[Former Elemental Guide]: New guide linked

90 Orc Shaman
I was thinking, with the inclusion of our 4 piece and Elemental Mastery's haste buff, will Elemental Shamans effectively hit a point in their haste where haste becomes a worse stat than mastery?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/07/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Ingrathis
I was thinking, with the inclusion of our 4 piece and Elemental Mastery's haste buff, will Elemental Shamans effectively hit a point in their haste where haste becomes a worse stat than mastery?

Yes, that's exactly where it's going to go. Hence why the dropped mastery bracers will be BiS in heroic difficulty.

I remember see some stat weights that said mastery would be around 2.5 and haste around 2.1

Reason being is two-fold: 1) We're getting a ton of haste from our 4 piece, that 2900 haste trinket, and just in general 2) Our 4 piece is reliant on mastery procs and if we can keep 100% uptime on it we gain 750 free haste while having tons of mastery at the same time. More mastery means less chance of RNG of not keeping haste up = more free haste.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Neat! I feel kind of happy with myself that I was able to piece that together without doing research on the internet.

I'm currently at the stage where when I proc Elemental Mastery and Lifebloom from Herbalism my cast time on LB is 1.02 seconds. This is without my 4pc or the new trinket so I assume I should start gearing for mastery now.

Edit: Not to mention Bloodlust!
Edited by Ingrathis on 12/7/2011 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
thanks for the awesome power auras!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

Thundering Deathscale Wristguards- Hate with a side of spirit and 2 red sockets with 20 intellect as a socket bonus...pure win.

Mmm, hate. Yummy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Good stuff as usual Liax, two thumbs up from Daggerspine's best ele shaman
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/07/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Liax
I remember see some stat weights that said mastery would be around 2.5 and haste around 2.1

BiS has it at something like 2.4 - 2.2 in favor of mastery. It'll overtake haste faster for people with DTR than people without it as well. It's close enough for me that I believe that whichever one I get first (4-pc or IotCM) will definitely push my gear into a place where mastery reforging > haste reforging for awhile.

That's a large part of the reason I'm favoring Lightning Spirit in a Bottle over Mindbinder Lens. Still not 100% sold either way on those relics though.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Liax, I use weakauras, and my setup is extremely similar to yours so I figured I'd post it here. :)

Its fairly intuitive and has visual queues for certain things that may be similar to yours (I remember basing alot of what i have now off your powerauras.)
like 7-8 charges shield is yellow, 9 its red and bounces to get your attention.

My main reason for switching to WeakAuras was the lag associated with LvB in PowerAuras. Sometimes it would show on power auras 1-2 seconds after a Lava Surge proc or cooldown reset.
Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/zKv0f.png

Weakauras String:
http://snipt.org/omLi7

Weakauras Text String:
http://snipt.org/omLj9
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Good job. Sticky.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/08/2011 08:52 AMPosted by Gistwiki
That's a large part of the reason I'm favoring Lightning Spirit in a Bottle over Mindbinder Lens. Still not 100% sold either way on those relics though.

I'm going to stick with heroic soulflame vial personally unless I absolutely need the spirit, and I doubt that'll be the case.

8 more intellect for more spirit, and a loss of haste?

However I did realize after posting the VP list (which sorta says what to get/not to get) I should clarify the choice due to the changing value of haste/mastery for us.

I have a lot of work to do on this weekend!
Edited by Liax on 12/8/2011 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Liax I know that it's only barely been two weeks into the new tier but what are your thoughts on enhancement vs elemental for somewhat progression raiding? Currently I'm raiding as enhancement with a resto os but I can easily switch and itemize for elemental with the resto gear I have so...what do you see being better?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/08/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Cynistic
Liax I know that it's only barely been two weeks into the new tier but what are your thoughts on enhancement vs elemental for somewhat progression raiding? Currently I'm raiding as enhancement with a resto os but I can easily switch and itemize for elemental with the resto gear I have so...what do you see being better?

I haven't played enhance since level 58 in TBC. My opinion is fairly inaccurate other than saying enhance, this entire expac, has started out strong in each tier and died on heroics. A guild that just does casual raiding/normals will not make a difference.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Love this, would love to see reg BIS and heroic BIS
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Did a fair amount of formatting, but still a good chunk to go.

