H Out of Exile is Recruiting 1/6 H MSV 5/6HoF

85 Orc Shaman
Update: Heroic Warmaster down, only 2 left. Also, grats to Notizanagi for completing his legendary daggers.
-Z

I knew you guys would get it! Grats! :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
GRATS GUYS SORRY I MISS IT RETARD COMPUTER AND GRATS TO NOTIZNAGI ON HI DAGGERS
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Twin thats why the downed it duhhhhh
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
/Bump

We have opened up recruiting a bit more going into the summer and eventual release of MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Heroic Spine of Deathwing down finally. Summer vacation slowed us down admittedly but now that people are back we are back to running as smoothly as normal. Recruiting for Heroic Madness, our 2nd raid group, and MoP.
/bump
-Z
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Heroic Madness of Deathwing down. Expansion cleared, great work everyone. Thank you to all those who participated in/with our guild throughout this expansion.
-Z
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Great job in getting 8/8 guys.

Glad to hear you finally pushed away all the content.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Awesome job guys, congrats on your 8/8 heroic. Hopefully in the next expansion Hydraxis can really start to make a name for itself :P I can't wait 'till our group starts progressing into heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/04/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Thuzada
Hopefully in the next expansion Hydraxis can really start to make a name for itself
lmfao
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Cloaked you are part of the problem, not the solution. There are plenty of excellent players on this server without a good home. The problem is that we have exclusively casual and hardcore guilds. There is no guild for the good but casual player. Plenty of good players just float around in the cesspools that are trade chat pugs and guilds that are going nowhere slowly. If we just had a solid guild to rally around I honestly think we could make this server a fun place to be :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
07/10/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Thuzada
There is no guild for the good but casual player.

There are plenty of guilds like that. Hell, the majority of the top progression guilds on Hydraxis are essentially casual. Even during progression Peon raided 6-8 hours a week (usually on the low side of that). We didn't start out at 3 or 4 days and then switch to 2 when we had everything on farm. Our 2 day a week schedule has almost been standard since we formed.

A few heroic raiding guilds on Hydraxis may have a hardcore image, but almost all of them have a very casual approach to scheduling. The realm rank of Hydraxis is very respectable considering this. Even more so when you factor in that the more highly populated faction doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in PVE.

The issue with Hydraxis right now (at least Horde side) is that we're in the pre-expansion burn out phase. A lot of players that have finished the content are taking a break. A ton of players that haven't have also decided to step away until the pre-patch. It's pretty standard for the end of an expansion. This end of expansion just happens to be even more dead than previous releases. The raid content was too fast to run through, Diablo 3 came out, and the MoP beta was expanded to a much wider audience. Medium and low pop servers are going to look like ghost towns when you combine that. Even high pop servers have felt the effect.

So new heroic raiding guilds are extremely unlikely to pop up between now and MoP. But a slew of new raiding guilds always happens during the beginning of each expansion. 3 of the top 5 raiding guilds on the server weren't raiding in Wrath. If you're looking for a bunch of new raiding guilds to hit the Hydraxis scene...then you're just a couple months early.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Now that I step back and think about it, Salion's pretty much dead-on about the casual nature of just about every raiding guild on Hydraxis. When I was there, I don't think I could remember a single raiding guild that did more than 3 nights a week. The standard was always 3, with some only mustering to do 2. No serious 4-5 night raid guilds I think have existed on Hydraxis in a very long time.

Granted, the one thing I disagree with is,

07/10/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Salion
The issue with Hydraxis right now (at least Horde side) is that we're in the pre-expansion burn out phase.

I felt like this actually started near the end of tier 11 and hit high levels during the mid of tier 12, before finally epitomizing in tier 13 because of everything you stated.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
07/10/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Platform
Now that I step back and think about it, Salion's pretty much dead-on about the casual nature of just about every raiding guild on Hydraxis. When I was there, I don't think I could remember a single raiding guild that did more than 3 nights a week. The standard was always 3, with some only mustering to do 2. No serious 4-5 night raid guilds I think have existed on Hydraxis in a very long time.

The last successful guild to go over 3 regularly was Pantheon back in Wrath. The standard in T13 has been closer to 2 days a week.

I felt like this actually started near the end of tier 11 and hit high levels during the mid of tier 12, before finally epitomizing in tier 13 because of everything you stated.

Never said that that server activity didn't die out gradually as well. Just the last couple months have seen a very dramatic drop off.
Edited by Salion on 7/10/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well I'm glad to see that our recruitment thread has at least revitalized the forums a little bit. Personally I've always thought this was a great server with outstanding people/players (for the most part) even if it isn't high pop. We've been on this server since BC went live and Hydraxis has definitely had its ups and downs, but we are still here and overall the people you associate with is what makes the game what it is.

I agree that the pre-expansion burn out phase is hitting harder this time around, and I think a lot of it has to do with the greater length of time between the final raid content patch and the actual new expansion. In vanilla Naxx came out to keep people busy (most guilds never even saw it, much less cleared it). In BC Sunwell dropped and kept players busy. Even in WotLK they had Ruby Sanctum, not much but at least it was something. This time around, however, DS came out and there is no end in sight as the expansion likely won't hit until end of the fall.

Currently our guild is alternating what we raid each week in order to keep things at least somewhat fresh and expose as many players as possible to all the content that this expansion has had to offer. We are going back and clearing fights that a lot of players never got to see for some reason or another such as H Nef, Sinestra, H Rag, etc. As well as clearing DS on heroic for titles and regular for the meta mount achievements. We switched to the 2 night a week schedule a couple months ago and that seems to be working well for us.

That said we are always open to more casual events as well, we take progression raiding seriously but outside of that we are always open to any players looking for a home to hang out in and have fun. If anyone is interested in joining (for any reason, raiding or otherwise) or just organizing/taking part in some kind of casual fun event (i.e.- rated bgs, alliance city raids, etc.) feel free to get with us in game. Recently we have hosted the Amazing Azeroth Race where teams compete in a race with tasks all across the World....of Warcraft with some success (the winners get a gold reward) and if people are interested they are welcome to take part in that regardless of what guild you are in.

Wall of text over.
-Z
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I'm contributing.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I love walls of text. They keep the illiterates out.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I cant read :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
we know u cant read taste or download DBM lol <3 lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
DBM is highly overrated
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
08/04/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Orcgasmic
DBM is highly overrated

I said that same thing in a raid once...of course I had the free time to type because I was a corpse.
Edited by Grouptwohelz on 8/4/2012 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]