Cross-Realm Real-ID BG Grouping is Now Avail.

MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that you can now group up with your real ID friends from other realms and queue for battlegrounds together just like you have been able to do for dungeons for a while. This is a very welcome feature addition and should making plowing through BG’s to get geared out for season 11 that much more enjoyable for everyone.

Community Manager Daxxarri confirmed via twitter that this was intentionally included with patch 4.3, so it should be here to stay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's exciting news, thank you for the heads up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that you can now group up with your real ID friends from other realms and queue for battlegrounds together just like you have been able to do for dungeons for a while. This is a very welcome feature addition and should making plowing through BG’s to get geared out for season 11 that much more enjoyable for everyone.

Community Manager Daxxarri confirmed via twitter that this was intentionally included with patch 4.3, so it should be here to stay.

I was skeptical on a troll until I looked to who posted it...awesomesauce.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Does this include rated BGs?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Never mind.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Best change in the world.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Does this include rated BGs?

I seriously doubt it, but we will not know for sure until next week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SIIIIIIIIIIICCCC%*%%*%

its abought damn time i say cuz my friends dont like to server transfer.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Best change in the world.

Ya I am pretty excited about it as well =)
Reply Quote
96 Troll Druid
Halle-freakin-lujah!!!
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
NICE! I only read the class changes in patch notes. i would have gone on for quite a while longer until i figured this out haha.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Correct! Cross-realm Real-ID parties can queue for battlegrounds.

I have made sure that this is in the 4.3 patch notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964563/43_Hour_of_Twilight_Patch_Notes-12_1_2011#blog

A few reminders about this --

You're going to see the limitations as you do in Looking-For-Dungeon and Looking-For-Raid.

You can't invite Real-ID friends to a raid.

If you have Real-ID friends in your group, you can't convert to a raid.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I have made sure that this is in the 4.3 patch notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964563/43_Hour_of_Twilight_Patch_Notes-12_1_2011#blog

You're going to see the limitations as you do in Looking-For-Dungeon and Looking-For-Raid.

I still can't see other accounts on my battle.net account :-( . Makes it hard to do dungeons or BG's with my son on another realm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This is awesome, I look forward to putting it to use this weekend with my priest! I'm a happy Bunny. =^.^=
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin

Thanks Kaivax! This feature is awesome, I can finally do BG's with all my RL friends on different servers! =)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Eh too late for me all my friends are on my server now.... hopefully though they will fix the bug that stops you from queuing with more than 5 people. Can't believe they haven't fixed it yet, very annoying.
Edited by Breslau on 12/1/2011 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
So you cannot queue for rated bgs as for now, right?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
12/01/2011 09:30 AMPosted by Breslau
Eh too late for me all my friends are on my server now.... hopefully though they will fix the bug that stops you from queuing with more than 5 people. Can't believe they haven't fixed it yet, very annoying.

That is intentional, it is not a bug. Pre-made non-rated battleground groups are limited to 5 players or less.
Reply Quote
35 Gnome Warlock

Any plans to expand this Real-ID thing for LF-Raid?. Not necessarily having 10+ people in the group to queue, but for a small group in less than 5 people.
Reply Quote
So does cross realm wargames work?
I've noticed that you can group with someone from a different realm and then challenge people from your own realm to a wargame, will you implement a way to group with someone from your own realm and que against players from entirely different realms without needing to have a player from the same realm in the party?
I understand this would be somewhat harder because you wouldn't be able to target the people from other realms unless they were in your party.

sorry for the wall of text.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]