Master of Elixir quest?

85 Blood Elf Mage
This is gonna be a long post. Bear with me.

I finally finished levelling my alchemy, and decided I wanted to be a Transmute Master. After farming the mats for the Primal Mights, I realized that I barely ever transmute anything (like once every two weeks) and would rather be an elixir master since I make elixirs more than anything else. I was just gonna sell the 4 Primal Mights (since it took me only two days for me to farm and they cost about 250g a pop) but I decided to keep them just in case I changed my mind again.

So then I quit the transmute quest and looked up the quest for the Elixir Master quest on Wowhead so that I could farm the mats ahead of time and be ready to hand them in as soon as I got the quest from the NPC. I had all of the mats for the quest except the Essence of Infinity I needed from the Black Morass. After running the Black Morass three times and not getting one drop, I decided to look on Wowhead again to see if maybe there was another way to get the essences. I found out that you can actually just finish the transmute quest, unlearn Transmute Master for 150g and then pick up the Elixir Master specialization from another trainer. This was no problem for me since I already had the Primal Mights.

As I returned to Zarevhi in Stormspire, he no longer had the Transmute quest for me. And neither did the quest giver for the Potions Master, or even Elixir Master. And yes, I do have low level quests tracked.

TL;DR version: Master of Transmute is bugged and Zarevhi won't give me a quest.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong part of the forums. I figured bug report would be a good place to go since this seems like a bug to me (and apparently, an often occurring one). Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and offer any help or suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This is not a bug.

Alchemy specialization requirements were changed in Patch 4.3.

In order to change specializations, you need to first unlearn your current specialization, which you can do in your spellbook by clicking the red Ø icon next to Transmutation Master. Then visit any alchemy trainer to pick up the quest for the specialization you want.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I never learned Transmute Master so there's nothing for me to unlearn. I quit the quest right before I handed the Primal Mights because I changed my mind about being a Transmute Master and wanted to be an Elixir Master instead. When I open my spellbook, the only thing I can unlearn is my Herbalism and my Alchemy. There is no option to unlearn Transmute Master.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you've never learned a specialization, then just visit your alchemy trainer.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Lol oh jeez. Wowhead was telling me to go to NPCs in Outland. I never usually accept quests from NPCs in major cities and didn't bother asking my alchemy trainer in Org because of Wowhead telling me otherwise. -_-

Thanks a bunch! Again, sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Lol oh jeez. Wowhead was telling me to go to NPCs in Outland. I never usually accept quests from NPCs in major cities and didn't bother asking my alchemy trainer in Org because of Wowhead telling me otherwise. -_-

Thanks a bunch! Again, sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.

It looks like Wowhead hasn't been updated yet with the info for the new quests. No idea why this might be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks July and Raimondas, this info is very helpful to me. I had almost completed the requirements for elixir master (only the Black Morass remained) before the 4.3 patch. I ran the dungeon after the patch and didn't find any of the Essence of Infinity drops; when I went to reference the quest again it was no longer in my Quest log.

I checked Wowhead which as you've pointed out wasn't exactly helpful, and asked another player in-game who told me to go to any Alchemy trainer to re-acquire the quest. However, I've tried trainers in SW, Shatt, and Dalaran and the quest is not showing up for me.

My question is, Am I now too low level to get this quest? It looks like "Illustrious Grand Master" won't light up for me now until level 75 .......

Thank you in advance for any information!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I am having the same issue on my 72 druid. I had already farmed all the Primal Mights that took me 4 hours. Not to mention all the time it took me to fly from place to place hunting NPC's for the Quest. Does this chance of 4.3 have anything o do with it such as level req. and/or 525 alchemy? instead of what I expected from Zarevhi.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]