Mobile authenticator not working?

85 Human Warrior
My mobile authenticator is on my ipod touch, and im wondering why i cant long into the game. I just reset my password thinking that might be the cause of the issue, but i cant even log onto the account page to take it off, or log into the game still.

Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Did you try synching the authenticator?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Adonaii, it's also possible that the serial on your Battle.net Mobile Authenticator does not match the serial attached to your account.

If that is the case, you will want to either use the Restore feature, if you've written down the Serial and Restore Code attached to your account, or contact Account and Technical Services if you do not have this information.

Please read the following article first: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=27005&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=4275

Account and Technical Services

US: 1-800-592-5499

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=cs&rhtml=true
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
FYI everyone. The recent Battlenet Mobile Authenticator update on Android wipes out your serial number and gives you a new serial number. This means that you after the update you will be locked out of your account. We discovered this issue first with my friend's account and her mobile authenticator. I suspected the serial number was the issue so I did the following steps to solve the problem. Here they are for you:

1. Open your mobile authenticator app
2. Select Menu >> Setup >> Continue
3. Write down your Serial and Restore Code
4. Update your authenticator app
5. Open the app (you'll notice the serial has changed)
6. Select Menu >> Restore
7. Select "I want to perform a restoration"
8. Enter your Serial and Restore Code
9. Submit

You should receive a success message. That should do it.

Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
The recent Android BMA has already been removed from the Marketplace and we are submitting a new one soon.
Edited by Wilebosk on 12/1/2011 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
The Battle.net Mobile Authenticator is now available on the Android Marketplace. The issue reported above has been resolved.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
If you got hit with this bug, just give them a call. It was quick and painless for me. They verified who I was and then added the new serial for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I had this same problem, all I had to do was press the sync button on my iPod and it worked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
TAG
There appears to be an issue with the app itself for some people. My friends app will not generate a new code no matter what he does. I suggest if you are going to add an authenticator to shove out the $7 and buy one from blizzard
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
01/04/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Xanthose
There appears to be an issue with the app itself for some people. My friends app will not generate a new code no matter what he does. I suggest if you are going to add an authenticator to shove out the $7 and buy one from blizzard

What error does your friend receive?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
my authenticator simply doesnt work anymore, tryed to restore, resync, but nothing happens.. its mobile , on android.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
02/19/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Xandi
my authenticator simply doesnt work anymore, tryed to restore, resync, but nothing happens.. its mobile , on android.

What version of the Mobile Authenticator are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If you do so, please be sure to write down your current Serial # and the Restore Code, located on the 2nd page of the Setup section.

Please also provide the following:

• Device model
  • OS version
  • Network carrier
  • Is your device rooted?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]