Cross-Realm Real-ID BG Grouping is Now Avail.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Correct! Cross-realm Real-ID parties can queue for battlegrounds.

I have made sure that this is in the 4.3 patch notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964563/43_Hour_of_Twilight_Patch_Notes-12_1_2011#blog

A few reminders about this --

You're going to see the limitations as you do in Looking-For-Dungeon and Looking-For-Raid.

You can't invite Real-ID friends to a raid.

If you have Real-ID friends in your group, you can't convert to a raid.

YES YES YES.

I was going to ask, but i figured it wasn't going to happen this patch.

You just made my week, Kman. <3333333
Reply Quote

Please make Real ID cross realm invites available for raids too please!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Question: IF our real ID friend is from another Battlegroup, which battlegroup will we be Que'ed into?
Perhaps the person who made the group?

my actual example is if I invite the other person, I'm in Ner'zhul and belong to bloodlust battlegroup, and he is in tanaris and belongs to nighfall battlegroup. Which group do we go into???
I ask cause Ive played on both and bloodlust is also known for there excellent pvp players, and PuG organization. where as nightfall.... well nightfall is just not.. known for.. you know.. that stuff :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/01/2011 09:14 AMPosted by Kaivax

i will have your child now.

children*
Edited by Jackjacks on 12/1/2011 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
That is intentional, it is not a bug. Pre-made non-rated battleground groups are limited to 5 players or less.

I doubt it there is no way blizzard would do something so stupid and pointless as to remove something that large numbers of people have enjoyed since the conception of bgs. I don't need any more than 1 or 2 of my glad friends with me for a guaranteed win in every single bg including ioc and av but it is really just not fun to do bgs with bots and afkers and in general people who don't know how to play the game despite its simplicity.

I was convinced that because of this, blizzard did not seem to want people to queue with friends AT ALL for bgs and therefore was the reason we couldn't real id queue in the first place but now that they have reverted that it makes me wonder..

There is a work-around for this bug but hopefully they will fix it soon so we don't have to go the extra mile to ensure everyone is in the same bg.

As you were already told, it is not a bug. I tried finding some info on it since you rejected the MVP's response and all I can find quickly is this thread ---> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118361829?page=1 Dated 11/23/2010, the discussion was about the 5 player cap for premades. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118361829?page=2#21 Check that post out…clearly says it's a change, not a bug. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118361829?page=1#19 even says there was no warning beforehand.

Anyways, I'm glad I can finally group with RL friends cross-realm to BG.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Well, the next change I find interesting to look into is being able to do arenas/raids with Real-ID friends WITHIN BATTLEGROUPS. That shouldn't be hard to manage, since the only problem I can possibly see interrupting that idea is the reward-system in pvp/pve. Yeah, actually, now that I thought of that, maybe just arenas/rated bgs inside battlegroups, as pve still award realm-first achievements (which is restricted to realms, duh)

PVP FREEDOM NOW!
Edited by Lianon on 12/1/2011 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
As you were already told, it is not a bug. I tried finding some info on it since you rejected the MVP's response and all I can find quickly is this thread ---> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118361829?page=1 Dated 11/23/2010, the discussion was about the 5 player cap for premades. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118361829?page=2#21 Check that post out…clearly says it's a change, not a bug. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118361829?page=1#19 even says there was no warning beforehand.

Anyways, I'm glad I can finally group with RL friends cross-realm to BG.

Thanks for finding that Wysper, I have been pretty busy today.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As an observation, it also looks like they tweaked the queue a little bit.

It no longer appears to take priority in forming games within your own battlegroup. Queues have been popping nigh instantly with people from a wide variety of battlegroups. I wonder if this is related to the implementation of RealID battlegrounds, or just something they've planed to change in general.

It certainly dissuades people trying to queue sync in the random queue, it's a lot less guaranteed with instant queue pops.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This is too good?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What would be great is if you could queue for a battleground with your cross-faction friends from other servers, so that you could be guaranteed a chance to kill them. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

I have made sure that this is in the 4.3 patch notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964563/43_Hour_of_Twilight_Patch_Notes-12_1_2011#blog

A few reminders about this --

You're going to see the limitations as you do in Looking-For-Dungeon and Looking-For-Raid.

If you have Real-ID friends in your group, you can't convert to a raid.
Aww thats a shame i was hoping to LFR with a old buddy =[
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
So. Does this include cross realm arena teams? Or will it be strictly for regular Battlegrounds? Probably still can't but one can still hope.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Question: IF our real ID friend is from another Battlegroup, which battlegroup will we be Que'ed into?
Perhaps the person who made the group?

my actual example is if I invite the other person, I'm in Ner'zhul and belong to bloodlust battlegroup, and he is in tanaris and belongs to nighfall battlegroup. Which group do we go into???
I ask cause Ive played on both and bloodlust is also known for there excellent pvp players, and PuG organization. where as nightfall.... well nightfall is just not.. known for.. you know.. that stuff :(

You are as likely to be fighting people from Retaliation or Retribution as you are Bloodlust and Nightfall. All the Battlegroups are linked now for normal BG’s.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Is this for everyone? I seem to remember that cross-realm dungeon finder was advertised as being temporary, and would later be a "premium service".

Is this free, and will it stay free?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Is this for everyone? I seem to remember that cross-realm dungeon finder was advertised as being temporary, and would later be a "premium service".

Is this free, and will it stay free?

I believe it will remain free.

I've not heard anything about it being temporaraly free or being a premium service later on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Best PvP feature included in the patch. Keep fun things like this coming that promotes team PvP!!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
What if all your real ID friends on other realms are a part of the other faction. Cause i play Alliance and all my real ID friends plays horde. After all, i if i wanted to play horde i would be go to their server, lol.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
12/06/2011 08:29 AMPosted by Bloodseker
What if all your real ID friends on other realms are a part of the other faction.

Kill them. Kill them all.

(I mean if you happen to run into them in a bg, of course).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Breslau get the addon called preform AV enabler and you can queue with as many people as you want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]