Game freezes on Dragon Soul Videos

85 Troll Warlock
Same as above, I've had the crash issue since launch of 4.3, even in normal, and forcequit doesn't work or anything. Ive tried opt+command+esc, and opt+command+q, the computer responds to neither. I don't have the OpenGL variable in my config file, my UI is up-to-date 100%, and so are my graphics settings and drivers.

Another thing: When it crashes and I am left with no choice but a hard-boot, I come back in and I am skipped for loot. It doesn't just automatically pass on loot for me, it bugs out and the options to roll go away. After being logged in for about 1 minute, magically I pass on all the loot. It's annoying as crap. I've lost 5 rolls on Deathwing weapons, and countless rolls on Ultraxion, Warmaster and Spine loot. It's not the most important thing ever (and I don't really mean for this toon exclusively), but it's annoying as heck to struggle through the treachery of LFR with one of my alts and then lose out on the best weapons in the game constantly because of a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
was on my mage LFR, right after spine, got a black screen... with nothing.. usually i wait a few sec to press esc button to cancel to avoid freeze but didn't work at all. did the command + tab button to force quit wow. log back in and I "passed" all loots =.=" was little frustrated. Hopefully disablingly cinematic will avoid this problem.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well it keeps crashing me after drops when video initiates so i lose all drop privileges for the week. Kind of a real bummer.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
03/06/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Arali
Hopefully disablingly cinematic will avoid this problem.

it will.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Also, you may install the 64 bit client to fix this problem as it currently can not play the DS videos.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988300444
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/08/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Omegal
Hopefully disablingly cinematic will avoid this problem.

it will.

While I don't have this problem anymore, when I did have it, disabling the cinematics didn't solve it for me. Nowadays though, I don't crash even with the cinematics.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
depends how they wwere disabled, what mod, and what version. earlier DBMs weern't as thorough as later ones for example, they may have supressed the video but not the sound, so it'd still crash. later ones completely hijacked entire controller and stopped everything.
90 Draenei Mage
Is this issue now considered resolved with the latest patch? Can we get an update plz?

Thanks,
Zorka
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I've had this issue last 3 times doing H-Spine progression. I've done all that was said to do on page 1 and I wait until mid way through the video to hit escape. I never ever freeze other than at this time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
For what it's worth...

I usually pop windowed mode right before cut scenes etc and it has only crashed once since I've been doing this.

Not a fix, but it beats the force quit.

(yes, the issue is still crashing my machine if i forget to do this ^)
Edited by Mootikus on 5/1/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
KEI
I have had the same issue ever since I started raiding Dragon Soul. I constantly crash, have to hard boot, and then lose out on loot.

Raiding is useless for me, starting to get really old.

I petitioned a GM to see if I could get some help or suggestions and was told that it was my own problem with my computer and that it wasn't their problem. It was super nice of them.
Reply Quote
2 Human Warrior
I also still get this error every week
Reply Quote
It's July, and this issue is still happening. Worse still, on my new Retina it's happening about 3x as often as it was on my 2010 MBP. Is Blizzard ever going to fix this issue or are we stuck with workarounds forever?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
It would be especially awesome if you guys could stop putting cinematic videos before boss fights (ie - Spine of Deathwing). They are nothing but a headache.

Please just leave them in Cataclysm, never to return.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I believe this should be addressed in the Beta. I'll check with the team on this and find out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It would be especially awesome if you guys could stop putting cinematic videos before boss fights (ie - Spine of Deathwing). They are nothing but a headache.

Please just leave them in Cataclysm, never to return.

I agree with this person right here. Here we are after 7 months of forums saying the same thing over and over and the only possible "fix" is to delete the cinematic files altogether.
C'mon, I thought the pet-spawn-with-6000health bug was bad enough.

Edit: Oh, and I'm having this issue too <3 1280x1050
Edit Edit: And by "pet-spawn-with-6000health bug" I mean when you call a pet for hunters, the pet with for a split second have 6k-7k health and can be killed. You can watch it too, it happens everytime you call you pet. Dismiss / call pet - 6k-7k health, then blips back to the appropriate amount.
Edited by Alroreann on 7/28/2012 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
OK, so here is something that my friends and I have tried...

Try going into these cinematics in windowed mode, and after about 3-5 seconds into the cinematic it should be OK to skip it. When you do, it should be safe to go back into full-screen mode after about 2-3 seconds. What a pain in the !@#, I know.

This is an unconfirmed method and I will be trying it again sometime soon.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks. I'll bump the thread we have with our team about this.

Has anyone tried the PTR and see if this issue happens still?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]