Fl nerfed again?

85 Dwarf Paladin
Well my guild did firelands tonight because our raid leader was having internet issues and no one wanted to progress without her.
And we noticed something wierd. Ryholith was moving much much slower. Ally's tornados hit for nothing and he birds are the same way. Major domo's cleave tickle and rag doesnt seem to be hitting as hard either.

So whats up, another nerf?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Rhyolith is somewhat bugged, half the time he pulls super slow and is friendly in phase 2.
I haven't heard anything else on the other bosses specifically though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
My guild had rhyolith go friendly in p2 and become unattackable. They definitely did something in firelands with 4.3.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
How severe are these nerfs?

We're going in tomorrow because our druid is 41 essences away, but how are all the bosses? Did they take another health nerf? Did they all lose major mechanics or what?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
What my guild noticed was:

Beth'tilac's raid damage was laughable.
Rhyolith moves at a crawl now.
You can now deal with the crystals in the Baleroc fight with just two people.
Majordomo's energy regen is significantly slower and I feel he didn't hit nearly as hard.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What my guild noticed was:

You can now deal with the crystals in the Baleroc fight with just two people.

Is this on heroic mode? Because it has always been that way for normal mode since 9/19 nerf. So assuming the two soakers don't get screwed by countdown, you are saying one team is enough?

Want to get enough info because it seems like a pretty good place to have people who normally soak to get a good parse in.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
According to a thread on mmo champion rag doesn't do magma geysers in p4 anymore
lolll
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're looking into the issue with Rhyolith randomly becoming friendly during some encounters. As far as his movement speed is concerned, the animation was changed in patch 4.3 a little bit. He appears to be moving slower, but his speed has not actually changed. We had our QA team verify this to make sure it is just an issue of perception.

Things like Fandral's Flame Scythe and Alysrazor's tornadoes have not been adjusted since our hotfixes in September.

We did remove Magma Geyser from phase 4 of the Heroic Ragnaros encounter. The reasoning behind this change wasn't so much to make the fight easier, but rather because the mechanic just wasn't really playing out the way we wanted it to.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

We did remove Magma Geyser from phase 4 of the Heroic Ragnaros encounter. The reasoning behind this change wasn't so much to make the fight easier, but rather because the mechanic just wasn't really playing out the way we wanted it to.

In other words, did you guys not intend for the "tri force" strategy? Did you think that guilds were going to take turns stepping in out of the geyser to clear stacks? This is not a criticism. Just an honest question :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
any other nerfs or anything like that for normal or any the heroic fights
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/30/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Zarhym

hahahahaha. Zarhym you're a funny guy. I mean, it might not have been intended to make the fight easier, but geyser is realistically the only difficult part of the entire phase.
Edited by Rain on 11/30/2011 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Firelords for everyone! But really, you address this 6 months later?
Edited by Liaka on 11/30/2011 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/30/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Liaka
Firelords for everyone!

You get a Firelord, you get a Firelord! Everyone gets Fireeelorrrdddssss.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Roflmao.

INB4 further nerfs to wrath content because honestly, 25 man heroic anub is probably harder than heroic rag at this point.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The reasoning behind this change wasn't so much to make the fight easier, but rather because the mechanic just wasn't really playing out the way we wanted it to.

Do you mind indulging the intent of that mechanic versus the actual outcome of it?
I think a better solution would have been to add an emote to say who caused the geyser.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Only way I can read that is that maybe they wanted people rotating in and out of breaths in small groups, and the pre-nerf DPS requirements forced the first few guilds to not do that, instead opting for possible geysers as the price of higher DPS before dreadflame softenrage. Maybe they hoped the 15% nerfs would lighten the DPS requirement enough for people to stop trying to keep everyone in breaths.

Although if they really wanted this, they should have just made the breaths geyser if there are more than 15 people total in them, instead of fooling around with "number of people near you" - the only other thing the launched mechanic achieved was preventing some AoE healing with the whole raid stacked in a point. So no, I'm not buying this "not what we intended" story either, if that were the case you could have changed it the first week people were in P4.
Edited by Fafhrd on 11/30/2011 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I call BS Zarhym
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]