a TG nerf. SMF doesn't rely on deep wounds nearly to a degree that TG does. Hope that bug fix was intended to make SMF the superior spec.

Deep Wounds should only be triggered by crits, not passive damage.

It's pretty clear you don't even understand the mechanic on which you're delivering your canned response. That statement is almost as bad as "popping enrage" from 6 years ago.
85 Night Elf Mage

Warriors are not a strong pvp class. They haven't received any buffs for awhile now. You are bad. Good day.
85 Orc Warrior
12/02/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Vinland
Switched to Arms, though I really hate the completely clunky rotation, macroing stances to abilites, missing Rend ticks and, it seems, having to delay MS by .5 sec.
Hey, maybe now that everyone's going to play Arms, Blizzard will actually fix stance-twisting.
90 Orc Warrior
I fail to see how fury is where it needs to be. Fury is testing near the absolute bottom. Every other melee spec went up to compete with legendary casters, fury just went down. Full t12 Heroic geared fury warriors are sitting at the bottom of the melee totem pole.

Fury brings no utility to raids. Has poor aoe. The only thing it had going was good single target. Without that why even have the tree? Useless in PVP and now PVE too.

Fail blizzard. Go buff fire again than fury can be a full 10k behind it.
85 Human Warrior
Full t12 Heroic geared fury warriors are sitting at the bottom of the melee totem pole.

Apparently not much will change into T13 Heroic --

http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T13H.html

I guess they intended us to be drop dead last.

^^ Bringing up entirely PvP-based concerns in a PvE nerf thread, therefore trolling ^^

Anyway, done my research. I'm not currently competing in PvE content but plan to later in this patch (not anything fancy, maybe just normal raids). I'm going to choose to remain Fury just because it happens to fit my playstyle, but if I WAS concerned about my DPS, I'd be choosing Arms, as it is now the superior of two admittedly fairly weak specs.
Edited by Cornflower on 12/2/2011 5:44 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
12/02/2011 05:34 PMPosted by Siguror
Switched to Arms, though I really hate the completely clunky rotation, macroing stances to abilites, missing Rend ticks and, it seems, having to delay MS by .5 sec.

It's not clunky at all.
There are no missing Rend ticks.
There is no having to delay MS. Every ability invokes a 1.5s GCD, not affected by haste.
85 Orc Warrior
As an arms warrior from the very beginning, except for a time that I was slightly confused and went fury, I can say that I can't really comprehend the feelings you all have. I mean, a 5% nerf...
If I was told that if I would cross a street and have a 5% chance that I'd get hit by a car...I'd still cross it, so what's the problem?
And the fact that your deep wounds aren't hitting as much now doesn't seem that bad.
Deepwounds is usually my last DoT, right after rend, and to be honest, I barely even notice deep wounds damage. Heck, my mastery proc accounts for more damage then deep wounds, even though it procs less.

If you actually played Fury, you'd know that Deep Wounds is often the third most strongest attack that Fury has. It's 16% of our damage with full raid buffs. That damage has been cut in half.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]