Dragon Soul : T-13 Progression

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
I remember a Topic like this back in ICC which was the last real raid of that expansion so lets have a new one for this expansion's last raid.

All guilds who want to post there progression here, just put the name of your guild and what have you killed so far and I'll keep updating them, I'm going to put our guild's progression and update as people submit theres. Thanks for your cooperation and good luck to all of the guilds lets up the ranks of Kael'thas on the US servers.

Please request a sticky when you submit your info at least until we have it as a sticky.

Alliance Assimilation :

H : Morchock (dead)
H : Warlord Zon'ozz (dead)
H : Yor'sahj the Unsleeping (dead)
H : Hagara the Stormbinder (dead)
H : Ultraxion (dead)
H : Warmaster Blackhorn (dead)
N : Spine of Deathwing (dead)
N : Madness of Deathwing (dead)
Edited by Nightforge on 2/2/2012 8:33 PM PST
20 Human Hunter
Wowprogress.com
85 Night Elf Druid
talk to me on ur main if u have a problem
Edited by Nightforge on 12/1/2011 11:23 AM PST
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
theres

Keal'thas

Even by World of Warcraft forum standards, this is a pretty poor attempt to glorify your guild progression.

Congratulations.

By some maddening stroke of luck and fate, if you were somehow serious about rebooting a sticky progression thread (which is a poor idea, given the number and popularity of automatic tracking websites), your organization and presentation is terrible.

Go back. Go far, far back in the historic saved vaults of this forum and discover the realm progression threads of Axium, Arc, Seraphiel, and Wall. Learn how to display your information in a coherent and legible manner that is aesthetically pleasing, grammatically correct, and worthy of a sticky vote.

While ten-year old boys and 4chan lurkers may settle for your current format, it won't fetch much regard among the majority of Kael'thas members.
85 Draenei Shaman
Random guy from Assimilation 0 - Prisha 1
85 Human Mage
12/01/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nightforge

wowprogress.com
85 Night Elf Druid
theres

Keal'thas

Even by World of Warcraft forum standards, this is a pretty poor attempt to glorify your guild progression.

Congratulations.

By some maddening stroke of luck and fate, if you were somehow serious about rebooting a sticky progression thread (which is a poor idea, given the number and popularity of automatic tracking websites), your organization and presentation is terrible.

Go back. Go far, far back in the historic saved vaults of this forum and discover the realm progression threads of Axium, Arc, Seraphiel, and Wall. Learn how to display your information in a coherent and legible manner that is aesthetically pleasing, grammatically correct, and worthy of a sticky vote.

While ten-year old boys and 4chan lurkers may settle for your current format, it won't fetch much regard among the majority of Kael'thas members.

Thanks for looking at it and I fixed that mistake, I always type that name wrong forget which is first the "a" or the "e", ya I know that the organization of it is not that great but that can be changed so not a big deal, and if I wanted to glorify my guild's progression I would have looked at wow-progress and copied all the raiding guilds and then I will be showing off that we are ahead of everyone so far, that is why I typed in there that if you want to participate just reply to the thread and I will update your status.

I didn't do any research in all honestly just read the quote that I made with the guild progress in it on some random realm forum here and said this would nice to have on Kael'thas (see I typed it right this time), I wanted to look at the ICC post that I talked about in the presentation but I guess I didn't go back enough in the threads to see it and this is what I remember from that thread other than all the guild leaders/officers came to the thread after their kills and said X guild have killed Y boss and the dude updates.

What do you want me to put in it for example like right down a history lesson or something before saying if you want to participate put your guild's name in here and what you have killed which is basicly what the thread is about. I don't get the why there always should be on the wow-forums something related to 10-years old.

In all honesty I think you are jealous of my moose helm.

12/01/2011 09:45 PMPosted by Percentage
Random guy from Assimilation 0 - Prisha 1

I am not a random guy dude, I'm one of the 2 main tanks in that guild, and you can ask around the server if I troll or brag about what I do, I'm proud that 90% of the people who I grouped with since WoTLK till now knows me and will group with me again and some add me to their friend's list.

wowprogress.com

Was it hard to post in the first place on your main? I know wow-progress is there and a !@#$ ton of other websites out there whats the harm if the %^-* ton becomes a !@#$ ton +1 ?
Edited by Nightforge on 12/2/2011 2:36 AM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
12/02/2011 02:35 AMPosted by Nightforge
I wanted to glorify my guild's progression I would have looked at wow-progress and copied all the raiding guilds and then I will be showing off that we are ahead of everyone so far

Congratulations, you downed an incredibly easy normal mode raid before anyone else -- on Kael'thas. The fact that you think in any way that this is a glorifying achievement just shows how small time you actually are. Real guilds don't care about normal mode progression, nor do they take it seriously. Fortunately not everyone in Assimilation is as out of touch with reality.

Was it hard to post in the first place on your main?

