WoW Downloading is taking Forever

20 Human Paladin
Can anyone help me? I had my WoW downloader running for like 2 hours already. I know it's a huge download, but I'm on ethernet and it's super slow. I use AT&T as my ISP and I'm getting like 5 KB/s. However, I am downloading Starcraft II and Counter Strike Source and Team Fortress 2 at the same time. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

EDIT: the laptop I am going to run WoW on is a HP DV7-6163CL. I'm not sure if the internet card included in the laptop has anything to do with the low speeds I am getting.
Edited by Ossumtron on 12/4/2011 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Don't try for help here mate, if your lucky?? enough to get a blue here all you'll get is a few links to various tech issue forums that will make you jump through hoops for a non-result. open ports 1-100000, turn off certain anti-virus programs, make sure your not running anything in the background, maybe it's your ISP, did you sacrifice a goat last night? Whatever the condescending answer is, chances are it will net you no joy. Just grind out that 5 kbps and if your lucky swtor will be out before the download finishes.

See you on Korriban.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Hi Ossmutron,
Try these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click tools
3. Click the Connections tab
4. Go to LAN settings
5. Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings
6. Press OK and exit your browser

If that does not work, I recommend you check your port forwarding. Here's a link that might help you: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21077
Reply Quote
its taking forever for me to lol thanks for the help guys
Reply Quote
59 Dwarf Paladin
Doing the Internet Explorer thing made it work right away! Thank you very much, What ports does WoW use?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]