Cross-Realm Real-ID BG Grouping is Now Avail.

85 Orc Hunter
I AM EXCITE!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that you can now group up with your real ID friends from other realms and queue for battlegrounds together just like you have been able to do for dungeons for a while. This is a very welcome feature addition and should making plowing through BG’s to get geared out for season 11 that much more enjoyable for everyone.

Community Manager Daxxarri confirmed via twitter that this was intentionally included with patch 4.3, so it should be here to stay.

read this, tabbed back into wow to post a note about it in real id. saw no friends online. slightly less excited but hey, awesome news for all my friends im now realms apart from.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
That is intentional, it is not a bug. Pre-made non-rated battleground groups are limited to 5 players or less.

I doubt it there is no way blizzard would do something so stupid and pointless as to remove something that large numbers of people have enjoyed since the conception of bgs. I don't need any more than 1 or 2 of my glad friends with me for a guaranteed win in every single bg including ioc and av but it is really just not fun to do bgs with bots and afkers and in general people who don't know how to play the game despite its simplicity.

I was convinced that because of this, blizzard did not seem to want people to queue with friends AT ALL for bgs and therefore was the reason we couldn't real id queue in the first place but now that they have reverted that it makes me wonder..

There is a work-around for this bug but hopefully they will fix it soon so we don't have to go the extra mile to ensure everyone is in the same bg.
Edited by Breslau on 12/1/2011 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
That is intentional, it is not a bug. Pre-made non-rated battleground groups are limited to 5 players or less.

I doubt it there is no way blizzard would do something so stupid and pointless as to remove something that large numbers of people have enjoyed since the conception of bgs. I don't need any more than 1 or 2 of my glad friends with me for a guaranteed win in every single bg including ioc and av but it is really just not fun to do bgs with bots and afkers and in general people who don't know how to play the game despite its simplicity.

I was convinced that because of this, blizzard did not seem to want people to queue with friends AT ALL for bgs and therefore was the reason we couldn't real id queue in the first place but now that they have reverted that it makes me wonder..

There is a work-around for this bug but hopefully they will fix it soon so we don't have to go the extra mile to ensure everyone is in the same bg.

premades are awesome, if your in the premade. not so much for the opposing side. may as well play rated if your so worried about bots and bads you get honor after capping conquest fyi. as for why blizz hasnt "fixed it" they did it was broken now you cant pre-make a 10 man group for random's. unless you use enabler and rumor is that thing is being watched by blizz and about to be taken down. this isnt about not being able to play with friends because you can play with friends just not 9 of them.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
You don't need an addon to get around it you can queue at the same time and if you get it at the same time it is almost certainly the same bg. And if you think rbgs are an alternative you probably don't do them or, in your case it appears that you pug them a lot. High-end players can't pug or we will lose tremendous amounts of rating. My team is not on everytime I want to pvp, which is every time I am on the game because I do not like pve AT ALL. Premades are for ANYONE and casual players need premades more than I do. I do not need premades to win games because I am fully geared and skilled and have plenty of people that are fully geared and skilled. I have seen 4 people fail to take down a 1200 holy paladin with my peeling while I have 2 people on me as well. What happens when I bring a 2800 holy paladin? and a 2800 feral and dk? I don't need 10 2800 players just 1 or 2. The 1200 players need help the most.

I do not want to derail this thread so this is the last I will reply to this, just wanted to add my 2 cents is all.
Edited by Breslau on 12/1/2011 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Can we make cross server Arena teams? It would be nice if I did not have to leave my server to find an Arena partner.
Reply Quote
This could be a boon for rated battlegrounds, because you can group with people in regular games to evaluate them before transfer.

BUT I am not looking forward to having to do randoms to get conquest points...IoC and SoTA are generally despised.
Reply Quote
45 Goblin Warlock
Great change.

:D
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
This is kinda of upsetting.

I posted on the forums a few days ago (probably Tuesday night), asking when this would happen. People had no idea that this feature was here now.

So, on Wednesday I paid for a server transfer so I could PVP with a friend of mine.

$25.00 down the drain. It was never even mentioned or hinted that we could do this with all the blog post that where going on for 4.3
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
sweet
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Why no cross-realm Raid Finder groups? WHY?!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/01/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Rynestyne
Can we make cross server Arena teams? It would be nice if I did not have to leave my server to find an Arena partner.

and this:
This could be a boon for rated battlegrounds

and this
Why no cross-realm Raid Finder groups? WHY?!

PLEASE! :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

Blizz in fact DID try to do raid bgs, back in BC, where it would match raids vs raids. But guess what? Thats not what people wanted. They didnt want to face other raids, they wanted the easy kill random team wins. Thus, it became very unpopular, and not many queue up as raids. The queue times became much much longer, because there were no other players joining as raids.

Thus in the end, it really wanst a popular thing, raid bgs.

But now, lukcly, there are Rated BGs, for those that do want to join as a raid with 9 other friends. :)

But, im assuming people dont want to face other raids again?
Edited by Elindil on 12/1/2011 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
So does this apply to rated battlegrounds too or only unrated? I realize its the "in-between" week so players can't test it for themselves. but maybe a blue could chime in?
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Warrior
12/01/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Eashaim
$25.00 down the drain. It was never even mentioned or hinted that we could do this with all the blog post that where going on for 4.3

It's not all that bad. You guys can do arenas and rated BGs now.
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Warrior
12/01/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Ionadh
So does this apply to rated battlegrounds too or only unrated? I realize its the "in-between" week so players can't test it for themselves. but maybe a blue could chime in?

The blue said you can't convert to raid with a real ID friend:
12/01/2011 09:14 AMPosted by Kaivax
You can't invite Real-ID friends to a raid.

Can't do rateds if you're not in a raid.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
@Tre - no not all bad, but I would of waited a bit if I was going to transfer, if at all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Can we expect the changing-to-raid-with-realID-friends to change?
I'd like to do LFR and BGs with more than 4 friends since there are enough spots for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]