Posting on an alt doesn't somehow make his point invalid. WowProgress is the "official" raid progression site, and it offers far more to any user than a realm progression thread.

I am not a random guy dude

You certainly are no regular on these forums, yet for your first post you decide to bring back a progression thread? I find this incredibly difficult to believe. Had your guild not snagged the realm first kill of a boss that doesn't matter, can you honestly say you would have made this thread? Don't answer that question, we all know the answer.
85 Human Mage

wowprogress.com

Was it hard to post in the first place on your main? I know wow-progress is there and a !@#$ ton of other websites out there whats the harm if the %^-* ton becomes a !@#$ ton +1 ?

I like my pilgrim hunter... he makes delicious turkeys
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
Progression threads are simply a bad idea from the get go.

They do not have staying power. It was proven over and over and over and over .... get my point?

Ask Arc, Axium et. al. This is even more so evident in current raiding. The tiers are muddled. 10 mans are said to be easier than 25 man. But what determines who is the best guild on the server? 10 man may be ahead of 25 man, or if they are tied who is better.

Then that also goes to heroic. The entire raiding scene is full of murky waters so best way to go about it is just to refer to a website. There's a !@#$ ton of them.

Also, don't be mad you got pushback. Over the past 7 years this server has seen a lot of these threads. More than half have been started by guilds that had sudden success and want to show off their accomplishments. Hey, that's you!
85 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Percentage
I wanted to glorify my guild's progression I would have looked at wow-progress and copied all the raiding guilds and then I will be showing off that we are ahead of everyone so far

Congratulations, you downed an incredibly easy normal mode raid before anyone else -- on Kael'thas. The fact that you think in any way that this is a glorifying achievement just shows how small time you actually are. Real guilds don't care about normal mode progression, nor do they take it seriously. Fortunately not everyone in Assimilation is as out of touch with reality.

Was it hard to post in the first place on your main?

Posting on an alt doesn't somehow make his point invalid. WowProgress is the "official" raid progression site, and it offers far more to any user than a realm progression thread.

I am not a random guy dude

You certainly are no regular on these forums, yet for your first post you decide to bring back a progression thread? I find this incredibly difficult to believe. Had your guild not snagged the realm first kill of a boss that doesn't matter, can you honestly say you would have made this thread? Don't answer that question, we all know the answer.

When I started this post we haven't downed madness yet, and I said that I wasn't glorifying anything you accused me of that, no one cares about normal mode progression thats why the post was made before heroic progression so you don't see it as "haha we killed this on heroic before you", and normal modes aren't easy yet you can still wipe from anything going wrong atleast until they nerf them.

Yes, I'm not a regular on these forums I had some posts here back in WoTLK for ICC 25 raids and ToC since I was running a few of those everyweek, and your argument don't make any sense to me where on the rules does it state that you have to be living on the forums to make a thread about progression.

Its exactly like you are saying first kill on the end boss of the final content in the expansion isn't important, and think as you want about me posting this if we didn't kill it first but the fact remain that the post was made before the kill is a proof that I'm not here to rub progression in other guilds faces.

85 Night Elf Druid
Progression threads are simply a bad idea from the get go.

They do not have staying power. It was proven over and over and over and over .... get my point?

Ask Arc, Axium et. al. This is even more so evident in current raiding. The tiers are muddled. 10 mans are said to be easier than 25 man. But what determines who is the best guild on the server? 10 man may be ahead of 25 man, or if they are tied who is better.

Then that also goes to heroic. The entire raiding scene is full of murky waters so best way to go about it is just to refer to a website. There's a !@#$ ton of them.

Also, don't be mad you got pushback. Over the past 7 years this server has seen a lot of these threads. More than half have been started by guilds that had sudden success and want to show off their accomplishments. Hey, that's you!

I agree with you Altronix this was a bad idea.

10 mans are not easier than 25 mans, they are kind of equal one of advantage over the other and vise versa.

Honestly, I didn't expect this hostility on the post since I know that alot of people know me from the last xpac and all that so I assumed that they will know that its not to glorify.

I wouldn't call Assimilation a sudden success we have been raiding together for the past 2 years and some for the past year or so, but each of us was in a seperate group of progression and when we got together and did things our way from the start of a content like this one we got some good rankings server wise, and we plan to keep it that way in the heroic progression.

But despite all of the give and take here I'm still determined to keep the thread for what it was started for, this is a realm forum there is no harm if one member fromneach of the raiding guilds post here to update there status, plain and simple.
85 Human Mage
12/02/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Nightforge
10 mans are not easier than 25 mans, they are kind of equal one of advantage over the other and vise versa.

You're a comedian.
85 Draenei Shaman
Three sentences - three paragraphs. All gloating aside, this is more than enough reason that you shouldn't be trying to make one of these threads. I'll attempt to read through this in any case.

