Cannot transmog lvl60 PvP gear

(Locked)

84 Night Elf Druid
I am just adding to the multitude of players who are saddened by this issue. When PVP gear used to be so so expensive with marks and everything, I saved from Level 60 to level 70 to get all the Field Marshal set. I was sad when I got to Northrend and had to upgrade. But I've been saving it especially for the Transmog. I may not play the game for much longer, but I wanted to see my characters looking attractive again before my extended vacation from the game.

Please Blizzard. Let us know why its not permitted and what makes it any different than all other pvp sets.

Thank you.
90 Human Warlock
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

Posted by Bashiok.

GG on making everything more difficult than it should be, Blizz. =/
85 Undead Mage
I would also like to transmog my gear to look like I am wearing a high warlord set, but it says "This item's appearance cannot be used"

Makes no sense why not, its cloth to cloth, dagger to dagger, and is epic with stats, so whats the deal?

I also think this is a very lame.
Edited by Vexatìon on 11/29/2011 4:56 PM PST
85 Human Warrior
^^^Sooner than later please!
100 Human Mage
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657275742?page=9#178

EDIT: Forum dropped the attribution the first time around. This came from a blue response to this issue. See that thread for further discussion.
Edited by Raimondas on 11/29/2011 8:21 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
Darn it, you beat me Rai! Thanks for posting that, though. It's great to get a response on this issue, for sure.
100 Human Warrior
Agreed with all of ^. I've had intentions of transmogrifying my whole Field Marshal set, and I get "This item's appearance cannot be used." wtf Give us an exciting new feature but not let us use it. Reminds me of those "Even kids know when they're getting the runaround" commercials. Please fix!
85 Tauren Warrior
Your response does not address the issue of the level 60 blue set, for instance for Horde, the Bloodguard set for hunters is a level 60 mail 5 piece set that is red in color and looks really nice. There was a minimum honor requirement and no feat of strength required for this set. AS for the warlord set, my warrior has the title "Warlord" yet cannot transmorg the warlord or General's gear. I read a "Blue" post somewhere that the problem stems from an issue relating to the "unique" classification of the set pieces and that they failed to deposit properly in the void banks. Blizzard removed the "unique" classification, which allowed for void bank use but rendered the pieces non-transmorg-able. In any case, it seems like a giant cluster (censored). Blizzard: please respond as to the status of the level 60 classic pvp sets.
85 Draenei Mage
The problem with lvl 60 pvp gear (and I have yet to see with tier 9) is that horde and alliance have different models. Let's say faction transfer your human pally into a belf, the models of the items were not translating into the horde counterparts, so basically you were a belf running with alliance gear (including shield!). Blizzard couldn't find a fix to this (yet) so they disabled those items.
100 Human Mage
11/29/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Schloopie
Your response does not address the issue of the level 60 blue set, for instance for Horde, the Bloodguard set for hunters is a level 60 mail 5 piece set that is red in color and looks really nice. There was a minimum honor requirement and no feat of strength required for this set. AS for the warlord set, my warrior has the title "Warlord" yet cannot transmorg the warlord or General's gear. I read a "Blue" post somewhere that the problem stems from an issue relating to the "unique" classification of the set pieces and that they failed to deposit properly in the void banks. Blizzard removed the "unique" classification, which allowed for void bank use but rendered the pieces non-transmorg-able. In any case, it seems like a giant cluster (censored). Blizzard: please respond as to the status of the level 60 classic pvp sets.

Did you not read the blue post I quoted three posts above yours?

The upshot is that being unable to transmog the items is intended behavior. HOWEVER, people who actually earned the titles in vanilla and have the feat of strength for doing so can go to Area 52 and buy replicas for transmog purposes.
Edited by Raimondas on 11/29/2011 8:23 PM PST
89 Troll Druid
Please fix this, I'd very much like to wear the gladiator/warlord PRE-BC set as a feral druid. It looks amazing.

Also, let me deposit my tabards in the void storage. I have like 30 just sitting in my bank, it's so annoying. I don't want to get rid of them either. :(

Edit: reading through the thread and finding an answer, still sorely disappointed. I've played since BC on this character and PRE-BC on a warrior on EU realms.
Edited by Dudefish on 11/30/2011 12:55 PM PST
80 Draenei Hunter
The restriction seems pretty pointless.

They want those sets to be exclusive to people who participated in the old PvP grind, but those sets already lost their "exclusiveness" when they let everyone have it for a minimal amount of honor. We've already spent the past few years seeing level 60-70 players walking around in that gear; might as well let 85's do it, too. And this is coming from a Field Marshal who did that ridiculous grind.
100 Human Mage
Hi all,

This is still not a discussion forum and Blizzard will not hear your concerns when posted in the Bug Report Forum. Blizzard WILL hear your concerns if you post in the threads currently active in General Discussion for this issue. I think it's up to the third or fourth capped thread by now.
85 Dwarf Warrior
^What Kidley said except I never had the chance to participate in the old school pvp.
85 Troll Rogue
Yeah this is stupid. I had a whole set picked out for my druid, bought it, and then found out I couldn't transmog it. Cmon Blizzard, fix this.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Please read Raimondas's posts, Silverarm. Thank you.
Edited by Amilyra on 12/8/2011 5:08 PM PST
12/08/2011 12:02 AMPosted by Invisiboll
Ret pally wins int/haste proc trinket... how?

i noticed this happen too, good caster trinket went to a ret pally... which is bs.
90 Orc Shaman
Very disappointed I cant use the Level 60 PvP sets, purchasable with my excess HP, for transmogrify.
90 Human Rogue
12/17/2011 01:09 AMPosted by Taraezor
Very disappointed I cant use the Level 60 PvP sets, purchasable with my excess HP, for transmogrify.

Hi all,

This is still not a discussion forum and Blizzard will not hear your concerns when posted in the Bug Report Forum. Blizzard WILL hear your concerns if you post in the threads currently active in General Discussion for this issue. I think it's up to the third or fourth capped thread by now.
100 Orc Hunter
Why have I not seen a Blue Post on this? This is a serious problem Blizzard. Fix...It...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]