Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Welcome to the Whisperwind Server, Cataclysm Progression Thread.
This thread is a ranking of all guilds that raid on the Whisperwind server, who also wish to have their guild ranked. This thread is not a fully accurate ranking, as guilds that do not wish to participate are respected, and they are not included in the lists.
1) This thread tracks both boss kills and glory of the raider meta achievement progression. An information section with details about the lists is shown first, with the lists themselves posted underneath them.
2) Post 6 contains a list of guild websites for the guilds currently being tracked. If you want to get a hold of a guild you see in the lists, hopefully this should help you do that.
3) Post 7 keeps a detailed list of all the updates made to the lists tracked in this thread, and the date they were made. This will allow more sets of eyes to make sure the guilds are in the current order on each list. Feel free to make a response if you should see something out of order in the lists, and I'll fix it.
4) Finally, the last post contains a FAQ about the thread. If you are a new guild that wishes to be included in this thread, please make sure you read over this information before posting!
Good luck to every guild and happy raiding!
Also thanks to the many people who have maintained this thread over the years thank you for your dedication! Also please request sticky!
Edited by Zailine on 12/6/2011 3:16 PM PST
Edited by Zailine on 4/25/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Edited by Zailine on 2/29/2012 11:24 PM PST
Guild Website List:
Edited by Zailine on 4/25/2012 10:28 AM PDT
Alpha - Heroic Morchok
Rocket Surgery - Heroic Morchok
Carried - Heroic Morchok
Redundancy - Heroic Morchok
Carried by Canada - Heroic Morchok
Added Evil Heart 4/8 to the list
Carpe Lootem - Madness of Deathwing
Origin of Sin - Heroic Morchok
Something Wicked - Heroic Morchok
Forty Two - Hagara
Infidus - Heroic Morchok
Redundancy - Heroic Yor'sahj
Autumn Sun - 7/8 Normal
Alpha - Heroic Yor'sahj
Rocket Surgery - Heroic Yor'sahj
Alpha - Heroic Zon'ozz
Rocket Surgery - Heroic Zon'ozz
Rocket Surgery - Heroic Ultraxion
Alpha - Heroic Hagara
Something Wicked - Heroic Zon'ozz
Redundancy - Heroic Zon'ozz and Heroic Hagara
Carpe Lootem - Heroic Morchok
Unholy Aura - 8/8
Something Wicked - Heroic Hagara
Redundancy - Heroic Ultraxion
Alpha - Heroic Ultraxion
Unholy Aura - Heroic Morchok
Carried - Heroic Yor'sahj
Autumn Sun - Madness of Deathwing
Rocket Surgery - Heroic Hagara
Something Wicked - Heroic Yor'sahj
Rocket Surgery - Heroic Blackhorn
Victory or Whatever 8/8 and Heroic Morchok
Edited by Zailine on 1/1/2012 10:44 AM PST
Progression Thread FAQ:
To explain how guilds are tracked, the following criteria is used:
1) Rankings are determined by the guild's completion of the current hardest-tier instances.
2) Heroic mode kills give higher rankings over normal mode kills.
3) End of wing bosses and end of instance boss kills give higher rankings over the start of instance boss kills.
4) At this point, if a guild is tied with other guilds, the tie breaker is determined by who got the hardest boss kill first.
NOTE: As 25 and 10 man modes are supposed to be about the same in difficulty now, 25 and 10 man guilds are ranked together in the same list. No matter the size of your guild, you are limited to one entry on the list per guild. Multiple raid groups within the same guild count towards the guild's single entry in the lists.
Boss kills and meta achievement earnings will also only be applied if they were gained in the guild's self identified content mode. Example: A self proclaimed 25 man guild that splits up their main raid team into multiple 10 man groups to get certain achievements or boss kills completed will not earn credit for their entry on the progression list until they also complete that content on 25 man or they re-identify themselves as a 10 man guild.
ALSO NOTE: As with Vault in Wintergrasp, Baradin's Hold in Tol Barad will not be tracked. It's a raid designed to be able to be completed by PuGs after their faction wins the PVP zone as a reward for winning the match; ala 'free epix'.
If your guild is not included on the list and you would like it to be, please have your GM or one of the officers reply to this thread with the following information:
1) Guild name
2) Raid type your guild focuses on. (25 or 10 man mode)
3) Current raid progression. (I will verify based off of armory pages, but listing it out for me does speed up the process and I'll like you more.)
4) Guild website. (this part is optional)
NOTE: If a member of your guild provides this information and is not the GM or a guild officer, before the guild will be added to the list, I will first try to contact one of them to make sure they approve of their guild being added. If they say no, or I can't get a hold of them, your guild will not be added.
ALSO NOTE: It is your own guild's responsibility to keep me updated on your progression. Anyone from your guild may make an update post once your guild is being tracked. If you want your guild progression kept up to date, you have to keep me informed. Once someone makes an update post, I'll verify it via armory, and then update the progression lists.
I believe this should cover almost all the questions that arise while maintaining the progression lists. Please feel free to contact me if you have any others.
Wouldn't mind getting added to this - Horde guild <Evil Heart>, 4/8 reg in DS as of Friday. 12/12 reg in FL. No guild site to speak yet, working on getting one together :)
Edited by Maddhex on 12/7/2011 10:14 AM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.