12/02/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Nightforge
no one cares about normal mode progression thats why the post was made before heroic progression so you don't see it as "haha we killed this on heroic before you"

And yet the effect you got (and lets be honest, the one you wanted), was "haha we killed this on normal before you"

and normal modes aren't easy yet you can still wipe from anything going wrong atleast until they nerf them.

No. Just no. Difficulty is all about relativity. Compare normal Dragon Soul to pre-nerf heroic rag. Its like a 5 man normal in comparison. Look at tier 11 normals compared to Dragon Soul normals. If you really think the normal mode content of this tier isn't easy you are doing it wrong.

your argument don't make any sense to me where on the rules does it state that you have to be living on the forums to make a thread about progression.

I imagine not much logic makes sense to you. Nowhere is there a posting minimum before you can create a thread. My point is that you haven't posted on the realm forums since before they were converted, and yet you come here to post a progression thread. Its obvious you didn't care enough about these forums to post on them until you had something to show off.

Its exactly like you are saying first kill on the end boss of the final content in the expansion isn't important

Normal madness is not the end boss of the expansion. Heroic madness is the end boss of the expansion. No, normal madness kills are not important.

the fact remain that the post was made before the kill is a proof that I'm not here to rub progression in other guilds faces

How is that proof? You came to brag about being 7/8.
85 Draenei Shaman
12/02/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Nightforge

The only 10 man bosses last tier that were easier than their 25 man counterparts no 25 man guild on this server would progressed to before the nerfs anyway. After the nerfs, 6/7 was a joke on both 10 and 25, although Bael'roc positioning was naturally more difficult for 25m guilds.
85 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Captnice

You're a comedian.

the hardest thing in 25's from my pov is that you need to find 25 good people that have the chemistry to do a fight without failing horibly, I did 25 progression and the problem with that is what I said 25 people working together was hard.

In this xpac blizzard made it equal loot equal mechanics dmg equivilant to the healers (2-3 healers in 10man, 5-6-7 in 25), more HP in 25 but u have 10 dps more in 25 than 10man.

Percentage I'm sorry I didn't know you were so sensitive about normal progression that you saw a post about it and got butt hurt over it, I said it before and I will tell you again if I wanted to brag I would have came here said we killed bla bla the rest of you killed bla bla we are better than you, but thats not what I said, I said I want to make a thread for the end content like someone did in ICC last xpac if u want to participate plz post here im not going to put anyone until they post (i said that so i dont look like im calling people out).

I did not say it was hard nor I did say it was easy you said it dificulity is relativity, and I told you that I had multiple posts and threads about the ToC and ICC runs that I used to get together.

How is that proof? You came to brag about being 7/8.

You got me there, I came here risking flames from all the realm to brag about my guild killing 7/8 my bad.
69 Blood Elf Priest
theres

Keal'thas

Congratulations.

Wow, bad day?
90 Human Warrior
The good ol' 10 vs. 25 argument eh. I suppose it depends on your point of view, but there are issues with each that can make one harder then the other. I did find 25's on my main much harder then doing the 10 man counterpart on my alt mage though. Obviously I have bias towards 25's being harder though, and I'm not going to pretend my opinion is unbiased.

The thing I've found that makes 25's harder, aside from the obvious it's harder to find a consistent group of 25 raiders is positioning requirements are much harder in 25 mans. Take Ragnoros on the meteor part of the fight. You have 25 people spread out, taking up 2.5 times more of the available space to kite the meteors, and you have more then double of the meteors to kite before the end of the fight, make it much more of a cluster-fudge cause everyone is running out of space to move, and a small misstep gets a guildie killed.

The other thing that has always been harder in 25's is interrupt co-ordination. By that I mean you actually need to coordinate it because the cooldowns always require more then one person to rotate interrupts, were in 10 man, since there aren't as many people, 1 person can get all the interrupts.

Where I found 10 mans to be tougher were fights in 25 man where you could utilize someone that had a tank off spec as the 3rd tank. Take phase 1 of Nefarion where instead of using a 3rd tank to kite the skellies, you are now stuck hoping your mage, or hunter, or DPS DK or Warrior could kite without getting themselves killed, and then splitting the healers all over the place.

I thoroughly enjoy raiding both though as they offer their own set of challenges, and there are probably countless arguments that 10 and 25 man guilds will offer to defend that what they are doing is harder. Regardless of which is easier or harder, there is a difference, so that leaves the only valid comparisons being 10's compared to other 10's, and 25's compared to other 25 man guilds. I really wish there were more 25's on this server though.

Anyhow, see you all over the weekend :) Time for me to head home from work, Nal has dinner waiting for me.
90 Human Paladin
OOB

I like my pilgrim hunter... he makes delicious turkeys

Mmmm, turkey.
90 Worgen Rogue
I have no problem with your progression thread if you get Destromath to do anything other than sit on Al'ar 24/7 in the dwarf district. We get it already, he got lucky as !@#$ on a roll and is proud of his mount, but really, ALL THE TIME?!?!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]