Sorry the BiS lists sit there blank, I know there's a demand for them. I will have them up really soon (like saturday at latest)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Requested Sticky.

Submitting myself as a data point, Simulationcraft is already telling me Mastery is slightly more valuable than Haste (I'll keep playing around with it throughout the T13 gearing process). I just tried both a haste>mastery reforge/gem/ench and a mastery>haste reforge/gem/ench on dummies yesterday. Obviously the numbers are not going to be significantly different enough to report, but I can say that even at almost 2.7k mastery, the 4pc haste bonus is not staying stacked at all consistently, except for during EM. Four seconds is just too small a window.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I need to get myself a hat like you! Lol.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
i got 4set yesterday. outside of when you have EM up it is extremely difficult to keep the 3 stack up. it pretty much requires you to be in herioc gear and have the legendary staff to keep it up atleast 85% of the time. honestly the way i'm looking at it atm. is i am going to use 2 sets of gear. 2piece t13 and 2piece t12 for single target heavy fights. and 2 and 4piece t13 for fights with alot of AoE. the tier sets are made for cl spam. was doing about 30k single target then jumped to 60k+ when it was AoE time or yor'shaj.

we are pretty much the new demo locks. Crazy AoE and high burst, but crappy sustained dps.

also if you still use 2piece t12 you can use these glyphs and spec to cheat out the set bouns.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhGMGRfkzGobZbho:cmrzoqVMc

about 30sec down time between fire eles. and a bit more survival. most of the herioc modes so far are a super dps/healing check.
Edited by Darthnacho on 12/9/2011 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/09/2011 08:58 AMPosted by Darthnacho
i got 4set yesterday. outside of when you have EM up it is extremely difficult to keep the 3 stack up. it pretty much requires you to be in herioc gear and have the legendary staff to keep it up atleast 85% of the time. honestly the way i'm looking at it atm. is i am going to use 2 sets of gear. 2piece t13 and 2piece t12 for single target heavy fights. and 2 and 4piece t13 for fights with alot of AoE. the tier sets are made for cl spam. was doing about 30k single target then jumped to 60k+ when it was AoE time or yor'shaj.

Once you get your 4 piece its probably best to reforge all haste into Mastery so that you can keep the 4pc up as much as possible.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Ohai bottom of the page. I'd like you to meet my friend, top of the page.

Btw, I'm updating BiS lists right now (sorta). Heroic version is in right now, and normal should soon follow. Know that they are subject to change, however probably not by a lot.

There's been a lot of talk about what we should be using for items, and I see a lot of people talk about using the new relics. I'm an opponent of using them. They just aren't itemized well when you consider that one is loaded with crit, and the other is spirit/mastery when we aren't lacking in spirit. We do not need to pick up a single piece of crit gear this tier, which means that our gear either has spirit + haste/mastery, or haste/mastery.

According to my current heroic BiS list you get 1850 hit rating which means you get to reforge 108 of it off. At a glance my guess would be reforging the neck/boots would be the best. Those with the legendaryf are going to have an extra 314 hit to deal with which means they'll be able to reforge a lot more off, and I'm not going to tinker with that yet, though it's probably something like chest/leggings + one other lower spirit item around the 200 rating mark.

I'll work on the normal/LFR set now.

12/09/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Ingrathis
Once you get your 4 piece its probably best to reforge all haste into Mastery so that you can keep the 4pc up as much as possible.

Yes, mastery is going to be worth a lot more with the T13. Blink has estimated about 50% proc rate is needed to keep near 100% uptime. I'm thinking we'll be seeing around 20 mastery in BiS gear even on normal mode, and closer to 23 or so with heroic (guesstimating) which means we'll probably never have full uptime on it, but we'll be close.

Oh, and PvP will be amusing with all that burst...
Edited by Liax on 12/9/2011 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hell I just went ahead and reforged it all now. With just the stupid Nozdormu buff on Madness my haste was so high I was casting faster than the GCD.

Bleh, when that happens spellcasting always feels so....rickety.

EDIT: On the normal BiS list you listed our T13 chest as the cape.
Edited by Ingrathis on 12/9/2011 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]