LFD Tool Down?

MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
11/29/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Bashiok
There's a known issue causing the LFG servers to crash, which is kicking people out of queue. A hotfix is already in production and we expect will be implemented this evening.

I should have put you higher up on the CMsmas tree.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
There's a known issue causing the LFG servers to crash, which is kicking people out of queue. A hotfix is already in production and we expect will be implemented this evening.

The LFD kick function strikes back? :D
Reply Quote

There's also an issue that's causing long queue times, and again a hotfix is in progress.

Thanks for the heads up. Was just in one of the 4.3 dungeons when someone had to go and the lfg tool keep removing are qroup from the queue to get a replacement. We could not down the boss with just 2 dps so after trying 2 times healer left so we split.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

There's also an issue that's causing long queue times, and again a hotfix is in progress.

Thanks for the headsup, Bashiok. I really appreciate it, as now we can point people in the right direction over in the Bug Report Forums. <3
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
try restaring wow that may work ive been in for 11 min after restart. hope i get in
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
i think they fixed the problem
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
AuotKick feature implemented. coded to only kick scrubs and jerkfaces. Working as intended.

;)
Edited by Anatole on 11/29/2011 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

Do you guys not have one of the most well funded, populous design teams in the industry at your disposal?

Shouldn't a low graphics, well greased game be smooth to patch and change by now?

Please do respond to me, I'm actually curious about these things.

Don't take this as a blatant insult, I actually feel strongly about this issue and want to know more about it before I make judgements.
Edited by Neachi on 11/29/2011 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Warrior
Yeah we were waiting for an hour and got booted.

Ha haaaa. Squeezin' my stress ball right now.

ow! ow! my head! stop it!
Edited by Huggywuggles on 11/29/2011 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

You're hotfixing away half the dps specs?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage

/bro-wing

Here to Help :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Bout time, thought i was going crazy trying to figure wtf is going on.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/29/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Neachi
Do you guys not have one of the most well funded, populous design teams in the industry at your disposal?

Potentially. I don't know much about other companies to be honest.

Shouldn't a low graphics, well greased game be smooth to patch and change by now?

Well, as major patches go, 4.3 was one of the smoothest in the history of the game.

Game features and service issues have nothing to do with graphics, or even really the age of a game, though. World of Warcraft is, I would bet, one of the most complex games currently out there (the most?) in the types and scope of game systems we have. It's also no spring chicken, and so as we shove more robot-guts into the thing it just gets more complex and all these little cogs have to continue to work in-tandem.

If we weren't constantly improving and evolving the game, I might agree with you, but there's no formula for how you implement a region-wide 25 person raid queuing system under load of millions of people and test all possibilities of its use before release. Right?

Don't take this as a blatant insult, I actually feel strongly about this issue and want to know more about it before I make judgements.

Oh I don't! I take it as a deflected insult. :)
Edited by Bashiok on 11/29/2011 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Rogue
thumbs up bashiok.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
I <3 Bashiok
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The maintenance window ended exactly on time and there's only minor hiccups, I think they're doing alright.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm pleased so far. Haven't gotten to do the dungeons yet, but it's only the first day. Meanwhile I can prance around Orgrimmar in my newly mogged threads. Can we have a fashion show while we wait?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Kittiee
The maintenance window ended exactly on time and there's only minor hiccups, I think they're doing alright.

Unless, of course, you just pissed away an hour and a half waiting for LFG to admit you only to get booted. I guess I'll give it a week and then come back to try to log in to see if I can actually DO something in the game other than dance in SW.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
One would hope over the course of 7 years that you would learn how to patch games more efficiently now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
LFD load-testing isn't something that's easily testable on PTR, particularly because of the low population. So, if this is one of the few issues that's popping up on patch day, that's pretty damned impressive.

An update would be sincerely appreciated, though, since this has been going on for quite some time now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]